IGNORED

Oh Dear...gravesen Is Back...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am pleased to see Gravesen back. Yes we know he may be aging and we know we have much better players at the club, but at the end of the day squad numbers matter. We do have a very taxing season ahead of us with the added UEFA cup competition. Also its a loan deal, there is nothing to lose.

I will applaud the return of mad dog.

Edited by Jay Bernard

I'm pleased he's back

Yes i know he had 6 good months out of 3 years with us, but they were GOOD 6 months, that effectively set us up for Champs league

He's a quality player, and tho he may not be exactly the signing most people would have wanted or indeed expected its not like we've signed an unknown player is it???

I can see why people are surprised, (as he's not getting the celtic team) but why the doom and gloom??

I really can't see why some people on this forum get so depressed when the club dare sign a player that isn't who they wanted. As long as he gives 100% and playe to his ability, then why not go for him?? It's only a loan for christ sake.

If your that embarassed, support someone else

I now wait with baited breath for the torrent of abuse likely to come my way

I'm embarrassed by this signing and so should Moyes.

bit unfair, he has a lot of experience and he is only on loan, if he's shite we can send him back at the end of the season. and he knows the club and some of the players, he will fit back in well. i'm sure moyes is only bringing him in as back up, he is probably still looking for someone else. and he offers a lot more in CM than carsley/neville.

I'm pleased he's back

Yes i know he had 6 good months out of 3 years with us, but they were GOOD 6 months, that effectively set us up for Champs league

He's a quality player, and tho he may not be exactly the signing most people would have wanted or indeed expected its not like we've signed an unknown player is it???

I can see why people are surprised, (as he's not getting the celtic team) but why the doom and gloom??

I really can't see why some people on this forum get so depressed when the club dare sign a player that isn't who they wanted. As long as he gives 100% and playe to his ability, then why not go for him?? It's only a loan for christ sake.

You wouldnt be expecting any abuse if you had just left out that line!!

I'm pleased he's back

Right so being embarrassed about signing a mediocre player means I should go and support someone else? I can understand that. I mean we're not heading into Europe or anything so it doesn't matter that he wouldn't be able to keep up with the play. Whoops we are aren't we, silly me. He failed in Scotland and they are fucking ecstatic to get rid of him, it says it all really doesn't it? MASSIVE step backwards when we should be looking forwards. He shouldn't get in ahead of any of our midfielders, even Carsley.

Edited by Romey 1878

stubbs was a flop at sunderland. they were happy to get rid of him. but from the first game he played for everton since he came back he has looked a completely different player to the alan stubbs at sunderland. i would still play yobo and lescott ahead of him because he's getting old but he is still playing well apart from lacking pace. hopefully the same will be true for gravesen, he may simply want to play for everton more than he wanted to play for celtic.

3 years ago everyone went mad at BK for letting him go, he was one of the main reasons we came 4th in the league and clearly loved playing for us.

yes he had a fair while when he wasn't playing well but he came good in the end and hopefully he can give us the passion and quality that he gave us in that last 6 months for us.

yes he's 31 now and won't be able to play every game but his experience in both the Premiership and europe as well as his passion for Everton could prove invaluable especially if we get some injuries.

3 years ago everyone went mad at BK for letting him go, he was one of the main reasons we came 4th in the league and clearly loved playing for us.

yes he had a fair while when he wasn't playing well but he came good in the end and hopefully he can give us the passion and quality that he gave us in that last 6 months for us.

yes he's 31 now and won't be able to play every game but his experience in both the Premiership and europe as well as his passion for Everton could prove invaluable especially if we get some injuries.

That's all true, but he's older and slower than he was and he didn't have pace in abundance anyway. Grav will probably be ahead of Jagielka as well as the rest :rolleyes: I dread the moment when I see him do his headless chicken act at Goodison again. I'm just totally disappointed by this, what happened to building a young squad who can compete? What happened to buying a creative player? instead we by another bruiser who'll get more yellow cards than successfull passes made.