IGNORED

Is Stevie P The New Arteta?

Stevie P has come in and started sslowly but solidly. there have been glimpses of what he is really capable of and he is getting better and more atune to the requirements of the prem Although I don't think he is a left winger but more a CM. Also in his favour we keep hearing this quote than he was one of the best players in europe a year ago. This is all very similar to how arteta arrived and developed at the club. Do you think he can go on to become as good as arteta?

Stevie P has come in and started sslowly but solidly. there have been glimpses of what he is really capable of and he is getting better and more atune to the requirements of the prem Although I don't think he is a left winger but more a CM. Also in his favour we keep hearing this quote than he was one of the best players in europe a year ago. This is all very similar to how arteta arrived and developed at the club. Do you think he can go on to become as good as arteta?

Personally i don't think he has that edge about him that Arteta has, this quick glimpse up at the defender and Wham he's past you. He may not be a Left Winger but he doesn't have the build to play as a CM, and he has a fight on his hands to get their, Gravs and Tim will be the 1st choice(knowing Moyes i meant to say Neville and Tim). but he has had the odd flash off inspiration, but i would have preffered to have Manny, he had a lot of skill(Man Utd Game, Ripped 4 of their players to pieces) and scored an awsome goal. But No I don't Think he will end up as good as arteta, he seems to have the Determination but i don't think he's entirely sure what to do when he gets in good positions,(i.e His Goal when he just slid in and luked like it came off his shins)

But i would like him to become as good as Mikel but i just don't see him having the Confidence in himself to take on Defenders of shooting from a Distance!

I was very impressed with peanuts away at Bolton earlier this season against a big aggressive side, since then he's not quite reached where he needs to be to command a regular slot in the starting 11 but I think he's getting better each week as he adapts to the pace and aggresion of the prem.

He is very similar to Osman in that he shows moments of class but is easily pushed off the ball but I believe he could develop into a little gem with more experience, either way he's better than Osman IMO and for 3mil (I think thats the asking price) would be a good replacement. We would also proberbly get 3mil + for Osman in todays market!!

As for as good as Mickey well we'll see but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

But i would like him to become as good as Mikel but i just don't see him having the Confidence in himself to take on Defenders of shooting from a Distance!

i don't agree with that, i have seen him do both. pretty sure he had atleast one decent effort (just over the bar iirc) from outside the box against metallist kharkiv when we were 2-1 down.

i definitely want him here and think he could be a good first teamer for a few years, he'll do the job while Moyes strengthens other areas and who knows what he could become, at 2-3m we'll definately make a profit off him.

Edited by Ash_

when i used to go and watch Ajax, he did play in the centre sometimes, often behind the strikers 'in the hole' so to speak. he has'nt got Artetas build or strength, so he's always going to get knocked off the ball easy, he's not a better player, but long-term i reckon he'll be more consistent than Arteta, he's certanly better than Osman/VDM/Gravesen so for the price we have to bring him in on a long-term deal.

I think he could eb as good as arteta it's a shame we are not talking about Jags the same way we refer to baines lescott and SP.

Yer it is, Im not impressed with him in midfield if thats what he's been signed for.

If Pienaar can improve on what he's already doing, then maybe he can match what Arteta is now. When I first seen Mikel he didn't look that good but look what he can do now, so lets see how Stevie is later in the season and we may have another bargain.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Pienaar is one of my favourite signings this year and we absolutely must buy him, if only for the business sense. I agree that he will not be as good in the Premiership as Arteta, due to a lack of physical presence, but I do think think he could be as good, or even better in European games or against lesser opposition in the cups. He is a very tricky customer and we are still way off seeing the best from him. I am sure The Prisoner will back me up, when he played for Ajax, he was very influential in games and has a nutural ability to unlock defenses. His quick pasiing game is awesome and he has a great football brain. The other thing is, how much would you have to pay for Arteta now???? If these rumours of Spanish interest are true, wouldn't Pienaar be a good replacement. I think so, particulalry if we buy some strength in midfield in January.