IGNORED

South Africa Businessman Wants To Buy Everton

Louis

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

BOKS IN SHOCK RAID FOR EVERTON

EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon

Everton are the target of a takeover bid by mystery South African businessmen with Merseyside allies - and chairman Bill Kenwright is considering the approach.

The surprise news comes as the Goodison club look to finance the move to their new stadium in Kirkby and make sure they are strong enough to compete in the transfer market.

Kenwright and new backer Robert Earl have been contacted by leading Everton fans who are the intermediaries.

Showbiz impresario Kenwright has kept control of Everton during a turbulent time in their history when they battled hard to stay in topfour contention despite the need to move ground and bring in more funds.

Billionaire Earl, the man behind the Planet Hollywood empire, took a stake in Everton last season and Philip Green, their mutual friend and fellow tycoon, is also involved in the discussions.

Kenwright has proudly led Everton and would be reluctant to sell - or bring in foreign money - unless he was happy with the cash and was satisfied the new people had his beloved club at heart.

This is the guy apparently: http://www.whoswhosa.co.za/Pages/profilefull.aspx?IndID=1823

Speculation....but interesting speculation. Like to know who it is/they are, so we don't end up as a money laundering exercise.

Edit...just noticed the end of your post Louis....sry. At least he's a real Evertonian, be great if we are to get investment that it comes from a Blue.

Will Kenwright really want to give up on having power? I doubt it.

I've said before and I still think that he will stand down if he thinks it's right for the club.

Edited by MikeO

To be honest Premiership clubs are a prime investment these days - I think we have only see the tip of the iceberg when i comes to club values and investment - I wouldn't be suprised if we see on or two of the clubs bought over the last two or three year be sold for a healthy profit.

Everton once we get a new ground ( a argument itself but plent of this going on elsewhere) sorted will be prime investment candidates mark my words. Their is no need for us panic sell to to any Tom, Dick or Shinawatra.

The club are fairly stable teamwise, the squad is decent (perhaps not spectacular), it is young and it is worth a fair few pounds, its not season in season out relegation material these days.

I think the board can wait until the best all around investment proposal is put on the table.

I believe Shinawatra was interested in Everton, but only after Liverpool turned him down, we didn't show much interest in him next thing he is the new Man City owner. from Liverpool, via Everton to Man City in a matter of months. Now is own county are after bringing him to trial after being their Prime Minister. Man City with Sven as manager are flighing high, lets just wait until the honeymoon period is over on this one as we are only a couple of month in to this regime. I for one am glad Kenwright didn't just take the money are run from this man.

Out of interest, is their anybody out their who wishes Shinawatra was our current owner?

My feeling is that Everton will be sold in the next 3 or 4 year, and I am also sure that Kenwright isn't going to just sell it to some random businessman - Who just wants any old Premiership club.

If the latest roumour is about a chap who is stinking rich (or looks after the money of sticking rich) and is a big Everton fan then who know.

looking a little deeper on the warwick site i found this little bit of info.

WARWICK

says he rermains a commited evertonian, also looks like his dad is a director of his company, and also a shareholder in everton fc. these guys do a lot for charity, seems like decent people, know how to take care of finances, and are evertonians. seems ideal to me

i took it upon myself to email the guy last nite, got a reply from his PA this morning.

Dear Stephen

Mr. Kilbride is not in our Cape Town office this week and is leaving for Brisbane Australia on Friday, he will be back in SA on the 5th November. He picks up his mail fairly frequently, but it is also diverted to me as his PA, while he travels around.

Obviously it is not appropriate for me to comment on any stories that involve his business interests, but I am sure he will reply to you directly when informed of your interest. We all know at WARWICK that he is a passionate Everton fan, as every time they win he pins an Everton banner and scarves across our reception area and generally appears to be a lot happier, personally I think it is just to annoy those at WARWICK who support Liverpool!

Take care

Regards

Wendy van der Merwe

PA to Ian Kilbride

Chairman and CEO

The Warwick Group

Edited by StevO

Big balls there Steve. Great e-mail, particularly, well, all of it. Lets hope you get that reply from him and it is as encouraging as the speculation.

Incidently, it will be an opportunity for Kenwright to show his true integrity, he has been quoted many times thathe would happily stand aside if someone with money who was right for the club came in. Can't think of a better candidate profile, can you??????

Pins scarfs up and everything. What a Bluenose :D

Maybe some of his charity work involves employing Liverpool fans?

What did your original email say 'Stephen'? ;)

Pat - if you find him, dont let him leave without writing a fat cheque out to one W. Kenwright.

here you go Louis, there must be plenty of kopites in SA, we'll theres none here in Liverpool, they must be somewhere!

Hi,

my name is Stephen. I am a member of an Evertonian internet forum called www.toffeetalk.com

We are quite a large community of Evertonians with almost 2000 members (1905 at this very moment).

I'm not emailing you to ask for money for the forum, or anything untoward like that.

Basically, i'm going to be a little bit cheeky.

There is currently a rumour going around, coming from an article in The People by Alan Nixon, about you having an interest in buying our great club.

We understand you, like ourselves, are a massive Evertonian. And with your business knowledge, being a blue and also your good charity work, you are pretty much a dream candidate.

So i was wondering if it would be possible for you to give us a quote regarding this rumour. I totally understand if you do not want your business being splashed around in public, but if you could comment at all we would be most grateful, or even if you were to register on our site and post a comment publicly that would be welcome.

I hope you don't find this email too intrusive.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Bracken (StevO)

www.toffeetalk.com

I wouldnt mind having this fella in at Everton. At least hes a Everton fan and hes rich! I think Everton have led the way long enough as a big club with no investor and I really think that Everton need a inverstor because otherwise were going to fall behind and we will be getting relagated because even clubs like Leiscter have big investors si u wouldnt mind as long as BK and RE still have somthing to do in the club.

now i can see the headlines - StevO spearheads the takeover!

Go for it mate, lbh the only way we will get rid of Bill is with a Doug Ellis style fans revolt, the Sultan of Brunei could offer Bill a billion pounds in cash for the club and Bill would still find a reason to say no. we are stuck with him as far as i can see.