IGNORED

Call Yourself Fans!

I came into work this monring and read thw whole metalist thread from last night and you people who call for moyes to be sacked are a joke!!!

We weren't rubbish we were avreage and we did enough to get through!!!

I wouldn't mind if everyone slated the team for playing bad but you pick out players like Yak and Jags and say they aren't worthy to wear the shirt. B@llocks!!!! they had an off day and now you want them dropped when last week when Yak scored against Sheff wed AJ needed to be dropped.

The biggest joke is the slating of Beattie. He worked hard for the team but couldn't get a goal so he had to go. Now Yak doesn't work hard but scores the odd goal he isn't worthy.

Grow up and support your team. they are currently winning despite your crap support not because of it.

Theres such a thing as winning with style, or even winning deservedly.

Calm down Bobby, those who seem the harshest are normally those who care most about the team, you can give credit when its due, but can also give stick when its due.

If you where happy about the way the team played last night then good for you, you must have been the only one.

The reason I was pissed off last night (and for the last couple of weeks) is because Everton are worth so much more than what they are giving at the mo.

Remeber these are professional players who play in the hardest league in the world, if they have an off game then they should get penalized.

Millons of blokes would give their right nut to play at this level.

I don't mind you slating players for having a bad game but really what has Yak done that bad. So he hasn't settled in as quick as you would like. Faddy was inconsistent and crap last season according to you guys but now he is in form he is the dogs.

All this crap about VDM His daughter has been born with some major damage and all we do is say what a drunk he is. I know if my daghter had been born with the same porblems the tribulations of a saturday afternoon would pale insignificance. We hounded beattie out of the club lets not do the same to AJ + Yak two worldclass players.

I don't mind you slating players for having a bad game but really what has Yak done that bad. So he hasn't settled in as quick as you would like. Faddy was inconsistent and crap last season according to you guys but now he is in form he is the dogs.

All this crap about VDM His daughter has been born with some major damage and all we do is say what a drunk he is. I know if my daghter had been born with the same porblems the tribulations of a saturday afternoon would pale insignificance. We hounded beattie out of the club lets not do the same to AJ + Yak two worldclass players.

I Agree with all that.

I came into work this monring and read thw whole metalist thread from last night and you people who call for moyes to be sacked are a joke!!!

I wouldn't mind if everyone slated the team for playing bad but you pick out players like Yak and Jags and say they aren't worthy to wear the shirt. B@llocks!!!! they had an off day and now you want them dropped when last week when Yak scored against Sheff wed AJ needed to be dropped.

The biggest joke is the slating of Beattie. He worked hard for the team but couldn't get a goal so he had to go. Now Yak doesn't work hard but scores the odd goal he isn't worthy.

Grow up and support your team. they are currently winning despite your crap support not because of it.

1. we were shit... we got outplayed football wise, and can consider ourselves fortunate to be through

2. jags had a bad game but also last week, so i don't think he should have played...yak is overrated, and he deserves a slating, otherwise he'll continue to do fuck all

3. we support our team that's why we're concerned

4. yak isn't worthy, and beattie was shit for us, not entirely his fault, he just have a nack of making decent players into garbage. beattie didn't work hard either IMO. but each to their own. also a key arguement is that yakubu cost 11 mil, and anichebe came through the ranks.... vic is hungry and has worked whereas yak has done fuck all...so forgive us for expecting a bit more and being annoyed with yakubu when he's not showing anything at all that suggests the deal we made wasn't a foolish one.

it pisses me off when a result changes the opinion of the performance.... if we play shite and are fortunate, we still played poorly. ok last night wasn't perhaps the worst performance ever, but it was bad.

Edited by CraccerC

I don't mind you slating players for having a bad game but really what has Yak done that bad.

Yes!!! I agree with pretty much everything you have said in both threads, but I can't help feeling you have a bit of a thing about criticism of Everton players by Evertonians. I absolutely agree that fickle slagging of players is at times hard to read, but it is mostly passionate supporters just blowing cobwebs.

