IGNORED

Oh Dear...gravesen Is Back...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is a surprise. Nice to see Gravesen back. He is exactly the type of player that we have been looking for providing he hits the form he was showing when he left. IMO Moyes is just building options into the squad for Europe, a lesson learnt hard last time out when very few were brought in. I know he is not the future and I'm sure that is not the intention. Unless he is blinding this season, I doubt very much if he will sign after the loan has finished. I would like to think that Moyes is still looking at a long term solution, but this may give him some breathing space so as not to be pressured into a panic buy, and we may have to wait until January before we see more new faces. I guess we will we know by tomorrow. Would still like Appiah, if that was ever serious speculation, but it may not be possible to put a deal together in time. He would definitely be worth the wait if need be.

Nice to see you back Tommy! Do us proud!!!!!

No I wouldn't, and I dislike Carsley so that says a lot. Hopefully Jags will take Carsley's place anyway, that's what any sane manager will do. But then again Moyes did just bring back Gravesen so you never know.

I've been reading this forum for months and recently I've become embarrassed by some of the posts on here. I mean, Romey - your posts on Gravesen are ridiculous. He was brilliant for us before he left, ok he may not have brilliant the whole time he was here but as Walter Smith didn't have a clue, and constantly played him out of position then that was no surprise. Once Moyes found what Gravesen was good at, he was one of the best players in the league. He is consistently superb for Denmark, and did a lot more for us then Wayne Rooney (who's only contribution was a good goal against Arsenal and getting us lots of money). Steve Bruce said Gravesen was our most important player (ahead of the likes of Rooney) and Real Madrid bought him, I mean - which other player in recent memory would Real Madrid even have LOOKED at, never mind bought? The Daily Mail had him down as the best player in the league (ahead of Henry, Gerrard etc) the season he left. When was the last time yuo saw an Everton player split a defence? Then think back to Jeffers running onto Gravesens through balls. I mean, Johnson hasn't been fed a decent pass all season. We all saw the Blackburn match, yes Neville and Carsley work hard, but they have no idea how to pass, how to create space - Gravesen may be a headless chicken on occasion, but sometimes it works. It also is infectious and brings energy to the team and he can dominate a match. His passing range is exceptional, he has vision, genuine skill and we'll have someone in midfield who will be able to get the ball to Arteta. No one knows if Gravesen is past it, he is NOT a defensive midfielder (which is what RM bought him for) and who knows what happened in Scotland. He may turn out to be a flop, but he's only on loan so what difference does it make? Fernandez screwed us over and left Moyes with no time, give him some credit for at least trying to bolster the team. To suggest that Neville and Carsley should play ahead of someone as talented as Gravesen is quite frankly insulting. Why don't Everton fans quit moaning about EVERYTHING and actually get behind Moyes (the best thing about the club in decades) and support his judgement. Gravesen has ability and if he has the ability that he had before he left then he'd be the second name on my teamsheet just behind Arteta (oh and maybe Yobo/Lescott and Howard!!!).

Nice one Tommy, good to have you back and I for one have a huge smile on my face as you're a one of a kind. C'MANNNNNNNN!

I hear what your saying but that was 5 years ago. I my be wrong and he's still the man he was but I am keeping an open mind, happy?

Regarding Moyes always supported him. Can you imagine him leaving? Jesus Christ! I see him being here like Fergie tbh - for the long haul. The mistakes he's made will be ironed out with experience.

I've been reading this forum for months and recently I've become embarrassed by some of the posts on here. I mean, Romey - your posts on Gravesen are ridiculous. He was brilliant for us before he left, ok he may not have brilliant the whole time he was here but as Walter Smith didn't have a clue, and constantly played him out of position then that was no surprise. Once Moyes found what Gravesen was good at, he was one of the best players in the league. He is consistently superb for Denmark, and did a lot more for us then Wayne Rooney (who's only contribution was a good goal against Arsenal and getting us lots of money). Steve Bruce said Gravesen was our most important player (ahead of the likes of Rooney) and Real Madrid bought him, I mean - which other player in recent memory would Real Madrid even have LOOKED at, never mind bought? The Daily Mail had him down as the best player in the league (ahead of Henry, Gerrard etc) the season he left. When was the last time yuo saw an Everton player split a defence? Then think back to Jeffers running onto Gravesens through balls. I mean, Johnson hasn't been fed a decent pass all season. We all saw the Blackburn match, yes Neville and Carsley work hard, but they have no idea how to pass, how to create space - Gravesen may be a headless chicken on occasion, but sometimes it works. It also is infectious and brings energy to the team and he can dominate a match. His passing range is exceptional, he has vision, genuine skill and we'll have someone in midfield who will be able to get the ball to Arteta. No one knows if Gravesen is past it, he is NOT a defensive midfielder (which is what RM bought him for) and who knows what happened in Scotland. He may turn out to be a flop, but he's only on loan so what difference does it make? Fernandez screwed us over and left Moyes with no time, give him some credit for at least trying to bolster the team. To suggest that Neville and Carsley should play ahead of someone as talented as Gravesen is quite frankly insulting. Why don't Everton fans quit moaning about EVERYTHING and actually get behind Moyes (the best thing about the club in decades) and support his judgement. Gravesen has ability and if he has the ability that he had before he left then he'd be the second name on my teamsheet just behind Arteta (oh and maybe Yobo/Lescott and Howard!!!).

