IGNORED

Moyes puts 10m on table

Everton have made a £10m bid to land top Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt, manager David Moyes revealed today.

And they have also made an approach to tempt ex-Liverpool striker Michael Owen to Goodison Park.

Owen has rejected the approach, while the bid for Kuyt - like Owen a potential target for their Merseyside rivals - has been turned down by Feyenoord who insist they want 18m Euros - around £12m.

But Blues boss David Moyes is adamant Everton have the funds to bid for top players.

"We have been in contact with Michael Owen and his advisors but unfortunately Michael does not see Everton as his choice at the present time," he said before flying out to Villarreal today.

"But I am reassuring the Everton supporters that we are in for most of the names.

"We offered £10m for Kuyt on August 1, which was rejected by Feyenoord.

"It's just to make people realise that we are in for players who we consider to be top class.

"We do have money to fund deals if they are the right ones and the right ones are available.

"Certain top names that we are talking about are the right ones, but as far as I know it is 18m Euros for Kuyt and I just felt that was too much.

"We have got people in mind and I hope to bring people in before the transfer window closes. With Sandro Pistone injured - he had a scan and we are not quite happy with the one that we have had so far - it may force me into bringing in a left-back."