With respect to VDM, I do think the lad has been through a lot personally and I feel for him, but lets not forget that he is a professional footballer and his job is to play football for Everton at the moment. Everton would not have disciplined him if there was justifiable reasons for his actions, and lets also not forget, a lot of his antics happened before the problems arose with his daughter.

As licker says, criticism where it's due and praise where it's due. If you really think Yak is being harshly judged, I think you need to take those blue glasses off and have a reality check. He is not cutting the mustard, fact.

1. we were shit... we got outplayed football wise, and can consider ourselves fortunate to be through

2. jags had a bad game but also last week, so i don't think he should have played...yak is overrated, and he deserves a slating, otherwise he'll continue to do fuck all

3. we support our team that's why we're concerned

4. yak isn't worthy, and beattie was shit for us, not entirely his fault, he just have a nack of making decent players into garbage. beattie didn't work hard either IMO. but each to their own. also a key arguement is that yakubu cost 11 mil, and anichebe came through the ranks.... vic is hungry and has worked whereas yak has done fuck all...so forgive us for expecting a bit more and being annoyed with yakubu when he's not showing anything at all that suggests the deal we made wasn't a foolish one.

it pisses me off when a result changes the opinion of the performance.... if we play shite and are fortunate, we still played poorly. ok last night wasn't perhaps the worst performance ever, but it was bad.

Spot on mate. I hate this 'Uber' fan bollocks, where you have to wear blue tinted glasses. We were pathetic, and result could have easily been another Bucharest.

Jags was terrible, i'll save judgement when he's played at the back, but from what i've seen, he cant trap or pass a ball, Neville mark 2 comes to mind. He spends whole game shadow boxing, he also looks slow.

As for Moyes, he needs to stop being pig headed and learn from mistakes, he cant see whats in front of him at times. Any more performances like that in Europe will see us take a few hidings.

moyes has a lot to learn, and i'm behind him most of the time, but if he allows yakubu to go on like this im not going to be happy at all.... also the decision to leave baines out was somewhat bizarre.... no knock to my knowledge? but i thought he'd been our best player so far this season

Totally agree, yes everyone has a right to their say but this Moyes must go attitude is bollocks. The man has given us our self respect back after years of fighting relegation. He's been in charge for 5 years now and in that time we have made incredible strides towards the top.

Are we that bored with not fighting a relegation battle for so long??

Yes he's got his faults but he's still comparatively young and inexperienced and we are very lucky to have him committed to the club.

And I Love him, there I've said it!!

Are we a small minded club ?

I keep seeing coments about this player or that player being left out

SQUAD ROTATION FFS

I think a lot of the critism of last night is not over exagerated, we were poor, but we live to fight another day

Thats a step in the right direct based on previous European campaigns

What do you do with a player like Yakubu?

He seems to have the fans split in their opinions! Here's a couple of thoughts.

Why isn't he match fit? surely he could have been playing somewhere and training! Usually when a player comes to a new club they try and impress with effort and commitment, just to show that they really wanted the move, remember Beattie running through the back of that Chelsea defender and getting sent off....and I thought Beattie always gave 100%.

Byt my worry is! If Yakubu is giving us 100% at the moment ie in effort, then I sure as hell hope he doesn't take his foot of the pedal.

I really didn't think Nugent or Smith were right for Everton.....but after watching Yakubu in atcion then I think they may have been better buys.

I really hope Yakubu comes good....but have we really got to lay it on a plate for him?

Maybe it could be the making of Anichebe!....he's seen the £11million man come in as the man who would lead Evertons attack.....but he's been replaced by the LAD, who has come on as a sub and in some ways put him to shame, how good must that make Anichebe feel,what must he do to stay ahead of Yakubu! Train harder, work harder.......Like wise Yakubu where's his fighting spirit....raise your game mate if you want to stay ahead of the boy! Put a bit more effort in mate.....and I bloody well hope you play against Newcastle and score a hatrick.

