IGNORED

Best Striker?

jofanon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to say really. at the moment i don't think we have one striker who must start every game. depends who we are playing, what style we are aiming for and who else is starting.

AJ is probably one of the strikers who will always be near the top of the list if not top of this list for his work rate alone. But i don't think any of our strikers are untouchable

for me its out of A.J, Yak, and Vaughan

A.J - maybe 10 goals a season, loads of assists, alot of hard work.

Yak - when provided 20 goals a season, quite a few assists, not much work rate.

Vaughan - Mixture of both but bit less class, but imo will be alot better than both of them in a few years, do we start to develop him in the first team now?

Lets have them all :D

-----------------Howard--------------------

--Jags----Yobo---------Lescott---Baines--

------------------Carsley-------------------

-------Arteta----------------Cahill---------

--Vaughan----------------------------A.J--

--------------------Yak---------------------

Only messing haha, we would get slaughtered with that lineup.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I'm not going on "best striker" more of a striker who is worth his place.......

1 .. ANDREW JOHNSON

2 .. JAMES VAUGHAN

3 .. VICTOR ANICHEBE

4 .. AYEGBENI YAKUBU

As far as i'm concerned Yakubu still looks lazy and totally uninterested, all the moves yesterday came to an end when the ball reached him, i still havent seen him win a challenge for a header even against smaller defenders, i think Michael Owen wins more Headers and he's a midget in comparison. In my opinion Anichebe causes defences far more problems, and deserves to be ahead, Yakubu will have to work and try a lot harder to convince me.

As for Andrew Johnson AND James Vaughan we already know what they can do and with the new Football Playing Midfield pushing balls through for them, i think they will score a lot of goals, unless Moyes spoils it all by bringing back Hibbert, Stubbs and Neville, the worst culprits for the big hoof upfield.

Yak scored one yesterday and with his dummy created Arteta's.

That's an OK afternoon isn't it?

I can't see Anichebe playing that dummy.

Just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't make him worthless.

I couldnt see Anichebe playing that Dummy either, because he was'nt on the pitch so we will never know.

I didnt say anything about Yakubu being Worthless, my Choice's were based on who deserves to be playing on Merit.

The first goal Yakubu scored was from about 2 yards out into an open goal after AJ laid it on a plate, the goal yesterday was provided by a brilliant pass from Pienaar which left him in the clear with no defender near him, you or i could have scored both those goals.

I havent seen him do anything that the other strikers could'nt have done equally well, but the other strikers do have a bit more to their game, so i am not going to get excited and boost him up as someone special until he shows me he can do something special.

Thats my opinion and you are quite entitled to agree or disagree with it, thats your perogative but it wont alter my view.

Its obvious no matter how many Yakubu score's a percentage of everton fans wont like him because of his way of playing. If he is running round like a headless chicken like A.J he wouldnt be around the box to score, that was so many fans critisisms of A.J because he was never in the box, put the 2 lads together they might just make a hell of a partnership.

I really do like Vaughan up front, but he is still quite young and were going to have to keep real care of him to keep him injury free, for this season id play vaughan coming of the bench with Yak + A.J up front, that way we can nurse him into the first team for years to come.

If we can get a good center midfielder in who does the job Osman has been doing the last 2 games, but its a bit more physical, lets get him in and play some 4 1 3 2 which would then suit all our players and we might see us rocket up the league and a few cups runs and maybe a Eufa cup WIN :P

----------------Howard-----------------

Jags----Yobo---------Lescott----Baines

-----------------???----------------------

--Arteta-----Cahill-----Pienaar/Osman

-----------A.J---------Yakubu-----------

Wer 1 quality defensive midfielder from having a team capable of challenging the big 4.

Personally for now id like to see how Graveson would do there, I know he's more of an attacking type of player but Madrid bought him as a defensive midfieder so the must have seen something he could do there.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Gravs way off the pace, Thats why he never got in the Madrid team on a regular basis.

Well, they bought him as a defensive midfielder, and then realised he can't sit there and defend; it's not how he plays. He is not a "makelele-like" player. That was why he never got in on a regular basis.

Best striker? Anichebe by a long way.In the modern game its so important to hold up the ball in forward areas to allow midfield to link up in attacking play or to relieve pressure when your under the cosh.AJ and Vaughn don't do this very well.Mac is poor at it and the Yak....................

ok mate :huh:

The first goal Yakubu scored was from about 2 yards out into an open goal after AJ laid it on a plate, the goal yesterday was provided by a brilliant pass from Pienaar which left him in the clear with no defender near him, you or i could have scored both those goals.

If it's that straight forward Licker why havent we been banging them in for years??

I'v lost count of the amount of times one of our players has ballooned a chance like Yak put away against Bolton & it's been a long time since I'v seen anyone in a blue shirt beat a keeper one on one.

Correct me if I'm worong but for the last couple of years we've been crying out for a player who can score and when we get one just because he's a lazy fucker it's all of a sudden easy to score goals and anybody can do it. Beattie & Bent start off an embarrassingly long list of actuall professional footballers who couldnt!

