IGNORED

Phil Neville

Sandman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibbo is an alot better rightback than Neville and moyes know's it, thats why he always gets played center mid, hopefully when we get a world class center midfielder in january :rolleyes: we can drop him to the bench and make Lescott/Cahill/Yobo captain, Ive notised all the people who stick up for Neville havent replied to the topic because they have realised he aint up to it, if it was up 2 me Carsley would be in the team before him because you always know he will give everything. today Neville seemed like he couldnt be assed.

Edited by Blue4Ever

He is really poor in the middle, its not his fault he tries his best and gives it his all but if our manager can't realise how fucking dire Tony Hibbert is, and just make a simple swap then something is seriously wrong.

As for today well Moyes got it wrong, why take off Yakubu? he was a threat, Johnson is poor lately and should have been dropped for this game in favour of Mcfadden (who was already on a high his shot at goal today proved this) but what does Dave do? brings on Anichebe For Yakubu leaves Johnson on and basically loses us the game. Sometimes its as though he wants us to lose, mad i know but it feels like that with his weird decisions.

what concerns me more is that certain players are becoming untouchable in the team(in the eyes of moyes anyway) ie: AJ,neville, look at the trouble it's caused england, i do hope we make a few changes for thursday, to leave faddy out after his performance midweek was just criminal imo.

did he actually play well or just score a goal the keeper should have saved?

I'd like to see him play at right back again. Really not a big fan of Hibberts, costs us some important goals, but hey thats just this guys opinion. As long as Phil's gona be in the team he's got to remain captain, however, my choices would be Lescott or Cahill. I would have suggested Arteta but tbh I'd rather he just concentrated on being shit hot and leave the shouting to Lescott or timmy!!

I have to say Neville would just not be in my first 11 as for his spirit and ability to be captain. Those things are of no use when he constantly loses posession. I do find it rather scary that moyes cannot see what is plainly obvious. I can't see any tangible contribution that he makes in CM.

If you have to play a ball winner then carsley or jags are your man. I would also put hibbo at right back, and I agree that moyes thinks the same and that is why he plays there ahead of nev. Talking of untouchable players I think cahill is one of those and hopefully jags is now so that should be the first choice midfield partnership.

I am surprised piernaar is not being given more of a go.

Im with you on jags and cahill being the midfield.

not being funny but I didn't hear Jags playing too many defence splitting passes at the weekend? Also, Cahill is not particularly effective in a 442, yes he's better than Neville and Carsley on the ball (who isn't?) but he's still not exactly Steven Gerrard or Cesc Fabregas. Gravesen (if fit) has to play, he's in a different league from anyone in our team, with the exception of Arteta, when it comes to passing and creativity. Give Cahill or Jags a go with him, but Gravesen muct play until we sign a really decent CM.

not being funny but I didn't hear Jags playing too many defence splitting passes at the weekend? Also, Cahill is not particularly effective in a 442, yes he's better than Neville and Carsley on the ball (who isn't?) but he's still not exactly Steven Gerrard or Cesc Fabregas. Gravesen (if fit) has to play, he's in a different league from anyone in our team, with the exception of Arteta, when it comes to passing and creativity. Give Cahill or Jags a go with him, but Gravesen muct play until we sign a really decent CM.

what a worthless post. jagielka isn't an attacking midfielder, it isn't his job to split defences, and it's not like arteta was doing it either was it. cahill is better in a 4-5-1 but not exactly gerrard or fabregas? this isnt championship manager, we don't have that quality and we won't unless we get really lucky for quite a while. must play gravesen? based on what, the fact he didn't play for celtic and he hit 1 good corner, i think not. he needs to earn a place in the team, he's far from being an automatic choice.

what a worthless post. jagielka isn't an attacking midfielder, it isn't his job to split defences, and it's not like arteta was doing it either was it. cahill is better in a 4-5-1 but not exactly gerrard or fabregas? this isnt championship manager, we don't have that quality and we won't unless we get really lucky for quite a while. must play gravesen? based on what, the fact he didn't play for celtic and he hit 1 good corner, i think not. he needs to earn a place in the team, he's far from being an automatic choice.

Bit unfair that mate he did more in terms of creativity & attacking play in one half than most of our midfielders have done all season.

I agree with the rest tho Gravesen is far from being a "must player" he showed some very good touches at Bolton and alot of forward thinking but that doesnt earn him a start IMO. As for the rest of midfield we all knew we needed a creative midfielder even Moyes tried to buy a couple but we failed so lets not spend half the season moaning we aint got one. We have a hole, it must be filled and against the top teams that will show more than most weeks it's just something we have to accept, the players we have are not good enough to match our ambition but we are once again better than last term which it's nice to be able to say AGAIN!!

