IGNORED

Was Beattie The Worst No.9 In E.f.c History

No way was Beattie the worst.

Back in the 70s we signed a player from Walsall called Bernie Wright. He played about ten times, scored twice, had about four fights and got sent off twice. Should have been a BOXER cos he sure as fook wasnt a footballer, and he was soon packed off back to Walsall.

Edit..... have just googled him and come up with this piece.................

Bernie Wright, nicknamed Bernie The Bolt, was a professional English football player. He signed for Everton in 1972 from Walsall but only played 10 times for the club before having his contract terminated for 'serious misconduct'.

It is rumoured that this 'misconduct' occurred when he discovered he'd been dropped and he chased the club manager around the training ground.

Now he was much worse than Beattie. :D :D :D

No way was Beattie the worst.

Back in the 70s we signed a player from Walsall called Bernie Wright. He played about ten times, scored twice, had about four fights and got sent off twice. Should have been a BOXER cos he sure as fook wasnt a footballer, and he was soon packed off back to Walsall.

Edit..... have just googled him and come up with this piece.................

Bernie Wright, nicknamed Bernie The Bolt, was a professional English football player. He signed for Everton in 1972 from Walsall but only played 10 times for the club before having his contract terminated for 'serious misconduct'.

It is rumoured that this 'misconduct' occurred when he discovered he'd been dropped and he chased the club manager around the training ground.

Now he was much worse than Beattie. :D :D :D

Lol love the bit abar im chasing the manager round the trainin ground. This fella must av been a sicko.

While he was playing for us it's fair enough to criticise him, but he's moved on and so should we. He's not the first player (or number 9) to fail here and I'm sure he won't be the last.

Your surely not suggesting Yakubu will flop are you? He now has the number 9 shirt and all the expectation that comes with it. Surely he cant be as bad as Beattie.

Your surely not suggesting Yakubu will flop are you? He now has the number 9 shirt and all the expectation that comes with it. Surely he cant be as bad as Beattie.

Did I mention names? I wasn't suggesting anything like that, but I'm pretty sure Yakubu won't be our last ever number 9 in our history.

Edited by Romey 1878

Mate I'm one of the ones that's been saying Yak is worth every penny, I'm hardly going to say he's going to be a flop am i?

no of course not, i was merely speculating. And in case your wondering iam also on board the pro-yak steam train. I just got the wrong impression thats all. No need to go all Ninja on me.

I actually think beattie might have an amazing season after leaving and I cannot understand why people slate him so much. at the begining of last season he was our top scorer being played in a role that did not suit him then moyes brought in AJ and instead of going 442 dropped beattie which screwed his confidence. I don't think beattie was given enough of a chance last season.

There is no way I would agree Beattie was the worst No. 9 for us. I'd go with Angell, even 'Barn Door' Barlow was more prolific. I thought Beattie was unlucky playing for us. He ran his socks off every game for us, particularly once he lost that extra weight. I just don't hink it was a good match. He is a killer finisher, but spent too much time chasing and often played too deep. I thought things might change when AJ came, but I think Moysey had already decided it wasn't to be and he got frozen out. Give the lad some respec though, he still came on and worked hard. A good professional, I hioe he does well for the Blades.

wise up, for us beattie was shite. and had bigger tits than my missus.

the important question now is; gorgeous, will you prove this point?

PLEASE!

WELL!....Not not wanting to cause trouble!But I can infact back up what big gorgeous

is saying :P

Though lets be reasonable.....there's no way I have ever actually felt Beatties!