IGNORED

Slight Bit Of Negativity

I think we are building an amzing squad at the moment. However I am slightly worried with all the money being banded around we haven't got in a decent left midfielder. We have arteta as a worldlass right midfielder, Manny cars, nevster piernar as a great mix of central midfielders and then we have ossie (who is a right winger) Faddy (Who is a stiker) and VDM (who likes his ducth courage too much) surely we should buy players who play in that poistion.

I think we are building an amzing squad at the moment. However I am slightly worried with all the money being banded around we haven't got in a decent left midfielder. We have arteta as a worldlass right midfielder, Manny cars, nevster piernar as a great mix of central midfielders and then we have ossie (who is a right winger) Faddy (Who is a stiker) and VDM (who likes his ducth courage too much) surely we should buy players who play in that poistion.

Sorry but Osman just isnt a winger at all, we play him there and he does a job but he plays behind the striker thats his true position.

we do need a left winger tho, Alessandro would have been perfect.

I agree, I'm also slightly worried where this cash is actually comming from :unsure:

Posted elsewhere, but according to today's Independent..

Everton can afford the initial payments on the Yakubu deal themselves, along with the protracted move for Benfica's Manuel Fernandes, but the rest is believed to have been provided by Robert Earl, the American multi-millionaire and founder of the Planet Hollywood restaurant chain, who joined the board last season.

to be honest thou mark, the signings of this and last summer have really suprised me. and right now im more than happy with the players we have.

i believe we do need the balance of a left footer in the midfield, but im extremely happy with the players we have right now. we can wait a year or two for me, we may even get to see JP next season???

Posted elsewhere, but according to today's Independent..

Everton can afford the initial payments on the Yakubu deal themselves, along with the protracted move for Benfica's Manuel Fernandes, but the rest is believed to have been provided by Robert Earl, the American multi-millionaire and founder of the Planet Hollywood restaurant chain, who joined the board last season.

I wonder if that means loan, gift or "cash for honors" ie a vote on the board??

Hi guys and good day to you all. Wessels is a good signing, particulalry on a free. I agree that we need a left winger, but not long ago, we needed a left back, a centre forward, a couple of midfielders and a left winger, as well as another keeper for the squad. So all in all, I think we are doing well. I don't think there is any need to be even slightly negative, as on the whole, the sqaud is phenomenally better than it was a short while back. And if our mysterious investors keep backing Moysey, there is no tellling where we might be this time next year. Happy griping.

I am not to concerned about have a traditional left winger on the flank to be honest. There aren't to many of them about, and to have a reasonable one is very expensive. An ordinary left footer (Kilbane for example) to me is almost a waste of a man on the pitch, especially if you have player like Cahill, Osman or Fernandez who's place he may be taking.

What I am looking forward to is seeing how Baines gets on this season - I know he is a quick player and I beleieve his delivery of the ball is excellent. So in a way a lot wil depend on how much he can get forward and over lap to get crosses in from a natrual left sided player.

When you have defensive midfeilders on the pitch - to cover a left back boming forward - it does give you that option.

Lets see how our left side operates this season now we have a few more options.

I wonder if that means loan, gift or "cash for honors" ie a vote on the board??

No idea...it's only speculation anyway I guess, but presumably he already had enough of a shareholding to get a vote?

(showing my ignorance...is Kissock left sided midfield Steve?)

Edited by MikeO

I agree with that, particularly now we (virtually) have the 'Yak'. I think a choice of Neville or Jags sitting behind Manny or Pienaar or Carsley holding the centre of midfield would give a nice outlet for Arteta & co. to feed the front two. It may deny a bit of width, but we have seen that all our attacking Midfielders currently have the ability and are willing to spread the play. Most importantly, I can't remember when we last had a team so willing to actually play the ball on the deck to feet. Hopefully the Unsy hit and hope has become a relic of Everton history, it's just a shame some of our previous forwards did not have the opprtunity to play on the deck. e.g Super Kev, Big Dunc etc etc. all brilliant on the deck, but their aerial prowess leant the team to find their heads. I am enjoying watching the Blues so much, win or lose, because they have returned to the School of Science. Nice one boys, keep it up.

Edited by BlueBri