IGNORED

No Surprise With Fernandes

dixie_efc

After reading the news that Fernandes is signing for Valencia, itcomes as a releif that we didn't get to go through with the deal. However good a player he is, if he wasn't able to wait to complete his move and just wanted to sign for the biggest bidder then good riddence. I would rather a player who actually wants to sign for the club than someone who sees the move as a stepping stone and obviously wasn't all that interested in joining in the first place.

Hopefully the Yakubu move is not example of Everton being stitched up again. Let's hope that the board do actually know what they and Mr. Moyes are doing by signing these type of players.

Nice one dixie_efc.....At last someone who's not going to throw themselves in the

Mersey over Fernandes.Good player, but he's gone.As you say it his choice, can't

have really wanted Everton.Jagielka does,and Cahill fancies another 5 years of us.

Lets see what they can do for us.

Cahill AT HIS BEST is more of a threat than Fernandes was,and Jagielka will need

a couple of games to settle.

Check some posts from way back!....some were calling Fernandes lazy?

Nice one dixie_efc.....At last someone who's not going to throw themselves in the

Mersey over Fernandes.Good player, but he's gone.As you say it his choice, can't

have really wanted Everton.Jagielka does,and Cahill fancies another 5 years of us.

Lets see what they can do for us.

Cahill AT HIS BEST is more of a threat than Fernandes was,and Jagielka will need

a couple of games to settle.

Check some posts from way back!....some were calling Fernandes lazy?

Dont kid yourself, if he was here that wouldnt have been said, he's twice the player Cahill his and thats why he's at Valencia, thats just a biased post because he's chosen a better team, and I dont blame him.

Dont kid yourself, if he was here that wouldnt have been said, he's twice the player Cahill his and thats why he's at Valencia, thats just a biased post because he's chosen a better team, and I dont blame him.

True it i sad that he chose to play for a better club but isn't it better to have a player who will give 110% for the club and want to be there, Cahill, Osman, Yobe etc rather than just fill his bank account stay for a season or two then leave to a bigger club. I did like Fernandes but the whole ownership issue put me off.

I dont blame Fernandes in the slightest.

Valencia - title challengers, Champions League football, quality footballers around him.

Everton - Mikel Arteta, UEFA Cup

There isn't really a choice to make is there?

True, but when you "verbally" agree or so they said he did, its a bit of let down when he buggers off and signs for someone else. I think what he didnt come for was that he realised that if or appeal to the F.A to sign him had been rejected, it may have been too late for a move and he would have been stuck at Benfica. So he chose the quick way out. Iam just glad he moved abroad and not to another English side. That would have been unbearable.

After reading the news that Fernandes is signing for Valencia, itcomes as a releif that we didn't get to go through with the deal. However good a player he is, if he wasn't able to wait to complete his move and just wanted to sign for the biggest bidder then good riddence. I would rather a player who actually wants to sign for the club than someone who sees the move as a stepping stone and obviously wasn't all that interested in joining in the first place.

Hopefully the Yakubu move is not example of Everton being stitched up again. Let's hope that the board do actually know what they and Mr. Moyes are doing by signing these type of players.

To be fair to Fernandes he was here on loan for half a season and told the board he would like to make it a permanent move and got no response from Everton.

The season finishes he says he would like to sign for Everton and the boards response was deadly silence. He waits all summer and still fuck all from the Everton board. Then mid August arrives the season has already started Everton finaly show an intrest so Manny pulls out of the Benfica squad for a Champions League game(something we cant offer by the way!) and flies in to join us and waits and waits and waits . Then all of a sudden Valencia come in with a bid and say we would love you to play for us Manny! No wonder he fucked off

Oh and a quote from Manny on SSN after he signed for Valencia

What happened with Everton are things that I know nothing about and what is most important now is that I am here," Fernandes said.

i would have been happy to have him, but if hes gonna play us by all but telling us that we are the club he wants to sign for and then going off and signing for a different club within 24 hours i don't think he deserves to be signed. i don't blame him for signing for valencia but there was no reason for him to snub us the way he did.

True it i sad that he chose to play for a better club but isn't it better to have a player who will give 110% for the club and want to be there, Cahill, Osman, Yobe etc rather than just fill his bank account stay for a season or two then leave to a bigger club. I did like Fernandes but the whole ownership issue put me off.

ok, but you did say Cahills twice the player when he aint, if anything Fernandes is twice the player Cahill is. I do like Cahill but he only gets us goals, he's not the most technical player and thats what we need now Fernandes has gone.

i agree. by whats being said course they want him to go valencia. they are still retaing some of the rights to him. so if he moves on, signs a new contract they get money.

ppl need to realise it was all agreed verbally to the deal being completed so oviously manny was happy. they can literally say where he goes. its stupid but it happens

its a wion win for him plays CL footy and his owners still retain some of his rights. they dont care where he goes aslong as the deal is right for him.

and of course he's better than what we've got. and i personally think a year or so time at us playing week in week out he'd of been jus as or more vital then arteta!

(plus lets be serious on that picture that some1 has showen, you think signing a 6 year deal with valencia he'd of put on a smile!!!!!!!!!!)

New on here - basically trying to find some people who are just as fucked off as I am with us coming out saying we have signed players and then it all falls through. What is Moyes? He basically scouts players for every other team in Europe, releases how it costs us, then takes forever signing them giving everyone a chance to come in over the top! Fernandes, Smith, Riquelme (soon to be Newcastle), Sissoko........... and dare I say Yakubu.

I'm sick of it, if the board wont act fast enough to sign the players Moyes wants then why let us bid at all. Is it any coincidnce that we are promised more funds for players and bid £20 mil for two players when they have the stadium ballot on the go.

It all smacks of bullshit to me

Oh and as for Osman and players that give 110%... used to go to school with him and he drinks in my local and somehow he gets there , it seems before final whistle has gone sometimes, great start to the season but come on - will we win a UEFA cup with players like this!

Sure Fernandes has gone and its not worth worrying about him now and blah blah blah...........but how many times do we need to see these things happen? Kings Dock, Rooney, Sissoko, Riquelme, Fernandes......I am sick to my stomach at having hopes raised and then feeling shattered when things fall through. I can see the next disappointment just around the corner.......Arteta leaving in the summer.....and who would blame him!! I hope you're listening Kenwright, Wyness & Moyes.........do something!!

Very shocked by it all to be honest - I throught this was a move Manny wanted.

I bet the Everton board feel the rug has been pulled from under their feet - Fees, personnal terms agreed, medical passed.

I can't blame Everton FC for this deal falling through. I supose as a English club and the problems of this 3rd party ownership its a huge disadvantage. Valencia didn#t have to sort this thing out, and in the end it has cost us his signiture, but just as important it has cost the club time and effort.

Did Mannies agents 'slow' things down - they must have know Valencia where sniffing around - It has happened to quick for this not to be the case. Have his 3rd party owner been slow with information to the FA, I am sure they are happy to still part own him and him play champions league football.

Everton where going for the right to buy him out 100% - Obviosely, the 3rd party owners are not that keen on selling - or they would have taken the money rather than still retaining 50% ownership - like they can still do with a Spanish team.

All is not what it seems bring these 3rd party owned players to this country - Look at the time the loan took, the Teves case, and now this Manny fiasco.

O' well shit happens. - Better it all unraveling now than have a Teves on our hands.