IGNORED

Fernandes Knows Nothing About What Ahppened At Everton...........

xsaint

Manuel Fernandes has admitted that he has been surprised by the speed of his transfer from Benfica to Valencia as he was on the verge of a move to Everton.

The 21-year-old Portuguese midfielder agreed to move to the Mestalla, rather than to Goodison Park, after a brief chat with compatriot Miguel.

After spending the second half of last season on loan at Everton, the Preier League side expected him to join permanently only to see Valencia succeed with a last minute 18million euros (£12million) bid.

Excited

"What happened with Everton are things that I know nothing about and what is most important now is that I am here," Fernandes said.

"I did not expect everything to happen to me so quickly, but I am very excited to be here.

"I talked to Miguel and know that I am joining a good club and a place where I can grow."

Fernandes is prepared to battle for a place in Quique Sanchez Flores' side and believes that Ruben Baraja will be his rival and not David Albelda.

Battle

"I am very combative and do not score many goals," he continued. "I do not like to be an individualist and prefer to play for the team.

"I see myself more like Baraja then Albelda because I can work back but I also enjoy attacking.

"It is never easy to earn a starting place, but I have come here to play and have respect for all my new team-mates."

Valencia president, Juan Soler, was delighted to have captured a player that the club were keen to sign after missing out on several targets this summer.

"He is a player that the coaching staff wanted," the club supremo said.

"He is young, has great quality and is already a full international, as well as having the experience of playing in the English league.

"We have been able to beat other clubs to him and obtain his signature."

ref: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_2689573,00.html

Edited by xsaint

I don't believe he orchastrated the move, more likely MSI who have bought themselves an infinitely better deal. Fernandes didn't owe us anything, this deal should have been signed sealed and delivered at the start of the transfer window. Valencia paid more money, have better players and can offer Champions League football, good weather and its only a short trip from his home country. If you didnt support Everton which would you chose

Edited by Bluetrip