IGNORED

Jags: Do You Think?

robin.jones

Moyes has seen something in jags and his trying to make him into a roy keane type player. He is a solid defender in terms of tackling and he is a more than adequate passer. With him scoring 4 goals last season I have a hunch that moyes might be trying to make him into an allround midfielder a bit like the player he thinks neville is (But isn't). I think he has the potential to be very good in this role.

Even tho Jags looked good in midfield he should be rightback when Tim + Grav is there and Neville should be DROPPED!!

NO. neville should be in the team. and gravesen hasn't deserved a starting place yet ... i think jagielka is the best central midfielder at the club, even though he's good at the back, and i wouldplay him anyday of the week in that central role

Even tho Jags looked good in midfield he should be rightback when Tim + Grav is there and Neville should be DROPPED!!

i know, nev has been a disgrace, the way him and carsley have performed this season they shoot be put out to pasture!

in case you cant see past my sarcasm, out of cahill and grav, who is gunna do the dirty work? these two both get forward alot. looks like fifa/pes ideas to me.

i know, nev has been a disgrace, the way him and carsley have performed this season they shoot be put out to pasture!

in case you cant see past my sarcasm, out of cahill and grav, who is gunna do the dirty work? these two both get forward alot. looks like fifa/pes ideas to me.

I dont no if you have notised but Cahill likes a tackle or two, and Graveson's getting on he would always either be on a set piece or futher back in the middle of midfield than Timmy, I dont mind one of them playing against a decent team because they suit the " Scrappy " type of game were we need to make blocks on the edge of the area, but when were at home against team we should be beating we dont need them to hack the ball up to poor Johnson, there both the reason why A.J is not scoring because he hasnt had a decent pass of either of them.

Carsley and Neville wouldn't make my pub 11.

:)

Edited by Blue4Ever

I dont no if you have notised but Cahill likes a tackle or two

Yeh sure!......But have you noticed,that Cahill often plays for the foul! ie looking to

get a free kick from any heavy challange.Maybe a free kick is a handy thing to get,

but if not given the opponent is away with the ball while Cahill has his arms up shouting

at the ref!.......OK not every time, but it does happen.

I'd rather see him out of the heavy action, ready to create/hurt the opposition, when

he get's the ball.That's where Carsley at his best was good win and release, nothing fancy.

Every team needs one or two of those.

Cahill's got a good football brain.....you don't need one of them for a 50/50 tackle with

an oncoming nutter....in fact it probably helps not to have one.Of course it would be nice

to find players who could do the lot, win and create.I think Fernandes at his best would

have been like that....and of course Captain fantastic Gerrard.

We wouldn't want to see Arteta getting those big tackles every 5 minutes or so!

Gravesen could be that type of player, probably the closest thing we've got to one.

Jagielka could maybe do it.....but it's a hard role to fill!

B4E - cahill and grav both like a tackle, but neither of them can actually do it! and you cant blame cars and nev for AJ not scoring, the lad has had chances in the box to put away, he just hasnt taken them.

i'll make this my last post in this thread, i find the way some people are always on cars and nevs back rather strange. both were extremely important to us last season, but suddely we need to start playing like barcelona and these two just arent up to the task.

strange!

jags and cahill to start in midfield with arteta on the right and either mcfadden/pienaar on the left, gravesen to come off the bench depending on whos underperforming or whether we need a change of direction and with neville at RB (although tbh i think we should be looking for a first choice RB in january or at the end of the season)

jags and cahill to start in midfield with arteta on the right and either mcfadden/pienaar on the left, gravesen to come off the bench depending on whos underperforming or whether we need a change of direction and with neville at RB (although tbh i think we should be looking for a first choice RB in january or at the end of the season)

1, Mcfadden cannot play on the wing, trys to be ronaldinho and can't, I used to always to be tryed there and when he's played there, he's been awful.

2, We really dont need another rightback we have 3

3, By the time Cahill is back IMO Graveson will have proved he's one of our best midfielders by then and will probably be one of our first players in the 11, I may be wrong but I have faith in Tommy.

Next season if we want to push another level on our centermidfielders need to be of a higher quality all round than Jagielka + Cahill.

Scholes - Carrick

Gerrard - Mascherano

Lampard - Essien

Fabregas - Gilberto Silva

Jenas - Zokora

^^ Them partnerships in the middle obviously cost but thats what we need to build and then we will be ready to challenge the better teams.

B4E - cahill and grav both like a tackle, but neither of them can actually do it! and you cant blame cars and nev for AJ not scoring, the lad has had chances in the box to put away, he just hasnt taken them.

i'll make this my last post in this thread, i find the way some people are always on cars and nevs back rather strange. both were extremely important to us last season, but suddely we need to start playing like barcelona and these two just arent up to the task.

strange!

Steve, thats last season, then we played to Carsley + Neville's strengths now we dont, we play a 442 which is a totally differant thing we are trying to learn.

what we need is a player who is comfortable on the ball and will make us pass the ball around, unlike when when with Nev or Cars getting it then hitting a long ball, imo thats the only differance between us being a very stong side. We just need to spend our money on a " Class " midfielder who is willing to join us.

Edited by Blue4Ever

well considering we have no left footed midfield players,and we have tried anybody/everybody on the left side, im pretty certain the left should be a priority. cahill and jags would be my first choice central pairing, but any of our other midfielders play there. so for me it is not priority at all.

2 of those right backs are not very good. I'd rather have two quality right backs than 3 right backs where only one is any good.

exactly what i was getting at

personally though i think once mcfadden,for want of a better word,matures and gets his feet on the ground i think he'd be a good winger for us,dont get me wrong if there was someone more suited to that role on the market then snap them up or even if pienaar really starts to impress then fair enough, but i still think fadders would be a better winger than a striker for us

agree wit you lot about gravs as well,its fair enough if he comes on from the bench and changes a game and puts a fair few passes in,but hes getting on in years and we could do with a young central midfielder to shake things up,only thing id think of is though,who would you pair them with,jags or cahill?and where would the othre player go?only thing i could think of is to put jags at right back :S