Sign in to follow this  
jacko 1990

The Reaction To Last Night

OMFG how S**T Is Andy Johnson!!!!!!!!!!! How Can You Miss 2penaltys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did he even take the 2nd penalty? and how bad was it, the worst I've ever seen I think. Well played Metallist anyway, they deserved the draw and if we go out, then we go out and we cant complain. The best team should win and so it's up to us to prove it next time. Oh well, now we're the laughing stock of Europe! We should still go through anyway and if we dont then no excuses, Metallist are really poor - dont let anyone try and say otherwise, just face facts and take it on the chin, we were abysmal.

Neville is a disgust and should never play for this club again. REF poor game but we are lacking in sooo many areas how can we still deem it useful to play longball.

Joke

Aj out of form Yak out of form neville sh)t carsley past it hibo lacks baines excellent yobo lescottt escellent faddy osmna not prem class

were the worst team ever, andy is crap this season, moyes needs the sack.

we were robbed and that ref was shite

NO........YES(at the moment)......ERM NO(a kick up the arse maybe).....NO...

....NO....!!

were the worst team ever, andy is crap this season, moyes needs the sack.

we were robbed and that ref was shite

NO........YES(at the moment)......ERM NO(a kick up the arse maybe).....NO...

....NO....!!

Derek do you have eyes, well maybe not. moyes needs to go back to preston.....

Can anyone tell me why Yakubu is at Everton because it certainly isn't because he wants to play football!! He was more interested in the game watching from the bench after he was subbed than the whole time he was on the pitch. Victor came on and showed what the club means to him. I hope Yak realises this very soon as we may have bought another donkey. He was lasy, slow, uninterested. Bring back Beats, at least he battled for the ball.

On another note, why does Moyes insist on playing Hibbert? He just doesn't cut the mustard. He was poor tonight. AJ was unlucky. Took a lot of balls to take the third penalty. Confidence is a factor for him now. The ref was a tosser and once again we have been robbed by a bad desicion. We looked out of ideas without Arteta and I fear that this spell in Europe will damage our results in the Prem. It's a shame that we once again have to rely on long balls pumped up to the front men, will someone please tell Moyes that Ferguson has retired. We are better than that and we need to start showing it.

On a lighter side did anyone see that red-shite presenters face after the ad break after the match. He was beaming, just about summed up the entire evening. Ah well maybe we will win the away leg?

I think you're being too harsh on AJ. OK he hasn't scored yet, apart from the perfectly good penalty but the amount of work he does is second to none. He chased down players and sprang up all over the pitch. Yak on the other hand was downright awful. Can we take him back to Tyneside and demand a refund? I'm sure it's been less than 90 days as the product definately doesn't fill the needs!!

lets be honest the midfield or nev and cars doesn't work

Nev should not play for the club agian

He shouldnt, no matter where he plays he's terrible, Jagielka should have started, moyes fucked up.

GET OFF A.J'S BACK, WE ALL KNEW HE SHOULDNT HAVE TOOK THAT SECOND PEN BUT ITS OVER WITH NOW.

Well I think I did, wasn't VA the one player who came on, won headers, challenged for the ball, won a penalty and actually looked like he wanted to play for the team? Yak was slow, lazy and not interested in playing on a Thursday evening. As for Neville I think he should be at right-back and Carsley did OK. Not his best game but to be honest it wans't Everton's best match either.

if you can't spot that nev is rubbish and carsley needs cahill you are blind

WHERE WAS PIERNAR

Moyes does appear crap but he's got our defence sorted.

Moyes was a defender himself and unfortunately we attack like a bunch of defenders. Just because Moyes probably used to hoof the ball into the box himself doesnt mean we should.

I say Keep Moyes and get rid of Irvine. we need a coach to sort out our forward play.

a bad manager.....FOOL :P

hey derek mountfield was bad player for everton aswel bring back beats :D

but its not just one game isit mountfield

a bad manager.....FOOL

hey derek mountfield was bad player for everton aswel bring back beats

but its not just one game isit montfield

Mountfield was like like a slim white Lescott!.......Yes I would have liked Beattie instead

of Yakubu.

