IGNORED

Z-cars At Anfield For Rhys

KillaGTiR

Z-Cars will be played at Anfield tonight in tribute to Rhys Jones.

The 11-year-old who was murdered last week was a mad Evertonian, but his death has shocked the entire city of Liverpool and the Anfield club will play the Everton anthem before tonight's game against Toulouse.

The move was suggested by the Liverpool Echo newspaper and Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry then discussed it with Rhys' parents Stephen and Melanie.

Rhys' uncle Neil Jones said the family were pleased with the show of support and suggested Rhys himself would appreciate the gesture.

He said: "When I told them about the proposed tribute at Anfield, Melanie said playing Johnny Todd at Anfield would be a unique event, a complete one-off, just like Rhys, and a fitting tribute to him as it was his favourite tune.

"She's also pretty sure he'll have a little mischievous grin on his face at the thought of being the cause of it."

If you have information, please contact Merseyside Police on 0151 777 8722. You can also contact by texting the word CRIME followed by your message to 61051, or e-mail your information to murder@merseyside.police.uk.

To all those at Anfield, thank you and good luck in tonight's match. A real good gesture. I would like to think that Everton would do the same in a similar position. Hope the fans have the same feelings as the Liverpool officials. I'm sure thay will. Although I'm from North Wales this is a fantastic thing for the people of Liverpool and the parents of the poor little lad.

Last night and the attitudes shown in this thread here show why football supporters in the city of Liverpool are something special

Threads like this one I saw on a Man United board show why football supporters in Manchester are cunts http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=168662

Self pity? WTF? It wasn't done as a football club, it was done as a family and the city as a whole. I wouldn't expect them to understand though.

Reading some of the posts on that Man U forum is just disgusting.

They go on about Liverpools supposedly self pity but it actually seems that it's their own self love that is blinding them in seeing that it's not about football at all. It is about the city. It's not a stunt to get Liverpool more liked than Man U, it's showing that the city are Liverpool are united in a moment like this.

If they can't see that then I have no time nor any respect for them. It also wouldn't surprise me that they are supporting Man United for all the wrong reasons. However, it's not all of them just a small minority that are trying to undermine the real reason for it.

It just confuses and angers me.

Haven't been able to get on here for a day or two and just catching up.

WELL DONE THE REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big up on respect for the way they conducted themselves as a club, players and supporters. I was extremely moved by the pre match events, as were a great many Liverpool fans in the crowd. I think the whole event has brought a real sense of perspective to everyone, and hopefully will go someway to go back to the days when Blues and Reds had only FRIENDLY banter as opposed to the venomous, cretin fuelled abuse that we would expect from Mancs.

While we are on the subject, I read the post on their forum from the link in this thread, and I have to say I'm shaking with rage. The twat who started the thread should be hunted down and shot!!! What a WANKER!! Thank you to all the Mancs who posted to the contrary, but oh my god, do people like this really exist. How can someone interpret last nights events at Anfield as a cynical publicity stunt by LFC. Surely, if anyone was pulling a stunt, it was Rhys's family and the Police, trying desparately to maintain a high profile of the event to get people to come forward with information, or perhaps even to shame the killer into coming forwards. There was nothing cynical about it and to even suggest it is heresy. I am sure that in reality that most Man Utd supporters are actually very nice people, but this tosser and those that support his views have no place in football, society or indeed the civilised world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to use a murdered boys tragedy to justify a dig at a football team is PATHETIC.

GROW UP AND FUCKING DIE TOSSER. YOU ARE WORTHLESS FUCKING SCUM WHO DOESN'T DESERVE TO DRAW BREATH!!!!

Once again, thanks to the Reds for their unquestionable supprt and dignity last night, I'm sure Rhys would be proud.

Haven't been able to get on here for a day or two and just catching up.

WELL DONE THE REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big up on respect for the way they conducted themselves as a club, players and supporters. I was extremely moved by the pre match events, as were a great many Liverpool fans in the crowd. I think the whole event has brought a real sense of perspective to everyone, and hopefully will go someway to go back to the days when Blues and Reds had only FRIENDLY banter as opposed to the venomous, cretin fuelled abuse that we would expect from Mancs.

While we are on the subject, I read the post on their forum from the link in this thread, and I have to say I'm shaking with rage. The twat who started the thread should be hunted down and shot!!! What a WANKER!! Thank you to all the Mancs who posted to the contrary, but oh my god, do people like this really exist. How can someone interpret last nights events at Anfield as a cynical publicity stunt by LFC. Surely, if anyone was pulling a stunt, it was Rhys's family and the Police, trying desparately to maintain a high profile of the event to get people to come forward with information, or perhaps even to shame the killer into coming forwards. There was nothing cynical about it and to even suggest it is heresy. I am sure that in reality that most Man Utd supporters are actually very nice people, but this tosser and those that support his views have no place in football, society or indeed the civilised world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to use a murdered boys tragedy to justify a dig at a football team is PATHETIC.

GROW UP AND FUCKING DIE TOSSER. YOU ARE WORTHLESS FUCKING SCUM WHO DOESN'T DESERVE TO DRAW BREATH!!!!

Once again, thanks to the Reds for their unquestionable supprt and dignity last night, I'm sure Rhys would be proud.

I know the topic isnt amusing at all but the way you went from the second to last line into the last cracked me up :lol:

Hugely impressed by Liverpool last night. Brilliant article Mark, was lucky enough to be at a couple of the "Merseyside" and "Are you watching Manchester?" games in the eighties, and that was brilliant enough. With the added emotion of the moment it's a truly moving time, but hopefully as Josh said one that never has to be repeated.

In fairness to the ManU supporters though the vast majority of replies to that lobotomised knob who started the thread are disagreeing with him.

Be careful Mike, by saying the prick was labotomised, you are suggesting the primeval cesspool, single celled organism actually had a brain to start with. I agree with your comments though about the majority, they mostly try to steer the thread on to the right track, but I guess the cretinous minority will continue to tarnish everyone elses reputation eh???