IGNORED

Karma (fernandes)

Just watching the Chelsea Valencia game and noticed Manny not in the squad, so I popped over to Wikipedia just to see what's going on and stumbled onto this gem.

Fernandes moved to Valencia CF in August 2007 for a fee of £12 million on a six year deal with a 60 million euro get out clause.[9][10] The move astonished Everton officals as Fernandes had verbally agreed to join Everton, and was even watching their match with Blackburn Rovers from the stands on 25 August.[11] He made his début as a substitution during a 2-1 away win against UD Almería on 2 September 2007. Since then however, Fernandes has been rumoured to be unsettled at the Mestalla club, having made few starts for Valencia and being mainly used as a substitute.

Doesn't like it in spain eh :(

Isn't that just too bad?

Would rather the club moves forwards and makes the Appiah speculation a reality either in Jan or end of season. Bringing in Manny now would not be the right move and I think it would unsettle a very sound team spirit. I wish the lad the best, but I really do think he will, if he isn't already, regret his decision.

Would rather the club moves forwards and makes the Appiah speculation a reality either in Jan or end of season. Bringing in Manny now would not be the right move and I think it would unsettle a very sound team spirit. I wish the lad the best, but I really do think he will, if he isn't already, regret his decision.

exactly, if we came back for him now it would make us look desperate, we would be crawling to a player who rejected us. i would much rather take appiah

lets be honest, manny wont be coming here anyway, but if we had the oportunity again, he is a fantastic talent. im sure he'll go a long way in the game.

with his third party deal he may have had little say in where he was going. but if you want to point the finger, and i do, mine is firmly pointed at mr david moyes. we had the lad here for 6 months! and they try to get him a few days before the deadline! this could have been tied up in may if it wasnt for the club/board/manager not making a decision

Stevo - there has been murmurings of it being what Wyness calls a 'red herring'. Apparently on 22nd August we applied for a loan of £25million from the Barclays capital group. We used this to pay of the remains of previous loan (£14million) leaving us with between £11 million and £12 million. As I recall prior to this we had no money to purchase new players and people were a bit upset that we couldn't strengthen for the new season and many expected Manny to go back to Benfica. Then it was announced that we were in for Yakubu and one of Fernandes and Lucho... yet we 'only' had £11million in the kitty and that was borrowed at rate of 8.55% over two years apparently?

There is no way we could have afforded two of those players, some people feel it was a stitch up and that the Manny bid was only made to appease the Kirkby no-voters. I don't know how valid those claims are but if they were found to be true then the people running the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Personally I would have Manny back in an instant and I do not beleive that he would have purposefully shafted us. He had been telling people all week that he was signing for us and had his picture taken with fans in Nandos. He had agreed personal terms but the move just wasn't going ahead for whatever reason.