We will beat them in the next leg!......just!

just got in now.moyes' tactical decisions were shocking, neville and carsley, both really defensive players,never play right together,neville was just shocking,poor distribution(this goes for hibbert as well,doddled too much on the ball,his decision making is,for want of a better word, BAD),gave away too many fouls,all hes good for is long throws,jagielka should have been a shoe in tonight.

what hacked me off in the first half was the amount of space baines had on the left hand side, yet a) no one picked him up and the game kept getting played down the right hand side and cool.gif there was pretty much no left winger AT ALL, faddy (who i thought should have started as left winger) and osman (who, understandably, was probably told to go there in place of arteta) were nowhere to be found and just kept drifting off for the ball on the right,and yakubu was playing out of position trying to take the ball off baines on the left which he just shouldnt have had to do.

referee was woeful but we cant pin it all on him, we made them look awesome tonight, 9 players they had, 9, my minds still boggling, and if AJ doesnt get in the st helens team next week with that 1,2,3,4th (ive cost count) sky high penalty ill be shocked,i really just dont know what it is about us that makes us play so erraticly at times,but hey,1-1,all to do,we just need to go out there with the right heads on and just attack, attack, attack.moyes isnt the problem because at the end of the day we're in a hell of a better position now than we were without him,had he not been here these threads wouldnt even have been dreamt of,but i suppose you could take that either way, ah well, thats my 2 cents,not fit to wear the shirt tonight lads, BOOK THE IDEAS UP or its bye bye europe once again,embarassing

PS. SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE SHOT THAT FUCKING MAGPIE!!

Neville is a disgust and should never play for this club again. REF poor game but we are lacking in sooo many areas how can we still deem it useful to play longball.

Joke

Aj out of form Yak out of form neville sh)t carsley past it hibo lacks baines excellent yobo lescottt escellent faddy osmna not prem class

it's not Neville's fault that he cant play CM, he's a decent fullback played out of position. Carsley was always rubbish in 442, but excellent in 451. The fact is, as I've been saying for days, we lack BIG TIME in CM and so we will struggle to score against any team, no matter how poor unless Gravesen still has what it takes. I say let's get back to what we're good at (451) and stop conceding goals and start scoring some. We'll no doubt have to stick with 442 until Cahill is back, but once he is I'd switch to 451 if results, actually PERFORMANCES dont pick up fast. Arteta is going to leave if we dont start passing the ball. Anichebe came on and was excellent, the problem is he can be lazy too. Johnson works hard, but not as hard as some people make out, Kuyt and Vaughan work harder, plus he hardly ever challenges for a header and is control is not that great and his pace just isn't what I expected. I like Johnson, but let's face it - he's not as good as we hoped and certainly isn't international class. Yakubu looked totally disinterested, but a couple of times at least he flashed some vision and ability, too many players on our team have neither. At the end of the day our 3 best midfielders were missing, put Arteta, Gravesen and Cahill into that team and we'll match any team (certainly in 451) but even so, tonight just proves what I've said all along, we have ZERO creativity so should play 451 and keep it tight and try and get hold of the ball more so we can actually start creatin chances and stop them at the other end.

just got in now.moyes' tactical decisions were shocking, neville and carsley, both really defensive players,never play right together,neville was just shocking,poor distribution(this goes for hibbert as well,doddled too much on the ball,his decision making is,for want of a better word, BAD),gave away too many fouls,all hes good for is long throws,jagielka should have been a shoe in tonight.

what hacked me off in the first half was the amount of space baines had on the left hand side, yet a) no one picked him up and the game kept getting played down the right hand side and cool.gif there was pretty much no left winger AT ALL, faddy (who i thought should have started as left winger) and osman (who, understandably, was probably told to go there in place of arteta) were nowhere to be found and just kept drifting off for the ball on the right,and yakubu was playing out of position trying to take the ball off baines on the left which he just shouldnt have had to do.