Jagielka is a defensive midfielder, it's not his job to create. Does Makelele play defence splitting passes? Nope, he gets the ball and gives it to someone who can play those balls. Expecting a bit too much there mate. Jagielka played well on Saturday, especially considering he did Neville's job as well as his own.

we need a player for the left side, we keep trying osman, and he just doesnt cut it imo.

if we could get a left footed arteta that would be magic!

and carlmac - you cant compare anybody to gerrard and fabregas! and i find it foolish to even attept it! different league from most of the world!

based on Everton's only decent footballing spell of 20 mins since we beat Spurs and based on about 5 years of watching Gravesen play. What I was ACTUALLY saying is (I KNOW Jags is a defensive mf) is that if you put Cahill and Jags together, it's not going to be a great deal better than Nev/Carsley as both have limited passing ability and Cahill isn't even a particularly good tackler, all he's good at is scoring goals (in a 451). Yes, they're better than Neville in particular, but they aren't the answer against decent defensive teams. We have a very good side, but we lack big time in CM and the only answer we have, short term, is hoping Gravesen still has the magic. I also can't wait for Vaughan to come back, I thought Johnson would be a brilliant signing, but the more I see him, the less impressed I get. On last seasons form Vaughan is first choice when fit and he WILL trouble defences. He's better in the air, quicker and more direct, roll on November.

we need a player for the left side, we keep trying osman, and he just doesnt cut it imo.

if we could get a left footed arteta that would be magic!

and carlmac - you cant compare anybody to gerrard and fabregas! and i find it foolish to even attept it! different league from most of the world!

Osman started the season great, as did Arteta, then they hardly touched the ball for 4 games. They must take some of the blame, but you can empathise with them when they are receiving so little quality ball from the central midfield. I mean, against Blackburn I don't think our defence or CM's did anything other than hoof the ball straight from back to front.

based on Everton's only decent footballing spell of 20 mins since we beat Spurs and based on about 5 years of watching Gravesen play. What I was ACTUALLY saying is (I KNOW Jags is a defensive mf) is that if you put Cahill and Jags together, it's not going to be a great deal better than Nev/Carsley as both have limited passing ability and Cahill isn't even a particularly good tackler, all he's good at is scoring goals (in a 451). Yes, they're better than Neville in particular, but they aren't the answer against decent defensive teams. We have a very good side, but we lack big time in CM and the only answer we have, short term, is hoping Gravesen still has the magic. I also can't wait for Vaughan to come back, I thought Johnson would be a brilliant signing, but the more I see him, the less impressed I get. On last seasons form Vaughan is first choice when fit and he WILL trouble defences. He's better in the air, quicker and more direct, roll on November.

I agree with everything in that post except that Vaughan is quicker than A.J. He is fast but not as fast as A.J, Vaughan would be a player we could rely on to come in if Johnson isnt playing to well, Mcfadden isnt one of those players because no1 ever knows what we will get from him, He isnt scoring but he's still playing well imo (A.J).

Jagielka played well on Saturday

Reports from the Man Utd game by anyone other than a Blue, seem to suggest that

Jagielka looked not quite prem quality!...I'm hoping that's not correct,and that there

typical footbal reporters(Twats)..

Lescott for captain!....Maybe not this week but very bloody soon.Unless of course he's

a brilliant defender and not a leader.

Midfield!....VITAL!....Howard,Lescott,Baines,Yobo and possibly an in form Hibbert are

very hard to break down...........Yakubu,AJ,Vaughan,McFadden, there will be some goals

coming from them soon.

SO Midfield?........Think you need to build around Arteta,Gravesen,Cahill....and Jagielka

(if he can cut it)........Carsley can still do a job, and Osman can maybe find a goal from

somewhere.....Piennar, the jury's still out!

Neville's good cover for a couple of positions.

To the team that matched Man Utd......add a FULLY fit Yakubu.....Jagielka and Baines a few

more games with the team....PLUS get back two of our best players Cahill and Vaughan..

That will be a good squad.

i noticed one tabloid gave jags 4/10!

i gave him my mom, only ahead of baines due to him doing the job of two men and still managed to keep carrick and scholes at bay!

i think he was great and will only get better in our midfield

I only listened to the game but he didn't exactly sound like he set the world alight, the Echo (or was it Daily Post?) suggested that he wasn't too hot either (something about being 'master of none'). Still, early days.

Jagielka played well on Saturday

Reports from the Man Utd game by anyone other than a Blue, seem to suggest that

Jagielka looked not quite prem quality!...I'm hoping that's not correct,and that there

typical footbal reporters(Twats)..

Lescott for captain!....Maybe not this week but very bloody soon.Unless of course he's

a brilliant defender and not a leader.

Midfield!....VITAL!....Howard,Lescott,Baines,Yobo and possibly an in form Hibbert are

very hard to break down...........Yakubu,AJ,Vaughan,McFadden, there will be some goals

coming from them soon.

SO Midfield?........Think you need to build around Arteta,Gravesen,Cahill....and Jagielka

(if he can cut it)........Carsley can still do a job, and Osman can maybe find a goal from

somewhere.....Piennar, the jury's still out!

Neville's good cover for a couple of positions.

To the team that matched Man Utd......add a FULLY fit Yakubu.....Jagielka and Baines a few

more games with the team....PLUS get back two of our best players Cahill and Vaughan..

That will be a good squad.

Very sensible post. I agree with just about all you say there. I am not a fan of Phil Neville but agree with you that he would be "good cover for a couple of positions".

Pienaar- I am still to make up my mind about him too.

For me though, the jury is also out on Jagielka. I know a lot of people see good things but I'm yet to be convinced.