IGNORED

Stop Mourning!

Inca85

I'm so sick of all the mourning over Fernandes, blaming the board for being a smokescreen for the move to Kirkby!

And when people start new posts about "what midfielder are we going to sign now?" and the like,

it always boils down to the same: "couldn't care less. he's not as good as manny anyway."

STOP IT! PLEASE!

I agree. Manny would've been an excellent aquisition to the club. Probably a world-class player in the near future. And I don't like the fact that he signed for Valencia. Understand him, but don't like his decision. Playing in Champions League is better than in the UEFA-Cup, so I have no problem understanding why he did what he did.

And was it the board's fault? Do you really think that the board would not do everything possible to sign him in?? Of course they would! But we all have to face the fact (and we all should know) that Everton is a lesser club than Valencia! He made his decision. Don't let your anger out on the board, David Moyes or anyone else involved in the conflict. The official Everton-site even said they had sorted the deal out with the FA. Apparantly, even the FA can't be blamed.

Don't you think Moyes and Kenwright want to add to our squad as much as we do?

And I think they're doing a great job! Get over Fernandes! We have Baines, a future England-star,

Jagielka who can cover for Carsley in the future and Pienaar who probably will add another dimension to the Everton-midfield. I think Pienaar will be great when going into Europe.

About that...

I know we need another midfielder before the deadline. Up front we will probably get Yakubu on Wednesday. But we desperately need another midfielder. Creative? Yes, if we can get one.

But we don't have much time to finish a deal now. I bet Moyes and the staff are doing all they can to secure signings! They know as well as us that we need a bigger squad to fight in Europe.

And about that "couldn't care less. he's not as good as manny anyway"-quote; you have now seen how long it takes to conclude a deal in these days. No club would want to let go of a world-class player now, just a couple of days before the deadline. That would at least cost us a lot of pounds.

What we should do now is focusing on getting a couple of players (including Yak) who can fill up our team. One midfielder and probably one extra striker. And we already have a great team, guys. Stop crying!

But, for the last time, get over Fernandes! He's gone. We're Evertonians for crying out loud..

don't get your expectations up.. no matter what! That's what I've learned, at least!

Again, don't let your anger out on the team we love so much! And when I say team, I also mean the staff. They're as much part of the team as the players.

And to all you Liverpodlians... I'd rather walk alone.... :-)

Sure you're going to get shouted down on that but (before you do) I think it's a good post and a very valid point of view. People are (understandably) letting the disappointment of Fernandes get to them. We're too close, too emotionally involved to see the truth of the situation imo, he's fucked off, everybody blame the board, get it out of your system and then let's get back on with it.

Lets be fair about this IMO this is very much the boards fault because they could have tied this deal up at the end of last season when the player said he wanted to stay but in typical Everton fasion we leave it until the death and it goes tits up again.

"We didnt have the cash at the end of the season" I predicts someone saying.

Correct and that's who's fault?

I think the reason it was left so late to try and get a deal for Fernandes is that he wasn't Moyes' first choice. At the end of the season after he'd played his handful of games I remember Moyes coming out with comments that they expected more from him etc. Then we heard nothing and it seemed there'd be no chance for a move. It's speculation of course but I don't get the impression that they were after him at the end of the season - I think Moyes tried to find other players and then went back to Fernandes when all else failed. Hardly the board's fault. And to be honest if I was Fernandes I don't think I'd feel that much need for loyalty to the club or to Moyes seeing as they delayed trying to sign him for so long.

I think the reason it was left so late to try and get a deal for Fernandes is that he wasn't Moyes' first choice. At the end of the season after he'd played his handful of games I remember Moyes coming out with comments that they expected more from him etc. Then we heard nothing and it seemed there'd be no chance for a move. It's speculation of course but I don't get the impression that they were after him at the end of the season - I think Moyes tried to find other players and then went back to Fernandes when all else failed. Hardly the board's fault. And to be honest if I was Fernandes I don't think I'd feel that much need for loyalty to the club or to Moyes seeing as they delayed trying to sign him for so long.

Then he's fucking stupid himself if there was money and we didnt go in earlier, aslong as we get another class midfielder it wont bother me but I know we wont

Then he's fucking stupid himself if there was money and we didnt go in earlier, aslong as we get another class midfielder it wont bother me but I know we wont

Yeah he's fucking stupid for not rushing into spending money on a player he was allegedly not sure about but hey the fans want him there so he better buy him - well at least try to buy him.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

Yeah he's fucking stupid for not rushing into spending money on a player he was allegedly not sure about but hey the fans want him there so he better buy him - well at least try to buy him.

if Moyes didnt want him, fair enough, but who were our targets and why haven't we seen any progression in filling in our weakest area. The money wasn't available, it should have been, its all too late.

I've heard wispers of Nolan, he isn't a wonderful player, but he's an improvement on the Neville and Carsley. Watching them 2 in midfield on Saturday was painfull, i dont mind Neville at Right back and Carsley in with an attacking minded midfielder, but it was embarrasing seeing them miles off the pace sat alongside the centre backs. We had Hibbert and Stubbs going long to AJ and Mcfadden, if either managed to hold the ball up, none of the midfield were their to support. We have little time, i hope we get some one in of a higher standard, and to think some wanted Cahill sold.