Nice one Tommy, good to have you back and I for one have a huge smile on my face as you're a one of a kind. C'MANNNNNNNN!

What a first post. Agree with everything in that post, welcome to the forum ;)

You mention things he hasn't done for 2 and half years mate. He's returned to us over weight, slower, older and just plain not as good. If you're happy with going backwards then that's your choice, but me I have ambition.

it's not going backwards, it's called making the best of a bad situation. We have limited time, he is only on loan and even an overweight, slower Tommy G has more ability than Carsley (who I have a lot of time for - defensively) and Neville put together. Let's face it, none of us have seen much of him and so none of us know what he is still capable of. 31 is NOT too old, it's probably younger than Carsley! Let's just wait and see if he's still got it and hold off on the barracking for now. It's a no brainer, absolutely no risk and hardly any money outlay. European experience, knows the team and the management and what is expected. I think we'd all love to see Appiah (probably more than Fernandez - who looked a little lazy on occasion) and let's keep fingers crossed, but I don't think we should write off Tommy yet. He was too good for the Scottish league, he probably couldn't get motivated - plus I never thought Strachan was a decent manager anyway. Remember, West Ham dropped Mascherano who is 10 million times better than anything they have in their midfield.

What a first post. Agree with everything in that post, welcome to the forum ;)

thanks! :) I've been considering posting for days as all the doom and gloom over transfer has been getting on my raving titties! Gravesen is a cult hero, some people hate him but I thought he was superb!

shows you how highly Moyes thinks of Gravesen to give him the number 10.

Edited by carlmc25

thanks! :) I've been considering posting for days as all the doom and gloom over transfer has been getting on my raving titties! Gravesen is a cult hero, some people hate him but I thought he was superb!

When I knew he was off to madrid I was really gutted, he was class. Maybe he wont be as good as he was that 6 months before he went to madrid, but he will boost the numbers anyway.

Look at it this way...last time round it was amusing when refs couldn't tell the difference between Mad Dog & Cars.

Now we've got the 3 of them with AJ so it should be a right hoot. The 2 signings tomorrow are then Phil & Grant!

the refs might give us some penalty decisions by mistakin

tommo or carlsley for AJ :D

Edited by RoGuEAuDiO

I look forward to listenning to your excuses when he does fuck all. Hopefully he won't be a starter anyway and we can actually give the man who deserves a chance a go (Jagielka).

I think he's exactly the kind of player we need. Moyes has brought him back to do the business. We know what he was capable and for years he was one of my favourite players. He's good squad material, will work better than AVM and as its only a loan deal I welcome seeing him in the blue. Having said that he's not the signing I was hoping for. Here's hoping we get at least Vogel (though he may not be interested as we kind of dropped his transfer when we realised we had to pay compensation) and maybe another top class player. If not I can see us waiting until January when we know what we need. I hear Mark Pembridge is available on a free :P

im kinda glad tommy is back but bit embarresed aswell as expected a big name midfielder bit of drop down from manny hopefully moyes will do the business 2moz and sort someone out fink we could do with a left winger or creative centrel player we need sum skillfull players not just graftters

Dunno where i stand with tommy, i'll let him on the pitch before i judge him, At least the £12M?? that we would have spent on fernandes is going to be saved for January or next summer when a new target may appear, if we were to bid for the likes of Appiah at this stage the price would become inflated, (Should have spent at the start of the summer like everyone else? Yeah Probably but stupid money was being thrown around then as well)

Until Vaughan Returns i say this our best team

Howard

Pip Joey Lescott Bains

Jags

Arteta Tommy Osman/Piennar? (bollocks forgotten how to spell)

AJ YAK

Subs:

Wessels

Stubbs

Carsley

Mcfadden

Victor

Oh and a point i should have made when the Fernandes deal fell through but it doesnt matter now, If we're struggling to find a midfielder why is Vidarsson given a chance?

wohoo!!!! thrilled to have tommy back......

funny how excited everyone was to sign fernandes for 12 million and given his about-turn, which must say a lot about his attitude, that would have been a flop without any doubt...

f*ck off fernandes, but thank you for getting us to bring tommy back!!!

ps. don't think there'll be any more signings for now

All I am saying about this is that its a loan so no money to pay out apart from the wages.

