IGNORED

Van Der Meyde In Europe

Moyski

I was getting a little desperate last night and wondered if he would be any good in these type of games, it opened up at the end and i reckon he would have ran at them and created some chances, we should get him involved in these games coming up.

I can see where your coming from but he does not look at all sharpe enough to play and make a difference, maybe for half an hour or less. The opposition will only get better in this competition so could he cope, probably yes he has played big games before in europe but would we want him to play with the attitude he seems to have of late

I think on this ome it is a matter of time will tell. VDM has made a lot of heart felt comments that will either be the making or breaking of his career at Everton. Personally, as much as his career so far with us has frustrated the hell out of me, I still think he is ine of the most talented players we have had on our books. If he is sincere, he will bide his time, gently break back into the 1st team and earn his place and the fans respect. I think he has been through enough on a personal level as well as a professional one to know that he probably won't get many more chance to make a real name for himself in football for the right reasons.

Will he be important in Europe, absolutely. Providing he knuckles down and works hard, he could be inspirational, providing we don't have too many games where we have to fly that is. :rolleyes:

All i am saying is that with a game as big as the Metalsit one i really don't think that playing someone with VDM reputation is anywhere near a good idea. I think give him a run out against Luton, but he's hardly the answer to our european problems, if he was he woould have established himself in the squad along time ago. Get his fitness up with the reserves and then play him against smaller oposition, but for me its still early days to be considered for european competition, he needs to earn his place.

Oh and Moyski, i was making a joke, and not even at you, so lighten up... darling

ran at them? he can run! you learn something new everyday

Its people like you who get me down. I no your only joking but if your daugther/son was seriously ill u wudlnt be able to sleep at night. Think how hard it must be for him. If I were him i no footie would be the last thing on my mind. So please just give him a break.

I know about everything with his daughter, and i agree with the fact that its harsh and wouldn't wish that on any, and and i have said this before. But in complete fairness he has had alot of problems with everton before the problems with his daughter. It has NOT started since then. Don't start making me out to be a villain, i didn't say anything about his daugher or anything about his supposed alchohol problems. His family issues further my point that at the moment he shoudn't be playing for everton, it wouldnt be fair to make him play as he has more pressing matters and if he did play why put him into such an important game when his mind would obviously else where. If you had problems with your children i really dont think you;d want to jet around europe.

I understand that VDM has had recent problems, but to excuse all the problems in his whole everton career on these recent developments is short sighted and over sentimental