IGNORED

The Yak

Sickboy

Ive still got faith that he will be a quality player for us, but only if moyes starts gving him some games. We spent alot of money on him, IMO needs a consistent run in the team. Everygame ive saw him in, he's working hard each time. He's still below par, but he'll stay below par sitting on the bench.

But this is just IMO

Ive still got faith that he will be a quality player for us, but only if moyes starts gving him some games. We spent alot of money on him, IMO needs a consistent run in the team. Everygame ive saw him in, he's working hard each time. He's still below par, but he'll stay below par sitting on the bench.

But this is just IMO

I Agree there...he needs a chance.

Aye, i think if we play more like we did v larissa where we had some great spells when we kept the ball on the ground, we can see a different player. Thats the kind of player he is he likes to keep it down and not have to leave the ground for silly headers which i have noticed he aint that good at. Or is that just me?

i think the problem is that to have the luxury of a man just sat in the box waiting, the other players need to be making the sacrifice if you get what i mean. when ruud was at united he just sat in the box while the rest of the side do the hard work, but they knew he would make up for it with goals, i hope we can do that too

Yeah, I think that if we're playing progressive football then we'll get the best out of him, and score more goals, attract better players etc... The thing is that Yak is good enough on the ball to get involved in the build up play as well, and he's more likely to be able to do that when we're playing well, be it with another forward or someone like Cahill. It means we have to start integrating a passing, more skilful mentality into our hard-to-beat mentality, which is only a good thing.

Dont get over exited he was just about to get pulled off, Victor was standing on the sideline waiting to replace him, thats how bad he was playing. I honestly havent seen anything in his game to get exited about, i must be looking at a different player to you lot.

Dont get over excited he was just about to get pulled off, Victor was standing on the sideline waiting to replace him, thats how bad he was playing. I honestly havent seen anything in his game to get excited about, i must be looking at a different player to you lot.

In all fairness Bill he played better yesterday and did alot of chasing down defenders. Still miles off the pace but I think it's starting to sink in with him he need's to be a team player and the team are realising you need to hit his feet or he'll be ineffective!

i didnt think he played bad at all, he linked up better, dropped back into our half to get the ball. i think he did well

Yer I do aswell, If A.J can run the channels and do what he has been doing the last few years then Yak will score 20 goals easy, thats if there both up front together all season ands were not changing tactics and team selection.

In all fairness Bill he played better yesterday and did alot of chasing down defenders. Still miles off the pace but I think it's starting to sink in with him he need's to be a team player and the team are realising you need to hit his feet or he'll be ineffective!

And there it is. The reason Yak looked better is because he is, as you say, starting to realise that Evertons success lies in the players working for each other, with no exceptions. If he can manage to now improve on his performance, I think he will find himself settle and be right at home. After reading Cahills interview about staying, and the fans passion for players who play for the team, he must be starting to see this clubs deep rooted 'one for all and all for one' attitude. Just look at our side 84-87, not many top class players in there, but Everton were one of the most respected and feared clubs, because they were a proper team.