referee was woeful but we cant pin it all on him, we made them look awesome tonight, 9 players they had, 9, my minds still boggling, and if AJ doesnt get in the st helens team next week with that 1,2,3,4th (ive cost count) sky high penalty ill be shocked,i really just dont know what it is about us that makes us play so erraticly at times,but hey,1-1,all to do,we just need to go out there with the right heads on and just attack, attack, attack.moyes isnt the problem because at the end of the day we're in a hell of a better position now than we were without him,had he not been here these threads wouldnt even have been dreamt of,but i suppose you could take that either way, ah well, thats my 2 cents,not fit to wear the shirt tonight lads, BOOK THE IDEAS UP or its bye bye europe once again,embarassing

PS. SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE SHOT THAT FUCKING MAGPIE!!

one for sorrow two for joy and sack that fuck ING david moyes

cant believe people sayin yak looked uninterested, the lad was played on the wing!

for fuck sake, he scoed loads of goals as a striker! in the middle, around the box! not on the wing! well done moyes, all that cash to score goals, and stick him on the wing! idiot

i'm sick of reading all this bullshit...thinking evertonian and barely any of you recent posters have a brain ...5-0....6-0...well kill these etc etc...and now ur like we're shit we're shit. fuck off will ya. you're starting to piss me off now.... now i'm not the most optimistic people but you act like little kids on fifa or somethin, please leave.

(this doesn't reflect my view of everyone...i've grown to respect a large amount of the regulars)

Well Said Craccer - this post is like a play ground. "He's sh1t, he should be sack, he should never play again!!"

If AJ initial penalty had been allowed the game would likley have ended up 2-0, and likey a little more.

The whole out come of that game in the end revolved around a disallowed penalty and the subsequent save of the retake. This happens in football - get over it.

As for tactics - We went for a decent win, and as mentioned in all likleyhood where a singles refs desision away from it. Moyes can hardly be blamed for that!!!.

Team wise - with Arteta, Gravs, Pieenar, and Cahill all out - well the team pretty much picked itself.

There are soo many things that bothered me last night I really am amazed how tactically inept we looked against 9 men.

Why do we play long ball when are stikers thrive on through balls?

Why did we suddenly switch to a 433 when we haven't player it all season?

Why was Aj alowed to take 2 Pen's when his confidence is so low?

Why Against an inferior side did we play 2 defesive Centre Mids?

How on God's earth can Moyes not see that neville is a complete joke and is not even close to being good enough

i understand what your saying rob, but what was the strange formation all about? he could have used osman and mcfadden on the wings. it was more like 4213.

i do think we can get the result we need over there, i just dont think we will

I hope we can get the result and I agree if the ref let's taht pen count we are happy but there is still alot of questions that need to be asked about the general performance. besides the defenders no-one turned up.

We are all as dissapointed as eachother!!! But to spout out some of this shit like craccer said is rediculous. We didnt play well against a poor teamm but i still fully expect us to go through. Next time we face these we will have Howard, Graveson, Pienaar, Arteta back and i presume this will be enough. I was gutted last night. I feel for AJ as he is low on confidence but i still would stick with him. He gives us so much more than any of our other strikers, (with the exception of JV) and to step up for the third penalty showed alot of bottle. Lets all just get behind the team and cheer them on in Ukraine, We WILL qualify

We are all as dissapointed as eachother!!! But to spout out some of this shit like craccer said is rediculous. We didnt play well against a poor teamm but i still fully expect us to go through. Next time we face these we will have Howard, Graveson, Pienaar, Arteta back and i presume this will be enough. I was gutted last night. I feel for AJ as he is low on confidence but i still would stick with him. He gives us so much more than any of our other strikers, (with the exception of JV) and to step up for the third penalty showed alot of bottle. Lets all just get behind the team and cheer them on in Ukraine, We WILL qualify