Marcus Bent scored 2 on saturday and Beattie now has 10 for sheff utd thats how easy it is. :D :D

Due you honestly think Yakubu looks anything like an 11 million pound striker cos i dont, but when he starts looking a bit interested and starts poppin in 20 goals then i might think otherwise. But somehow i dont think i'll hold my breath until he does.

He'll have to start working to stay in our side Moyes wont carry any passengers, and personally when Vaughan and Johnson are back fit i cant see him getting into the team, but i will willingly eat humble pie if its otherwise.

Marcus Bent scored 2 on saturday and Beattie now has 10 for sheff utd thats how easy it is. :D :D

Due you honestly think Yakubu looks anything like an 11 million pound striker cos i dont, but when he starts looking a bit interested and starts poppin in 20 goals then i might think otherwise. But somehow i dont think i'll hold my breath until he does.

He'll have to start working to stay in our side Moyes wont carry any passengers, and personally when Vaughan and Johnson are back fit i cant see him getting into the team, but i will willingly eat humble pie if its otherwise.

No and I havent said I do. I think he's looked lazy but I also know he's had virtually no pre season and didnt train at all during the 3 weeks after the news of his possible transfare to us. He's looked better & sharper each game he's played, he did alot of running yesterday which you wouldnt have seen on the TV and the only real negative I can give about yesterdays performance is his first touch was shite for most of the game.

I just think he needs a little time and Moyes to play to his strengths more.

I also think (well know in my mind!) the two goals scored by Yak would have been missed by our squad n the past whereas now when we put the ball in the box if it hit's the Yak he will hit the target and that is something we have been missing for years, even AJ last season wasnt exactly clinical when put through!

As for Beattie & Bent, ALL wigan fans if given a gun would end Marcus Bents suffering & Beattie has found his level once again!

Because we didn't have Pienaar AND Arteta, aplitting defenses apart with clinical one touch passing.

Yes creativly we have got better (miles better!!!) but we have created in the past also just failed to finish!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Marcus Bent scored 2 on saturday and Beattie now has 10 for sheff utd thats how easy it is.
Bents goal scoring record in the Prem dwindles in comparison to Yak's, as does Beatties.

Also, Beattie has managed it in the Championship... big deal.

Edit:

BlueBri:

Because we didn't have Pienaar AND Arteta, aplitting defenses apart with clinical one touch passing.

GoldfishMemory:

Yes creativly we have got better (miles better!!!) but we have created in the past also just failed to finish!

Yup. Also, when you create more you need someone to put it away, which Yak is bloody good at. Can't say I think the same about the other 4.

Edited by Calico

Your all looking and basing Yaks scoring ability on the past, i dont care if he's Climbed Mount Everest in the past, its what he's doing at present is what i'm interested in, and so far he's done fook all, but as i've said if he bangs in 20 goals i'll eat humble pie.

Evertons best striker?

1. Andrew Johnson...Workrate, passion and at times goals.

2.James Vaughan...Potential, goals and workrate.

3.Anichebe...for potential also McFadden for same reason.

4.Yakubu...Because people keep telling us he can score loads of goals.

Nice to have a choice of types, for different types of defence.Can Moyes keep them all happy?

Best striker? Anichebe by a long way.In the modern game its so important to hold up the ball in forward areas to allow midfield to link up in attacking play or to relieve pressure when your under the cosh.AJ and Vaughn don't do this very well.Mac is poor at it and the Yak....................

haha

damn

now im trouble, i sem to have wet my pants laughing at the thought of vic being our best striker!

then i wet my pants in fear of it being true.

better clean myself up

Can you point me in the direction of your dealer please mate? I want some of what you're on.

Can you point me in the direction of your dealer please mate? I want some of what you're on.

Come on lets be constructive! AJ with his back to goal just gets overpowered . Mac always turns down a blind alley.Vaugh is just too lightweight.Yak has a poor first touch.Vic is the only striker we have who holds the ball and has the strength to upset defenders,And if you don't think thats one of the key skills of the modern striker you haven't watched Drogba much.

Come on lets be constructive! AJ with his back to goal just gets overpowered . Mac always turns down a blind alley.Vaugh is just too lightweight.Yak has a poor first touch.Vic is the only striker we have who holds the ball and has the strength to upset defenders,And if you don't think thats one of the key skills of the modern striker you haven't watched Drogba much.

Let's be realistic, a target man who can hold the ball up is not the be all and end all of success. Do Barcelona have an Anichebe. Drogba (how you can compare them is beyond me) target man? Manure? etc etc. They manage just fine.

On another note, being able to hold the ball up does not make anyone the best striker at a club. I'd consider someone who can put the ball in the net a better striker than someone who'll score not very many but hold the ball up.

This is going to turn into an Anichebe debate!......His type of style ie big front man back to goal,

target man, able to turn defenders AND score goals, takes a hell of a lot longer to perfect than the type of game Vaughan and Owen play ie speed of a defenders shoulder and good finishing!

If he improves at his present rate and there's no guarantee he will....then he could be a hell of a player.Hard to handle,create goals for others, capable of surging runs and scoring goals!!

Could be the perfect foil to Vaughan.Those two could give defenders nightmeres in a couple of years.