We all agreed that we need to add squad numbers.

Yes in an ideal world we would add players that will improve on the others and I don't think that Grav is an improvement on any of our players if Carsley or Osman was injured then would not mind him playing there.

No outlay in signing fee so gives us money to bring in somone else.

Honesly think that if Manny signed would not be looking at Grav and think its a bit of a rush buy to get the numbers up but as I said no transfer fee.

Heres hoping its not the end of the signings and DM did say that he hoped to have 2 players in and normally means should get 2 so heres to a top singing for the midfield and then the squad will be complete for the season (well at least til Jan)

he wasnt that much of a flop in the spl, in fact, one of the last celtic games i watched, he scroed a hat trick, and scored the winner in the last few minutes, with all the Celtic fans singing 'Ohh Tommy Tommy!'. No money spent for an experienced player. Where is the harm in that? I am happy enought with this bit of business by Moyes to bolster our squad for europe. BTW skysports news are strongly linking us with Appiah and Riquelme today. imagine we got them both! I think i would have to change me boxers!

Gravesen will be able to do a job for us, particularly in 451 (if we ever play it again) away from home with Cahill and Carsley/Jags, when he can get on the ball and stroke it around. In 442 we still dont have a decent balanced midfield - I haven't seen enough of Jags to comment on his ability but Carsley, (excellent defensively/useless creatively) Neville (ditto, except not quite as good defensively and even worse passer) Cahill (excellent goalscorer, not particularly great at anything else) just aren't the answer. Gravesen may be a concern in a CM 442 role, but he is probably the best bet as he can tackle a bit, he can pass, he is creative and he is the fulcrum of a team - ie he can dominate. I'm not saying he is the answer and hopefully we will sign someone like Appiah who can go on and be the answer, the Steven Gerrard type player we need who can dominate a match, run up and down all day and give us everything in the one player. Even the likes of Riquelme I can't see fitting in too well in a 442, again he'd take the Cahill position in 451. We NEED a world class/excellent CM, it's what we've been missing ever since Gravesen left and the reason we can't consistently challenge near the top 4. Once Vaughan is back (who I thought could have been a superstar this season) then we'll be in business, personally I've been a little disappointed by Johnson's lack of pace and think Vaughan may end up replacing him. I still believe Johnson can come good, and he does a great job for the team, but he doesn't look the goal threat or pace machine that I expected. In fact, Yakubu may be quicker.

I look forward to listenning to your excuses when he does fuck all. Hopefully he won't be a starter anyway and we can actually give the man who deserves a chance a go (Jagielka).

not being funny, but nearly every game Neville plays in CM he does f all, plenty of games Cahill plays in 442 he does nothing and the list goes on and on. People notice it more with Gravesen purely because they know what talent he does have so they get frustrated when he isn't producing. But imo, even when not at his best he still gives us something that hardly anyone else in our team does - an ability to create a goal or conjure up magic. We already have a superb defense (although once again we haven't kept a single clean sheet this season, partly because we give the ball away too much but mainly because Stubbs is playing - I like Stubbs but he has no pace meaning we have to sit deep, Lescott and Yobo should play EVERY match they're fit at CB and we'd have probably the best partnership in the league) and we need more creativity - FACT. :)

not being funny, but nearly every game Neville plays in CM he does f all, plenty of games Cahill plays in 442 he does nothing and the list goes on and on. People notice it more with Gravesen purely because they know what talent he does have so they get frustrated when he isn't producing. But imo, even when not at his best he still gives us something that hardly anyone else in our team does - an ability to create a goal or conjure up magic. We already have a superb defense (although once again we haven't kept a single clean sheet this season, partly because we give the ball away too much but mainly because Stubbs is playing - I like Stubbs but he has no pace meaning we have to sit deep, Lescott and Yobo should play EVERY match they're fit at CB and we'd have probably the best partnership in the league) and we need more creativity - FACT. :)

man this guy can post!!! guess it helps that I agree with everything you say.....

"I have always said I would never want to come back to any other club in England other than Everton - I am an Everton player. In my five years here we improved all the way and we ended on a high and that is what I want to achieve again."

straight into the team for tomorrow please, let's see what's changed over the years...

Where is Marcus now?? is it still charlton??

Yes he's still at charlton not doing so well thou, he scored in a 1-1 draw with scunthorpe.

Never mind Graveson, any1 heard the rumour Big Dinc Is coming out of retirement to play for us agen!

LoL Only kidding! (not that any1 would ever belive that)