IGNORED

Versatility Is Fine But.....

Why don't we use the players we have bought for there position. My biggest annoyance is with Lescott he is an amazing defender and not half bad left back. But with valente/boyle fit and baines coming back this weekend please can we play lecott in the position we bought him for. Stubbs is good in the air and reads the game we'll but he does not have the pace and acceleration with the ball that both lescott and yobo have. I think with hibbs and baines at full back and lescott and yobo in the centre baring injuries we should get them playing together. My other point is Jags and piernar why are cars and nev getting in ahead of these two. It would worry me if they were not better than the cars nev paring

Edited by Bobbyj

Why don't we use the players we have bought for there position. My biggest annoyance is with Lescott he is an amazing defender and not half bad left back. But with valente/boyle fit and baines coming back this weekend please can we play lecott in the position we bought him for. Stubbs is good in the air and reads the game we'll but he does not have the pace and acceleration with the ball that both lescott and yobo have. I think with hibbs and baines at full back and lescott and yobo in the centre baring injuries we should get them playing together. My other point is Jags and piernar why are cars and nev getting in ahead of these two. It would worry me if they were not better than the cars nev paring

Pienaar didnt look too clever in his last outing. I'd much rather Carsley. However I agree about Jags, would rather have him in the team than Neville. But with Neville being the captain I cant see that happening too soon.

STILL, we cant go complaining one season about having no depth to the squad and now complain that the players weve bought arent all playing.

Edited by Maghull70

I agree mate but yould you rather have Lescott Stubbs Yobo & hibbo across the back or Valente Lescott Yobbo & Hibbo??

I think our defence has done that well with Lescott at let back and does so poor with valente there it's a no brainer, I fully expect him to move back over the minute Baines is fiit tho.

No I agree that pip is never going to be dropped moyes loves him too much but I have to say Jags when he came on against spurs although looked good was like a bull in a china shop and it seemed he didn't know where he was playing. I think moyes needs to reign him in and get him competing with pip for the right o be the holding mid. I actually still think out of the signings we have made jags could end up being the most important one and I think a future captain.

I think everyone has made good points in this thread and I wouldn't disagree, except for using Lescott at left back temporarily is much more sensible then using Valente. I do think it is far to early to criticise the manager just yet, the current sick bench has probably frustrated Moyesy more than us. I'm sure he is desparate to see how his new acquisitions fair their respective positions, before deciding who plays best for the team where.

Don't get me wrong this is not a critique of DM but just why we aren't playing the plares we have paid money for. With the list of injured players we had on the first day I was amazed that pip and cars played ahead of jags. Jags isn't like piernar where he needs to be intorduced to the prem he was a defensive mid in a poor side that scored 4 goals last season. On the subject of piernar it seems to me he could end up as a osman type player where he is always on the fringes because he is more about technique than strength.

I would llike to see Jags come in and show what he really can do. He had a brill seaon last year but for a massively inferior side, and he think he still has much more to give. However, I think DM has brought him in with the increasingly obvious notion that he is building a team for 2-5 years from now, judging by the age of the players that are coming in. As good as Jags is and could be, I think it would be hard for any manager to displace the experiane ansconsistency of Neville nad Cars. Outside of Arteta, they have probably been our most reliable players. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the side really started to show consistent improvement when Neville arrived. He is deservedly the captain, and if he keeps playing and leaing the way he is, I see no good reason to drop him. Just a thought. I am sure they will all get their chances before long. It's a long season and Europe doesn't help. That's when we will really see how good these players are and how versatile they are.

As long as the performances and results are going the right way - I am quite happy for natural selection to take place - injuries and more sub appearences will ensure this happens.

Moyes is fairly switched on when it comes to players slowly making their way in to the team - Lescott last season - bench for a game or two - got his chance, and showed what he can do and has not been out of the team since.

Competition for places is a lot stronger this season - Once we get going, it will be a case of if you are in the team you'd better perform or you will be out.

No, hurry just yet its a long old season and the cream will rise.

Fully Agree with that :)

Pienaar will get his chance but he seems very small and weak to be a center midfielder, that why maybe he has been converted into a winger?

Hibbo Yobo Lescott Baines << That will be our defense on saturday, Jags wont start unless Yobo isnt fit.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I love these debates and getting everybody's different views on players etc. I'm not sure I would agree with Blue4ever's point about Pienaar. I've seen him play when he was with Ajax and for S.A. and I'm telling you, don't let his gangly appearance fool you, the lad is strong. He has a commanding presence on the ball, and given time, could be on a par with Viera. He has certainly shown the ability a couple of seasons ago. Never looked happy at Borussia. If you have any doubts, this is a good article I found on the web:

http://www.goal.com/en/Giocatore.aspx?IdPe...=Steven+Pienaar

Edited by BlueBri

Hibbo should be replaced with Jags IMO, and like Liam said the minute Baines is fit Lescott will replace Stubbs.

Jags Yobo Lescott Baines

Not a bad defence that

I'd go along with that.

Always liked Hibbo but starting to to become a bit ordinary so fresh blood needed.

Bloody hell we've got a class team if/when yak n manny sign!!! :P

Fully Agree with that :)

Pienaar will get his chance but he seems very small and weak to be a center midfielder, that why maybe he has been converted into a winger?

Hibbo Yobo Lescott Baines << That will be our defense on saturday, Jags wont start unless Yobo isnt fit.

I know that will be our defence, but why does Moyes continually stick with Hibbo when he's useless and does more harm than good? Jags deserves his chance to play because Hibbo has let us down twice already this season with his shit positional sense.

I love these debates and getting everybody's different views on players etc. I'm not sure I would agree with Blue4ever's point about Pienaar. I've seen him play when he was with Ajax and for S.A. and I'm telling you, don't let his gangly appearance fool you, the lad is strong. He has a commanding presence on the ball, and given time, could be on a par with Viera. He has certainly shown the ability a couple of seasons ago. Never looked happy at Borussia. If you have any doubts, this is a good article I found on the web:

http://www.goal.com/en/Giocatore.aspx?IdPe...=Steven+Pienaar

Read through his profile and i am amazed how similar it is to Van der Meydes career before he came here, i hope he does'nt turn out to be another one. :huh:

I agree pretty much everything everyones said on this one except I think the critisism of Hibbo is a bit harsh, his distribution is pretty poor but I think apart from that hes a sound defender that we really missed last year.

I know Stubbsy is coming to the end but I just think our back for looks better as a unit when he is in it so I wouldnt be too bothered if he starts but my prefered back 4 would be

Hibbo Joey Lescott Baines

Like Jags but dont really see a place in the starting 11 for him at the moment , think he will be used more like Alan Harper/ Kevin Richardson used to be

I have to completely agree with this assessment of hibbo not the best going forward but he is solid at the back and has got some pace aswell. I rember a game against Man U a few years back and him and ronaldo had an almighty battle.

In terms of Jags I agree the problem with him having so many positions is he doesn't get a regular game in one. I actually think he should be challenging cars and nev for centre mid. I think if he got a chance he could displace both.

When we get cahill back I will stuggle to see a place in the team for more than 1 of Jags/Nev/Cars and I think with his energy jags could be the man

Concur with Bobby, it wasn't too long ago various plaudits were talking about an England call up for Hibbo. Not much chance of that now with Richards performance the other night, but the point is that he has the ability defensively and does a good job for us. Just his confidence very now and again goes wandering off. Should help though with Yobo and Lescott looking like they are now planted in CD and the boys we have in front of the back four should keep some of the pressure off as well as Howard in goal, I'm sure any defender would relish playing in our side at the moment.