What do you do with a player like Yakubu?

He seems to have the fans split in their opinions! Here's a couple of thoughts.

Why isn't he match fit? surely he could have been playing somewhere and training! Usually when a player comes to a new club they try and impress with effort and commitment, just to show that they really wanted the move, remember Beattie running through the back of that Chelsea defender and getting sent off....and I thought Beattie always gave 100%.

Byt my worry is! If Yakubu is giving us 100% at the moment ie in effort, then I sure as hell hope he doesn't take his foot of the pedal.

I really didn't think Nugent or Smith were right for Everton.....but after watching Yakubu in atcion then I think they may have been better buys.

I really hope Yakubu comes good....but have we really got to lay it on a plate for him?

Maybe it could be the making of Anichebe!....he's seen the £11million man come in as the man who would lead Evertons attack.....but he's been replaced by the LAD, who has come on as a sub and in some ways put him to shame, how good must that make Anichebe feel,what must he do to stay ahead of Yakubu! Train harder, work harder.......Like wise Yakubu where's his fighting spirit....raise your game mate if you want to stay ahead of the boy! Put a bit more effort in mate.....and I bloody well hope you play against Newcastle and score a hatrick.

It's not looking good at the minute for him but his pre season must have been disrupted and don't think he's match fit. He's only been here a few weeks and still settling in and getting fit so will make a judgement after he's completed a season.

Thankfully we've got players who can come for him with Vic improving all the time (I may have been wrong about him) and Vaughan geting fit.

No need to push the panic button on the Yak yet though!

Theres no way Yak is giving us 100% but to be fair I'm not him so I don't know the reasoning behind it, he might just be having a hard time settling in, or he might just be lazy lol. Either way I think its too early to turn on the guy after all he's a blue now so we should support him or he'll end up moving to Sheff United and becoming the Championship top goal scorer which is what a certain individual predicted, sorry went off a bit there lol!!

We wernt great last night but the way I see it is If we can go away in a European game, play poorly and still overcome a deficit that says something about our team/manager doesn't it??

Totally agree there mate. i thought this thread was about not slaking the players off but we are. Wer gettin worse than Liverpool fans when a player has a bad game get on his back and call him for everthing but FFS get of OUR players backs and give them the support they need.

Totally agree there mate. i thought this thread was about not slaking the players off but we are. Wer gettin worse than Liverpool fans when a player has a bad game get on his back and call him for everthing but FFS get of OUR players backs and give them the support they need.

I don't feel the need to criticise other clubs players though, funnily enough I don't have the passion to give a toss what their players do. But when an Everton player plays bad then it bothers me. Hard to understand I know.

I dont think its hard to understand

I thinka little bit of balance wouldnt go a miss, most people are up and down like the underwear on one of wayne rooneys prosie grannies

I was Laughing at liverpool booing there players and it just goes to show how fans are never happy

Last year they were in the euro final the year before won the fa cup, the year before that they had that fluky win

Cant believe I missed this topic.

How can you say we werent rubbish?????. Did you watch the game? The first half display was prob one of the worst Ive seen us play.

Yakubu was crap, Jags was crap. If you couldnt see that then I believe you probably dont get football and were probably last to be picked for the team at school or wherever.

You say "Grow up and support your team". Does our motto NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM mean nothing to you??????????????????

Perhaps Nothing but average is good enough in your eyes but some of us want nothing but the best.

Edited by Ex-Pat-Sefton

You don't get the best over night!! it takes time and Moyes is taking us in the right direction! so when we have a bad display (Not even a bad result) everyone's knee jerk reaction is sack the manager and sell yak. Is it me or is Ronalihno 9The best player in the world) getting slated for under performing at the moment. Players do have off days Yak/Vic/Faddy?AJ are all off the mark this season and except arsenal and Tores no otehr stiker has really scored a hat full yet so back off and give them all time.