I think we all know we SHOULD qualify and that we most probably will do, the fact is Metallist weren't even championship standard and still, we didn't open them up on one single occasion. Our goal came from a corner, Johnson and Yakubu never went through on goal once, Metallist had the clearer chances and with some compsure they could have scored 2 or 3 easy. I don't care if we had've won 4-0, I said at half time when we were winning 1 0 it was embarrassing to watch and it was, we just have absolutely no class on the ball. I wouldn't have minded if we drew 0 0 but actually played decent football, any neutral supporters in the land who saw us play on tv against Blackburn and Metallist must wonder how on earth we managed to finish in the top 6. Yakub was no way shoved out on the wing, McFadden was out on the wing, possibly Johnson, but Yakubu was constantly down the middle and OCCASIONALLY dropped out to the left wing, fact is he was absolutely useless. Johnson didn't come close to scoring (again) except for taking two penalties (neither of which he won) and yet Yakubu was still substitued first, doesn't that tell you something? He was awful, lazy, didn't jump for a header and didn't put a tackle in, there's no excuse for not trying. Anichebe came on and actually put himself about, got in the box and made things happen, AJ spends too much time running down the wings and he seems to be on his heels a lot when balls go into the box, he seems scared to actually get a chance because he knows he will most likely miss.

I agree that Moyes options were pretty limited due to injuries, but still we should have had enough about us. Neville and Carsley are just so poor in 442 it's embarrassing, the sooner Gravesen is back the better, at least we'll be able to pass the ball again. I still can't believe some Evertonians didn't want him back, don't you actually watch Neville/Carsley in midfield? whilst in a 442 Cahill isn't a great deal better. I'm telling you now, if performances don't start to improve (and fast) Moyes will go back to 451 because he knows it works, and it does (for us).

on a positive note, Baines and Wessels impressed.

I must say last night's performance, really disapointed. I hope that stands as a wake up call to Moyes. Hopefully we can play in the next match, more competitively(though in saying that, we were more than competitive last night, just didn't take our chances), and take a win. Whilst it will be tough, we at least know who we are playing this time, and better tactics.

I can't understand all the fuss to be honest - As I mentioned the difference between a decent win and the 1-1 draw is basically down to a dodgy penalty desision. Simple as that.

We had to play with our key playmaker (and his back up) out, and we pull a face becasue the midfeild was a little disjointed at time.

We got caught on the break, while going for a second goal - rather than hang on to a 1-0 win.

The were some average to poor perfomances from the players, but Neville and Carsley are not in the squad for their creative flair and quality ball distrobution.

The 'opposition' where there to be attacked last night, but our creative midfeilders who where needed to prenetrate a defending team where just not available for selection. Couple that with, the ref, then is just wasn't meant to be last night as we just didn't get the rub of the green. Sh!t happens - I still think we have the players to get us through though

I can't understand all the fuss to be honest - As I mentioned the difference between a decent win and the 1-1 draw is basically down to a dodgy penalty desision. Simple as that.

We had to play with our key playmaker (and his back up) out, and we pull a face becasue the midfeild was a little disjointed at time.

We got caught on the break, while going for a second goal - rather than hang on to a 1-0 win.

The were some average to poor perfomances from the players, but Neville and Carsley are not in the squad for their creative flair and quality ball distrobution.

The 'opposition' where there to be attacked last night, but our creative midfeilders who where needed to prenetrate a defending team where just not available for selection. Couple that with, the ref, then is just wasn't meant to be last night as we just didn't get the rub of the green. Sh!t happens - I still think we have the players to get us through though

all fair points, although I don't think the ref had that bad a game tbh. The worry is last night wasn't the first performance of this nature, it's been the norm this season even with Arteta playing. Ok, we're not usually so gung ho at he back (we seriously could have let in a few goals last night, we were caught on the break the whole match) but going fwd there is so little creativity and threat it's worrying. I don't blame Carsley and Neville for being rubbish on the ball, they aren't creative players and both are excellent as a DM in a 5 man midfield, but Moyes should recognise they cant play in a 4 man midfield as they constantly invite pressure by giving the ball away and our attacks are breaking down constantly. All we do is pass it pedestrianly to the wings and get nowhere or hoof it up to Johnson/Yakubu who don't even jump for headers. The lack of link up play between AJ and Yak was also pretty disturbing, Yakubu better start trying harder than last night otherwise we could have another (albeit more expensive) James Beattie on our hands. McFadden was also diabolical (although not through lack of effort, more through lack of control and pace) but then he was shoved out on the wing where he is undoubtedly useless.

