Sign in to follow this  
jofanon

Best Striker?

i've got no problem with opinions, i've not had a go at anyones opinion mate, i'm not the one asking fucking stupid questions 'like whos better then'....so it's not me disregarding anyones views

and yakubu is the same, ball to feet he's ok, but generally aerially he is poor

Thanks very much. I don't think its a 'fucking stupid question', its obviously prompted a lot of discussion.

For a 19 year old Victor showed tonight what he capable of.People have said in this thread he spends too much time on his backside but as shown tonight he only goes over where it matters.When he has a sight of goal he can stay on his feet. No other striker on our books has the all round talent to do what he did tonight.

For a 19 year old Victor showed tonight what he capable of.People have said in this thread he spends too much time on his backside but as shown tonight he only goes over where it matters.When he has a sight of goal he can stay on his feet. No other striker on our books has the all round talent to do what he did tonight.

it wasn't all round talent, it was physical attributes - personally I'd think that Vaughan could possibly have done both of those tonight. Everyone knows Anichebe as the attributes, he just doesn't do it when he starts and he looks lazy. If he was as hungry and energetic as Vaughan he could be an awesome specimen, but he too often doesn't look interested. He did well tonight, but I think we've all been there before and if he starts on Sunday I doubt many would be surprised if once again he flattered to deceive. At the moment he is supersub material, Vaughan is the better player.

it was physical attributes - personally I'd think that Vaughan could possibly have done both of those tonight.

Think we'd have to agree to differ there,for me Vaughn thrives on well place balls on the floor both of passes tonight were played up to Vic in unthreatening positions with his back to goal and his power and balance turned them into goals.

From what I've seen Vic and Vaughan seem to be our best strikers but it is true that Vic does perform better when coming on as sub.

Yakubu has done OK I supposebut looks the least likely to score out of the 3.

Then theres AJ. More of a work horse than a finisher. The way we play suits the other 3 by far. If we play 2 up front then AJ is useful. But if we play 1 up front then it has to be one of the other 3 (preferably Vaughan or Vic).

Well i keep saying vic is shit, and he keeps scoring, so i'll carry on saying hes shit and he can carry on scoring. i think its a fair swap.

i too think he is more of an impact player at the mo, and doing it well