IGNORED

Pompey To Sell Nugent? Moyes Decision Vindicated?

BlueBri

A great many Evertonians I know, and RS for that matter, were surprised when Moyes didn't get out the cheque book for Nugent. Moyes stuck to his guns over the valuation fee and free spending Pompey came in and snapped him up. I personally thought it a shame as the lad has shown promise for club and country and is the type of player everyone thinks would link well with AJ.

However, recent development have been very interesting, so has Moyes's intuition yet again been bang on. Why would any manager spend £6 million on a striker and then look to offlaod him within weeks? Has Harry seen something he doesn't like? Something doesn't quite fit about this.

I know some people will say it is purely that Harry is trying to land the Yak or even Anelka and is using Nugent as bait.

Whatever the reason, it does make you wonder what has happened at Pompey to want to offload Nugent so soon after buying him.

What does anyone else think?? Does someone have any inside info perhaps???

A great many Evertonians I know, and RS for that matter, were surprised when Moyes didn't get out the cheque book for Nugent. Moyes stuck to his guns over the valuation fee and free spending Pompey came in and snapped him up. I personally thought it a shame as the lad has shown promise for club and country and is the type of player everyone thinks would link well with AJ.

However, recent development have been very interesting, so has Moyes's intuition yet again been bang on. Why would any manager spend £6 million on a striker and then look to offlaod him within weeks? Has Harry seen something he doesn't like? Something doesn't quite fit about this.

I know some people will say it is purely that Harry is trying to land the Yak or even Anelka and is using Nugent as bait.

Whatever the reason, it does make you wonder what has happened at Pompey to want to offload Nugent so soon after buying him.

What does anyone else think?? Does someone have any inside info perhaps???

Firstly let me say rightout that I DONT KNOW. But I have heard he was promised first team football but it seems he is more than likely going to be used from the bench and he's unhappy (perhaps there was a clause in his contract). If this is the case seems like unprofessional behaviour. If he was at Everton he would not be in the first eleven every week. Especially now that Boro have agreed a fee with EFC regarding YAKUBU.

Well knock me over with a duster!!!! It was beginning to look like the transfer that would never happen. Well, for me, although he is expensive, I look forward to seeing him play in royal blue. He should have come a couple of years ago.

Should be succesful at EFC. (well, couldnt be any worse than Beattie, god bless him). Yakubu is more of a "proper" centre forward (more so than AJ). Yakubu and AJ would be a good partnership. I'd be surprised if Yakubu doesnt end up being our top goal scorer this season (should we agree terms and get him to sign).

I know I'm getting ahead of myself a bit but it is good news. :)

Harry meant to have said last night that he is avalible for the right price,

however am I missing something???

didn;t think that a player could not play for 2 clubs in the same season???

It's 3 clubs mate and so far this footballing year he's only played for Pompey, it's just an unusual situation that he may be sold again within the same window.

Surly the kid can't be that bad?????

For 'arry to be willing to sell it makes me think he's not even putting the ball in the net in training!

Maybe a cheeky £4m offer for him if reports are true thats what DM was willing to offer for him at Preston???

Could be that he has not settled there or as you said not even scoring in training, however he did score last night but the reporter said he was poor during the game

honestly i think moyes jus doesnt see it in him.

i'm from leyland near preston and all my mates are big north end fans. and they love him but a few of them who use to see him week in week out said he could make it but....

1. the clubs linked with him us and pompey at the time are too much of bigger, demanding clubs. who'll want an instant return!

2. he could be jus one of those strikers who is a brilliant championship striker but not a prem 1!

some ppl jus have what it takes to make it and some don't. like cahill and lescott

Maybe a cheeky £4m offer for him if reports are true thats what DM was willing to offer for him at Preston???

Could be that he has not settled there or as you said not even scoring in training, however he did score last night but the reporter said he was poor during the game

Would be happy if we got him for 4million quid but can you see pompey letting him go at a loss??

Does anyone know the deal regarding what Pompey paid Preston??? ie. Was it a certain initial outlay plus an extra whatever based on appearances? If so then I think we could get him for whatever the outlay was.

he'll have to be content with warming the bench quite a lot though.

They want their money so they can go after ADRIANO before City get him, I think Nugent is still a good Buy at 5/6 million, He'll come good. Maybe a swap with Mcfaddy. :)

I was thinking tht, but if there after a top striker like Redknapp said then i think they would want money.

Moyes just doesnt seem to fancy him or he'd be here wouldnt he!

Not for 6 mill. Perhaps if Preston only wanted 4 mill Moyes wouldve taken him. At 4 million its worth it, what I saw of him last season he looked a decent player (despite his funny baby steps running style). SURELY after a couple of seasons (given the inflation rate of English players) his value would go up.

Look at him in the same way as a bit of Real Estate. Theres profit to be had there.