Last night we started off well for 15 minutes, then Metallist started to realise that we aren't actually very good so started to get more ambitious. I am fairly hopeful for the weekend tho, surely Moyes will get the players fired up after the embarrassment of last night, he must do. Be very interesting to see who plays up front.

moyes needs a goot kick up the fuckin arse what was that last nite a fuckin joke am tellin u now we aint gonna have a good season with that midfield yeah so we got cahill, arteta and grav to come back but this is what we gonna have if they injured/suspended he fukd up neville/carsley worts pairing u can get how can he not see it, osman shite hibbert i hate with a passion got caught far to up the pitch that lead to met goal, thats 3 games at home we havent won not good enuff imo

swap nev and hibbo and put jags in cm

johnson- lacking form itl come back

yakubu- seen him play in 2 games or did i, was terrible

we need 2 wingers and we are sorted put arteta back in middle with grav

pull ur finger out moyes or all be calling for ur head

No, they're there to break up the play and pass it to a player who can do something with it. And they didn't do either of those. So they can be criticised. Carsley should not have been brought into the team to replace Jagielka, it was a joke.

exactly mark - what must jags think? the lad has been playing really well, single handedly kept scholes and carrick out last week. then gets dropped for cars, great for moral!

The thing that got to me yesterday was how badly we played. There wasn't any width and with that no back up for the full backs which meant that one of the central defenders drifted over to the full backs to help out which in turn left a huge game in the middle and on the other side. Osman never played on the wing once and was always drifting in the middle, Jimmy was too far forward. So on the left, where Osman was meant to be, Yak kept coming back. Even Johnson was coming back to get the ball and when your two strikers are recieving the ball to feet on the half way line you are having problems in midfield. The amount of times they got us a freekick on or near the halfway line should have been on the edge of the box. Neville had a 'mare and what annoys me most about him is the way he points to other people to go in 'spaces' when it's obvious it'd be better for him to take that position up. Also a few times he was running away with his back facing the ball which looked like he never wanted the ball.

One lad behind me said "AJ just doesn't know when and where to make a run", to which his mate replied: "noone does when Hibbert has the ball". And I thought, not a truer word spoken. Both Nevilles and Hibberts distribution was shocking. But in all fairness no one seemed to want the ball or even move into position to recieve it, and to be honest, it did look like some people on that pitch didn't want to be there.

I was just thankful that they were pretty bad and very wasteful of their chances.

Am disappointed but hopeful (dare I say expecting) us to go there and get a result.

I did not say a word from the 2nd penalty miss until i got home. Could not believe what happened. Now if we had sunk those 2 pens 3-1 and most of the utter rubbish written on this thread would not be here. The so called fans who want Moyes out on his head are absolute nobeds. Yes it was inexplically shit but thats a ridiculous comment.

Players thought it was too easy. The defence were non existent and like schoolboys with nobody doing their duties. Neville is shit and has been for a while. Fuck only know how he's our captain. Win in Kharkiv? Thats what we need to do and with the missing players from last night we should do it.

i havent read the rest of the topic but i just want to say that i think moyes made a terrible decision. ANICHEBE on for YAKUBU no way he should have taken JOHNSON off, at least the Yak would have scored both penaltys!

I personnal think the biggest problem last night was playing 4-3-3 and not being used to it and playing a team with so many players behind the ball and trying to break them down, with our creative players out.

It was never going to be a pretty game, especially given the player who where missing - basically the creative force in the squad.

Given what was available and on the bench, then you can't really see much of a different team selction to be honest. OK, you could argue Jaks for Carsley, Neville or Hibbert, but that is about it.

Given the team we had out and the way we played we basically still dominated the game from start to finish - they had no real sustained control of the game what so ever. It's not like we have been out played or anything like that.

Moyes went for an attacking line up, given the players available. Instead of being happy with a 1-0 win the team went for a second. Are those of you calling for his head the same people as those calling for his head last year against Spurs becasue he choose the defensive option.

Last night equalising goal was not much more than a sucker punch.

if moyes gets sacked mabey mourinho will b the nxt manager lmao!! OJ

to be fair they did exactly as they said they would do, defend, defend, defend n then get us on the break

but tht still dnt change the fact tht AJ missed 2 pens n we didnt kill off the game AGEN!

