IGNORED

Barnsley Want To Keep Anderson Permanently

Louis

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/636768.html

Barnsley's Simon Davey is set to make another approach to David Moyes to try and keep Anderson de Silva for a third month.

The Brazilian midfielder has been a big hit at Oakwell and has already had his loan deal extended by a month on one occasion and now they would like to extend it further.

Rules state that he can only extend his deal to a maximum of 93 days although he could make the move permanent when the transfer window opens in January.

The 25-year-old from Sao Paula has been ever-present for Barnsley in the league since joining on August 23.

With our present midfield in Chaos, we could do with him playing here.

Mind you, in 8 games for them he has had 4 yellow cards, so he does'nt mind getting stuck in, but he's better with the ball than some we've got here.

Exactly mate, he's one to get stuck into tackles, reminds me a bit like Gilberto for Arsenal, Not only because he's from Brazil he plays like him. Obviously he is a differant class but he's like a Carlsey whos comfortable on the ball, something we could do with atm IMO.

id be happy to let him stay there till the summer, then see how hes coping with the english game. playing week in week out can only be good for him

Its true that you can only extend the loan by 3 months. IMO I would extend his loan by three months so give him even more experience. I wouldn't let him go. If Barnsley are crazy about him then he must be good (and Barnsley arnt that bad). As some one said near the top of this thread that if we sell him Barnsley will make millions in the next two years anyway I dont think Moyes will let him go. Moyes never bought him for nothing now did he!

Came on for about 2 mins against charlton at the end of last season. and has played a few pre-season games, scoring one goal. but his performances were innconsistant.

I think we should keep him, we had enough hassle getting him here in the first place so we may as well give the lad a chance. and he's impressed at barnsely so should be settling into the english style of play. Dont think he's gonna light up the league but will be good to make up numbers

• 2 weeks later...

he's back at Goodison now

"Meanwhile, Anderson de Silva has returned to Everton following his loan spell at Barnsley.

Barnsley manager Simon Davey hoped to keep de Silva but the midfielder has turned down the opportunity to extend his stay in Yorkshire.

He said: “Anderson has returned to Everton and will not be coming back.

“He wants to fight for his place at Goodison Park.”

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

down at the bottom of the article