IGNORED

Lies About Foriegn Players Ages

4pi

Its the only problem i'm having with signing yakubu.

there is alot of rumours around that nigerians lie about there age.

its like martins is suppose to be 21 but babayaro said he was in the same youth team as him, and babyaro is alot older than that.

and i was reading that kanu's age makes him older than nigeria!

don't take me on this but a mate said he was readin that yakubu is believed to 28 not 24

is any1 else aware of this?

would you still sign him if they found out he was 28?

its not that they lie about their age, but over 20 years ago there wasnt a lot of regulations/regestration in a lot of Africa.

when you have a baby here you have to register and get a birth certificate, they didnt have that. so it becomes more of a quess than a lie.

Roger Milla played till he was about 80, signed his first pro deal as a 53 year old youth player.

Edited by StevO

its not that they lie about their age, but over 20 years ago there wasnt a lot of regulations/regestration in a lot of Africa.

when you have a baby here you have to register and get a birth certificate, they didnt have that. so it becomes more of a quess than a lie.

Roger Milla played till he was about 80, signed his first pro deal as a 53 year old youth player.

:lol::lol: very true. I'm sure the club know how old he is, whatever he claims. Mike (29 ;) ).

Ha ha it's true! I heard that when asked how old he was Roger Milla said he didn't know..seriously.

Gotta admit I was amazed to hear Yak was only 24, I thought he was nearing 30. Would still sign him if he was 28 as long as we could sell him as a 28 yr old in 6 years!

Wasn't there rumours that Amokachi was 28 when he signed for us as a 21 year old?

Yakubu has a look of someone older than 24!Certainly the waist line looks more like

something you'd find on an older man!

He makes Beattie look like slimmer of the year!....A lot of fans(myself not included)

accused Beattie of being overweight and such......What kind of stick will Yakubu get

if he gets off to a bad start?

Hopefully the fact that AJ and perhaps in a few months Vaughan can do the majority

of the running and work for him,that could leave him with"that"simple task of getting

the ball in the net!!.....Guess there wont be too many complaints from the weight watches

union!

Guess if we ever have to play him as a single front man,those speedy little men Cahill

and Osman breaking from a four man midfield might work,leaving Atreta and Fernandes

to pull the creative strings.

AND on the original subject of his age!....If he is older than 24,and he scores goals so what!

As part of the medical they will cut off his leg and count the rings

I guess 37 rings

I dont thing weve had nuch success with our african strikers have we????

AMO AMO AMO and BAKOJOKO didnt set the world alight, although AMO will always be a hero for the FA CUP semi (and final)

Nigeria, Ghana & another cant recall have prteviously been Banned from youth tournament's by FIFA due to just such. Playing Kids down age gorups & doctoring the age's.

Got away with it for some time due to third world nation stauys as mentioned above, lack of record keeping etc.

FIFA got suss when the Ghanain u/14 side's players were all 6ft man mountains with full beards.