IGNORED

Cahill Want's To End Career At Everton

Louis

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2831114,00.html

Tim Cahill has handed Everton a boost by declaring he would be happy to end his career at Goodison Park.

The Australian, who marked his return to action with a goal against Larissa in the Uefa Cup on Thursday, says he is content with life on Merseyside.

The former Millwall star signed a new long-term deal at Everton in the summer and he admits he would be delighted to stay at the club even longer.

Career

"There's a great camaraderie and ability here and if I go on to play the rest of my career at Goodison I'll be the happiest player ever," Cahill told The People.

"There was a lot of talk in the summer about me moving on but I signed a new deal because this club is getting bigger and bigger.

"We have a state of the art training ground, there's a new stadium on the way and we have a manager who wants success - that's what made me stay.

"The fans like me, I like them. There's mutual respect. We should be looking at top six in the Premier League every season and hopefully some cup runs along the way. We're in mid-table now but hopefully not for long."

Fitness

Cahill, who has been blighted by two broken metatarsals in the last six months, has revealed he may have to cut back on his international commitments with Australia to safeguard his fitness.

"Now I have to be careful because I want to be around for a long time, which will mean limiting appearances for my country," concluded Cahill.

Great player who perhaps his best is still yet to come.Not too sure about cutting down on the internationals though!.....Would like to see it, but I think when the Aussies call.....if he's fit he'll go!

Maybe if he's around for a good few years and we win a couple of things, helped by his goals then he will be thought of like Alan Ball.Would be nice!