IGNORED

Lescott 4 England

BLUENOSEsam

been trawling through 606 and a lot of clueless geordies are saying that picking Lescott is "suicidal" and general Bollocks from other Fans as well, only Wolves fans are Sticking up for him,

Goes to show, if we had a better media image (i.e if we were a london club) he'd be england's number 5 easily.

Richards and Lescott are the two form Defenders in the EPL they should probably be the England centre back pairing in the few years.

Three players and all well deserved. I'd put money on AJ to kick start his form if he's given the chance against Israel. Will be interesting if he plays with Owen. IMO they would work well together. To the main point of the thread though, well done Lescott. Outside of Terry, I can't think of a more dependable English Defender anywhere, including Carragher. Ferdinand has always been a bit dodgy for me, and if Joleon gets a shout, apart from the usual FA politics, he won't be shifted. It will be curious if the best players will be picked for the England squad based on form, or whether it will continue to be the usual Blue Eyed Boys as we have become accustomed.

^^ mate you say that, but to me terry is a foul mouthed yob who batters asian students, gets in to fights often on nights out, and quite frankly is a disgrace when he is having a go at the ref when it comes to every decision, ok i'm being a bit hypocritical because at times my language isnt angelic either, but i'm beginning to see more and more reasons why (As much as i hate him) Gerrard should be England Captain,

Three players and all well deserved. I'd put money on AJ to kick start his form if he's given the chance against Israel. Will be interesting if he plays with Owen. IMO they would work well together. To the main point of the thread though, well done Lescott. Outside of Terry, I can't think of a more dependable English Defender anywhere, including Carragher. Ferdinand has always been a bit dodgy for me, and if Joleon gets a shout, apart from the usual FA politics, he won't be shifted. It will be curious if the best players will be picked for the England squad based on form, or whether it will continue to be the usual Blue Eyed Boys as we have become accustomed.

Heskey is going to start with Owen, Brian.

I seriously believe that if Lescott can keep injury at bay and keep developing at

the present rate, then come his next contract talks with Everton, we better be ready

with some serious money!....Because there will be many people ready to try and take

him.

Still fairly new to the prem,watching him play you'd think he'd been at that level for

years.Can see opposition playing wingers just to try and get around him and yobo.

Playing for England will only make more people aware of his talent,which is a shame

for us at Everton,but it could help him get even better,and if we can hang on to him

then without doubt he will be an Everton captain within a couple of years.

Have you noticed how good he is with the ball at his feet,for such a big man!The goals

he's getting make him the complete player/defender.

The first name on future Everton team sheets!.....What more can you say!

Heskey is going to start with Owen, Brian.

Is that definite? If so that is a bloody travesty. Heskey should only be there to make up the numbers. AJ would have him puffing in 2 mins. Heskey has become an overweight, over-rated donkey. Was surprised to see him even included in the squad, but I guess McLaren must be desparate. Won't be long before he is no longer England Manager. I don't think I have felt so uninspired about England since Hoddle!!!!

Edited by BlueBri

Is that definite? If so that is a bloody travesty. Heskey should only be there to make up the numbers. AJ would have him puffing in 2 mins. Heskey has become an overweight, over-rated donkey. Was surprised to see him even included in the squad, but I guess McLaren must be desparate. Won't be long before he is no longer England Manager. I don't think I have felt so uninspired about England since Hoddle!!!!

I Agree