IGNORED

Alkmaar

I don't think anybody is looking forward to playing AZ roy! We'll enjoy the experience of playing in Europe. We know you are good side who play attractive football and it will be an interesting battle!

It's a shame your stadium is only 16,000 though... it makes it very difficult for people to get tickets.

Gauw tot ziens :D

I don't think anybody is looking forward to playing AZ roy! We'll enjoy the experience of playing in Europe. We know you are good side who play attractive football and it will be an interesting battle!

It's a shame your stadium is only 16,000 though... it makes it very difficult for people to get tickets.

EEK - Just been trying to book a flight (and finding it difficult) hadn't even considered tickets. We'll probably only get 2 - 2.5k then I'd guess which means very slim chance of getting one.

Anyone know how far Alkmaar is from Amsterdam (i.e. hour train ride etc.?)

Its about 24 miles inland from Amsterdam, here you go sheedy..............

Alkmaar is served by Intercity trains from Amsterdam, 4 trains per hour, journey time 35-40 minutes. These Intercity trains start in Nijmegen or Maastricht, and stop at Utrecht, Amsterdam-Sloterdijk station, and they connect with trains to and from Schiphol Airport.

i know about the stadium we are gonna extend it to 40000 in a year or2

tot ziens in Alkmaar ps Why do people in liverpool called scousers ?

From what I've been told, German sailors used to eat 'Labskaus' on the ships and they shared the recipe with people in Liverpool. Because people enjoyed the recipe, over time they have been become skausers / scousers.

verry funny people in Alkmaar called kaaskoppen <Cheeseheads>because Alkmaar is the citty of cheese

Its about 24 miles inland from Amsterdam, here you go sheedy..............

Alkmaar is served by Intercity trains from Amsterdam, 4 trains per hour, journey time 35-40 minutes. These Intercity trains start in Nijmegen or Maastricht, and stop at Utrecht, Amsterdam-Sloterdijk station, and they connect with trains to and from Schiphol Airport.

Thanks Licker much appreciated. Was concerned about missing last train back to 'Dam but for 24 miles could always get a taxi.

Waiting for the ticket allocation....can get to Amsterdam and back for less than £100 on Easyjet, and have a brother-in-law in Dam (who had a baby last week, wife would love to visit). Even if we get 4,000 though I'll be lucky to get one....well down the pecking order :( .