IGNORED

Strongest Team Since....?

Maghull70

Or am I being a bit too optimistic there?

Not at all. I don't think there's any question it's the best since then, the potential is there, the optimism among the fans is actually hugely higher now than it was before the eighties success (which came completely out of the blue). What we didn't have to contend with back then was opposition with seemingly bottomless pits of finance so success on that level is effectively impossible.

No not at all. I think anyone who disagreed would need their head checking. It is clearly the best team we have had since the 80's. The fact that Moyes is one of the best managers around and the fact that he has been given plenty of time and support from the board (albeit reluctantly at times), is a significant factor. I think how good we are was highighted several weeks ago when Alex Ferguson went all wax lyrical about how good we are and that we are the team to watch outside the big four.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree with the comment 'best team since the 80's but what i really like about this team now is the age. Most of our players are early or mid 20's now when you consider the team Moyes took over 5 years ago he has done some rebuilding. Very excited about the season now but next year and the year after is when we will see the best of this team.