IGNORED

Metalist Fans Come And Talk Here

Sandman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings!

How many of the true Metal-fans are going to visit the game? If you feel like going there please reply to this post. I am not sure about myself, because of the British embassy delaying my application. They said it might take up to 5 weeks to issue a visa for me. :( Let's hope it will be ready on time.

P.S: I apologize for my poor English

Multi linqual Toffeetalk members, i'm well impressed.

Hello to the Metal Kharkiv supporters and welcome to the Site, but i'm sorry my knowledge of the Uraine language is zero. :)

Hi Licker,

There have been no messages in Ukrainian on this site so far. In Kharkov almost everyone speaks Russian, so all the "foreign" postings on this site are in Russian. Therefore you should work on your Russian language skills if you want to visit the away game of your team :) I regret to tell you that nobody speaks English in Ukraine, well..., almost nobody, but your chances to encounter someone who does are close to zero indeed. So it will be really tough.

Cheers

Unless of course you turn up in a Manchester Utd shirt ;)

Talking about Manchester United. I saw a second half of that 2-4 debacle over the net. I don't mean to rub it in to your face, but holly crap.....what a devastating loss! You know our teams have a lot in common, we seem to have a similar problem with Dinamo Kiev. They and Shahter have our number. They practically owe us, the rest of the league is a cake walk.

Well, I do not want to bore you with any more nonsense.

Have a good night,

Best Regards,

Vitaly K.

Hi Licker,

There have been no messages in Ukrainian on this site so far. In Kharkov almost everyone speaks Russian, so all the "foreign" postings on this site are in Russian. Therefore you should work on your Russian language skills if you want to visit the away game of your team :) I regret to tell you that nobody speaks English in Ukraine, well..., almost nobody, but your chances to encounter someone who does are close to zero indeed. So it will be really tough.

Cheers

I second that, but your English is pretty good. Where did you learn to speak?

Difficult to say because the club haven't been notified of their allocation yet, but they're planning to run it as a day trip so with no overnights if the price is reasonable you'll get plenty :D .

Mike, I am planning to fly over to London and take a train to Liverpool. That will save me more than $1500 if I take a direct fly from New York to Liverpool. I'd rather spend them in the bar with your crazy fanatics.

Do you think it is a good idea to go by train from London or perhaps to rent a car?

Vitaly K.

Mike, I am planning to fly over to London and take a train to Liverpool. That will save me more than $1500 if I take a direct fly from New York to Liverpool. I'd rather spend them in the bar with your crazy fanatics.

Do you think it is a good idea to go by train from London or perhaps to rent a car?

Vitaly K.

Should think there wouldn't be much to choose on price, depends on personal preference. I'd go for a car personally but if you want to go in search of the local Vodka then go for the train and cabs. If you're looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel Travel Lodge (LINK) have a couple in Liverpool but there's also Travel Inn and Holiday Inn down by the docks, and a Campanile. All pretty much on a level.

I would recommend the train from London. The reason being that the trains are regular and fast, especially after a long flight you could relax, and then you wouldn't have to worry aout the nightmaare of driving in Liverpool. Not a good place to drive if you are not from there. It' not far from the train station to most of the hotels either, and as an added bonus, drink driving would not be a worry either. Hope you have a good trip when you are over.

I agree the train is probably the best route... 3-4 hours from London. Driving in Liverpool is a horrible experience, even if you are from the area :) Try and get a virgin train because they are quicker (up to 170mph apparently! - take 2 and a half hours, makes me wonder why I've never visited) and safer

I agree the train is probably the best route... 3-4 hours from London. Driving in Liverpool is a horrible experience, even if you are from the area :)Try and get a virgin train because they are quicker (up to 170mph apparently! - take 2 and a half hours, makes me wonder why I've never visited) and safer

Ye at lest you dont get blown up by terroists on the Tube. :D Only Messing. Yes do get the Virgin Train.

Edited by Josh Berno

• 4 weeks later...
Привет!, Как поживаешь MetallistFan? Простите, Я плохо говорю по-русски.

we are waiting too, slightly nervously

nervously? No you are not right understand me

I am just a fun of Metallist not hools, and i am friend of fans who was in Liverpool at first match. They like your city and especially pubs :rolleyes: . Is there people who was meeting my friends?

Is there people who was meeting my friends?

They were just leaving the ground as I walked past the away supporters entrance after the game...funnily enough I wasn't in the mood for a chat :( .

Edit...and Craccer means he nervous about the result, not the "hools."

Edited by MikeO

Pienaar and The Art switched wings a lot v Boro and that seemed to confuse them.

How about doing the simple thing and move Neville from midfield and put him right back. 2 birds 1 stone.

nervously? No you are not right understand me

I am just a fun of Metallist not hools, and i am friend of fans who was in Liverpool at first match. They like your city and especially pubs :rolleyes: . Is there people who was meeting my friends?

MikeO is right, I am nervous about the result, I'm not overly confident following our recent performances. Nothing against Ukraine at all, I would have loved to have gone.

Hello!

Maybe some of you will be interested in photos here of Everton fans from pubs in Kharkiv - If you see yourself there, say hi ;)

This game was a big event for my city. Thanks for everyone who came here :) Hope you all are feeling well because beer here is freaking cheap :D

And want to congratulate you with victory! The game was awesome!

• 4 weeks later...