IGNORED

Moyes Quote

Randomness

"It doesn’t matter what you do in the middle if you don’t score and defend like we did today.”

What? Surely the Point of the Middle is have one Player breaking up thier play and one player to create opening for the strikers in the midfield!

No wonder they keep on playing long balls!

Put Tommy G in an Oxygen Tent Now!

And why the hell is howard still out? A dislocated Finger cant be that bad, He played on for the USA Didnt he? havent got anything against Wessels, i just want to know why a minor injury is taking this long to heal.

I think he is basically saying we could have best midfield in the world but if we defend like we did today and not score then we won't get anywhere. There's nothing wrong with that.

Apparently Howard is out for five weeks. Wessels seems to have been brought in at just the right time. Some were moaning when we signed him saying we had too many keepers but I think the same people would be moaning if Turner or Ruddy had been forced to play asking why we had no experienced backup 'keeper.

I think he is basically saying we could have best midfield in the world but if we defend like we did today and not score then we won't get anywhere. There's nothing wrong with that.

Apparently Howard is out for five weeks. Wessels seems to have been brought in at just the right time. Some were moaning when we signed him saying we had too many keepers but I think the same people would be moaning if Turner or Ruddy had been forced to play asking why we had no experienced backup 'keeper.

Thats complete crap (where moyes is comming from not you Louis) the midfield protects the back 4, creates chances & links up with the forwards so if moyes is saying things like that it shows he hasnt gota clue. Yes you need your strikers to be able to score & yes it's important to be able to defend well but without a midfield capable of playing football your well and truly screwed and forced into long ball football.

Sound familiar??

He's basically using 2 stupid mistakes to cover up the fact that he picked a shit team AGAIN and when it didnt work he had no idea how to rectify it. He should have taken a walk around to the away end because thousands of Evertonians were pretty much agreed that Ossie & Hibbo needed to leave the pitch ASAP and the midfiled wasnt working!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

I actually, think Moyes is also of the mark with that comment.

It is definately the midfeild that is letting the side down at the moment - In a way it can't really be helped when you have Arteta, his back up Gravs and our goal scoring midfeilder Cahill on the treatment table. On a good day those three may be the best part of a 4 or 5 mad midfeild starting line up.

But lets get things in to perspective a little for the last three game or so-

In defence -

Wessels in goal - been at the club a few weeks, and his first games for the club - So no understanding built up with the backline.

Central defence -

Yobo and Lesscott pairing is very fresh double act, they must have played less than a handful of games together in the middle. Not surprised the odd 'school boy' errors are currently going on between them.

Baines is also less than half a dozen games in to his Everton career. So we are yet to fully utilise his assets in the team or build that proper understanding with the new central pairing or the 'midfeild' infront of him.

In a way, it's not that suprising we are letting in the odd goal.

Middle of the park.

We all go on about how good Arteta is - Our midfeild is bound to miss a player of his callibre it's like Arsenal without Fabregas, Chelsea without Lampard or Liverpool without Gerrard, United without Scholes. Any team will have a handful of difficult games with these players missing as they give so much to the way your team go about its business each week. Neville's long balls are definately a symptom of not having the usual outlet of Arteta not available.

Up front - Yakubu only a couple of games in to his partnership with AJ. AJ out of form with low confidence in front of the sticks, No Arteta (or Gravs) around to create decent chances over the last couple game.

We are all a little disapointed in the last few results becasue the squad assembled promises so much more - It will come once we start to get some of our creative players back and on feild relationships and understandings grow.

Hour points are decent rob it's poor tho when a new(ish) centre back partnership & a new signig left back are consistently the best players on the park everyone else seriously needs to look long and hard in the mirror.

Having said that I dont think it's them I think they are just doing what they are told to do by Moyes.

I don't think the defence has been all that to be honest - A defence has to be judged over 90mins and given some of the sloppy goals given away this season - they need to hold their hands up on a fair few occasions - Have we got a poor defence? - No, it has the individual elements of a very good defence, they have just not gelled properly just yet - but they will. Not keeping clean sheets is putting a little pressure on the attacking players. They player great for 89mins but have been prone to the odd mistake - trouble is as a defence you are usually punished for a single mistake or mis-judgement. Not like a striker at the other end.

I really think the team as a whole are struggling to find that creative outlet without having the obviouse creative midfeilder to get the ball to.

I can't really critisise the forwards to much over the last few games as they haven't been given to may goal scoring chances to work with (abit a couple of pens!!!), mainly being restricted to long shots from outside the area.

We also won't be the first team to look a little flat on a Sunday afternoon after a Thursday night UEFA game.

The way I look at it mate is the defence can not be blamed for the errors that have let in goals becuase they are under so much pressure all the time and thats down to the rest of the team and the tactics.

Individually Lescott, Yobo & Baines would have taken man of the match in most games this seasonIMO!

Agree, I feel the same every day, Dont worry everyone because once Arteta Graveson Cahill, Vaughan are back were only missing one class center midfielder from having a very strong best 11.

--------------Howard---------------

Jags-----Yobo------Lescott---Baines

-------------Graveson----------------

----Arteta--------?----------Cahill----

---------A.J-------------Yakubu------

People will say dont play Tommy there but he's getting on and he's a player who would make us pass it in that formation IMO.