I did not say a word from the 2nd penalty miss until i got home. Could not believe what happened. Now if we had sunk those 2 pens 3-1 and most of the utter rubbish written on this thread would not be here. The so called fans who want Moyes out on his head are absolute nobeds. Yes it was inexplically shit but thats a ridiculous comment.

Players thought it was too easy. The defence were non existent and like schoolboys with nobody doing their duties. Neville is shit and has been for a while. Fuck only know how he's our captain. Win in Kharkiv? Thats what we need to do and with the missing players from last night we should do it.

Awsome post!

Exactly my view!

Why u all saying "Sack Moyes"? 1 bad Formational desicion, when we had no good midfielders to pick from xcept Jags?Who didn't even start!

Defence is awsome but last nite they fought they wouldn't have to even touch the ball, " hey Lescott lets walk back to our position, Lescott: yh sound Yobo lad" flipping joke!

But They now know they aren't going to be a Walk in the Park and hopefully we will have sum quality players back!!

(How long is arteta out for?)

Last night put me in the mind of when at the kids football,the parents(fathers) play

against the boys.....I'm talking u-9, 10's etc.Point being whilst the kids are pretty good

the dads should beat them, and whilst I don't remember the kids ever winning, the

games usually went along the lines of dads playing like headless chickens and where

as they could have just kept their heads and walked the games, the kids often took

advantage of the "better"opposition, and let the dads become their own worst enemies.

I know it's a strange way to look at it......but then I'm a bit strange.

It's football!.....doesn't matter what level, these things just happen.

Moyes will be working very hard(I hope) to stop it happening again.

One of the consequences of the late ko was my Sky+ running out before the last pen. According to the Mirror today Baines wanted to take it but Phil Neville took the ball off him and gave it to AJ, who has said...

“I maybe wasn’t as confident as the first one but I was confident I was going to score.”

....which means (to me) that he was never going to score it.

I'm sure though that I saw Faddy holding the ball and I assumed he was going to take it, could be wrong...it was a bit chaotic :) . Anyone got it on tape can tell me what really happened?

(Edit....just looked at the Everton TV coverage which was Channel 5's and it just shows the incident so no clue there)

ok, maybe we didnt play well, but it should have been four or five nil and i feel the ref has a big part to play in that, he was awful.

if decsisions were made well, then aj wouldnt have had to take the pen again, and then would be confident for the one later on in the game. he should/could have had 3 goals from penalties.

all this talk of moyes out, start using your heads, it cant be 100% right 100% of the time, he is slowely bringing us back to one of the big 4/5/6.

lets start showing support and not getting on their backs.

According to the Mirror today Baines wanted to take it but Phil Neville took the ball off him and gave it to AJ...

Apprently Baines had the ball and Neville Took it off him and gave it to AJ.

Is there an echo in here :lol: ?

Its been 4 days & im still fooked off about the game. This was the first time ive ever left before the final whistle, i just couldn't believe it when i saw AJ's 2nd disappear into the crowd. But, i still saw enough to truly believe we will get a result over there, as long as arteta is back that is. AJ & Yak will come good.

Its been 4 days & im still fooked off about the game. This was the first time ive ever left before the final whistle, i just couldn't believe it when i saw AJ's 2nd disappear into the crowd. But, i still saw enough to truly believe we will get a result over there, as long as arteta is back that is. AJ & Yak will come good.

at least we played a bit better today and only lost due to 2 defensive blunders. Even with a really poor team out we were a matrch for Villa (except for those mistakes). Jags made a bit of a difference, but whilst Gravesen, Arteta and Cahill are out I think we have to go 451. We just don't have the quality to open up teams with the present first team due to injuries, we need to get back to keeping clean sheets and trying to keep hold of possession and hope we pinch a goal, at the moment we don't look like scoring, we don't have enough of the ball and we can't keep any clean sheets. Can't wait for Tommy G to be back, the amount of good runs Baines makes and no one can find him. Another chance for Johnson and another miss, getting worrying now - I'd still play him tho as lone striker as no way can Yakubu play up front on his own. We need to get back to basics, start defending properly, start competing and grind out some results until we get our first choice players fit.