Edited by Blue4Ever

so when we get this one class centre midfielder who will play on the left in one of the best teams in england? as most teams have at least one left footed player in their midfield (balance i believe)

whos gunna win us the ball in your midfield? tommy :lol: :lol: :lol:

cahill on the left wing (be right back, im just wiping up the mess after i just pissed my pants!)

if thats your formation of choice surely cahill would be central and bring in a lefty. jags wasted at RB while tommy is throwing in tackles he cant make

Edited by StevO

so when we get this one class centre midfielder who will play on the left in one of the best teams in england? as most teams have at least one left footed player in their midfield (balance i believe)

whos gunna win us the ball in your midfield? tommy :lol: :lol: :lol:

cahill on the left wing (be right back, im just wiping up the mess after i just pissed my pants!)

if thats your formation of choice surely cahill would be central and bring in a lefty. jags wasted at RB while tommy is throwing in tackles he cant make

Jags isnt wasted at rightback, So do you want Carsley or Neville to carry on losing us games we should be winning? Tommy's a decent player at least he can pass, if you look at the formation theres 3 across the middle so a ball winner wouldnt desperately be needed, if we can get a ball winner who can pass and create then is right! but is it gunna happen, is it fuck.

FFS Midfielders need to have more to there game than heading and tackling that must be all you notise, we would be alot better having Graveson in midfield on his own than Neville and Carsley together so what harm will it do? At least we would pass the ball!

Edited by Blue4Ever

where did i say i want neville or carsley to play?

i want jags in the midfield, i want cahill next to him, i want arteta out on the right and i want a wide player for the left side too.

look at the formation, theres 3 down the middle so a ball winner isnt needed.

then why put one in there?

every great team has one, they always have and they always will.

Real Madrid got mugged big time when they thought they got themselves a ball winner!

Jags can do that job fine!

if you want to play that formation (which is a formation i like by the way) we used manny as the wide left against watford last year and it worked. it is the formation i think we should use while we have no wingers, but id just use different players than you.

-------------Jags-------------

Grav------Cahill-----Arteta

or

--------------Jags-------------

Pienaar----Cahill-----Arteta

EDIT:

just a final note, before you keep bringing neville and carsley into it; read my post! no mention of neville or carsley, but your putting a ball winner in your side, for some reason you think i want it to be cars or nev, thou ive posted many times how impressive jags is in the midfireld! and the harm in having grav on his own in the middle comes from the many times that we all saw him leave massive space in the middle due to his headless chicken attacking style. (note; grav is an attacking player, and an attacking player only!)

Edited by StevO

where did i say i want neville or carsley to play?

i want jags in the midfield, i want cahill next to him, i want arteta out on the right and i want a wide player for the left side too.

look at the formation, theres 3 down the middle so a ball winner isnt needed.

then why put one in there?

every great team has one, they always have and they always will.

Real Madrid got mugged big time when they thought they got themselves a ball winner!

Jags can do that job fine!

if you want to play that formation (which is a formation i like by the way) we used manny as the wide left against watford last year and it worked. it is the formation i think we should use while we have no wingers, but id just use different players than you.

-------------Jags-------------

Grav------Cahill-----Arteta

or

--------------Jags-------------

Pienaar----Cahill-----Arteta

EDIT:

just a final note, before you keep bringing neville and carsley into it; read my post! no mention of neville or carsley, but your putting a ball winner in your side, for some reason you think i want it to be cars or nev, thou ive posted many times how impressive jags is in the midfireld!

Yer I do like that formation but we still need a central midfielder even if its Appiah who is meant to be able to pass and defend, I really dont like the idea of Neville in the team because Hibbert is a better rightback, but Jags is our best rightback. yes we could do with a left winger but theres no good getting one if we carnt get the ball to him.

Im with you on the watford performance, best ive seen us in ages.

either of them teams are the best we have at the moment but we still need to improve our midfield, if jags is going to be our defensive midfielder we need a rightback because untill Phil Neville is on the bench im not happy.

[/b]

Yer I do like that formation but we still need a central midfielder even if its Appiah who is meant to be able to pass and defend, I really dont like the idea of Neville in the team because Hibbert is a better rightback, but Jags is our best rightback. yes we could do with a left winger but theres no good getting one if we carnt get the ball to him.

Im with you on the watford performance, best ive seen us in ages.

either of them teams are the best we have at the moment but we still need to improve our midfield, if jags is going to be our defensive midfielder we need a rightback because untill Phil Neville is on the bench im not happy.

Jagielka is a centre mid / utility player by trade people only think he's a right back because that's where Warnock played him last season. In Sheff United's promotion season Jagielka played 90% of his games as a centre mid and covered several other positions!!

if we could get Appiah that would really make a difference. he is more than the quality we need!

i can live with hibbo at right back for a while longer if it meant spending the cash on the middle

I agree :mellow: but everyone knows Neville would play over Hibbo just because he's captain. Can anyone tell me anything Neville is better than Hibbo at? Hibbert is also a decent captain and I think he was are back up captain at one point a few years ago? I do always say this but its so true <_<

That Diego has signed a new deal at Bremen we would have been a class signing, id like Appiah here like looked class when they beat us 5-0 a few years back.

That Gonzales looked the business against the shite he would have been some signing.

I was harping on about getting this sort of player all summer - I think Manny was earmarked for this role, he was surpossed to be a combative player (although I thought he was a bit light weight in Prem terms for this sort of job). A player I really fancied for this Job was Joey Barton (I think he is going to do really well at Newcastle to be honest - and can see him become the corner stone ot their team).

Like pretty much everybody, I would love to see Appiah at the club, a player who would ensure we had the steel in the middle along with a little quality with distrobution. If you get a player like this its basically like having 1 and 1/2 players.

I am sure Moyes is aware we need this sort of player - but ones that are decent i.e can defend as needed and play the odd killer pass, are few and far between.

Trying to get Neville, Jags or Carsley to be the creative force is a little like trying to get a square peg in a round hole. It does the players any favours as it make them look, possibly unfairly a pile of poo - But what do you do when the more 'creative' ones are not available? One thing it does do is highlight Osmans in-effectivness as a midfeilder.