IGNORED

Jagielka

MikeO

I was impressed with Jags at fullback. Was one of his best performances so far in an everton shirt. But as Licker says he will be dropped for neville which sucks. Moyes has really shot himself in the foot over appointing Neville captain, he can't drop him now but we have players who are stronger in every position he can play in. Damn

Ok a loss against Liverpool and a win against easy Derby isn't much but I think we look a lot better without Hibbert, Stubbs and Neville.

4-5-1 seems to be suiting us well. Jags and Bainsey both have pace and can get forward down the flanks.

Will be interesting when all striikers are fit who we play. I'd like us to go 4-4-2 to see AJ and Yak together but 4-5-1 seems to suit us the most at the moment (also allows Cahill to slot in).

Ahemm...told you so!

I was rubbished for saying he was a right back!

So was I... Neville isnt good enough to be in out team anymore, why wont he just fuck off!!! everyone now nows Jagielka is our best rightback, FACT. why not play him there and get a real quality midfielder in Jan, we have the money so why leave it there gettin dusty.

guarrente moyes plays Neville over Carsley when he's back but we all no Carsley is by far a better midielder.

We have played alot better since Neville Hibbo and Stubbs have been out the lineup, bringing them back will only lead to long ball, and one other thing, we have been passing it alot more due to Osman center midfield, he comes deep to get the ball and plays it easy or down the wing, we have 2 of the best uncoming fullbacks in the league, lets use them and get some crosses in.

I Also thought Lescott + Yobo played better with eachover with Jags fullback, I like Hibbo for what he can do defensivly but Jags has taken over imo he can do both unlike Neville who can't do either!

Edited by Blue4Ever

Stroppy get.

I think he's a right back. If you disagree then do it politely.

Keep your "told you so" comments to yourself then!!!!

I think Jags is the best right back we have at the club at the mo but the fact is he is an always has been a centre mid. He was moved back to right back as cover last season and did that well he kept his place there, harping on about him being a right back and using the told you so line is like calling him a keeper because he covered there against arsenal last year.

I think if you look back you'll find you werent rubbished for calling him a right back you were rubbished for claiming Moyes was playing him out of position as a centre mid when he's clearly a right back. Infact his favored position and the one he's played most of his career is actually centre mid!

Keep your "told you so" comments to yourself then!!!!

I think Jags is the best right back we have at the club at the mo but the fact is he is an always has been a centre mid. He was moved back to right back as cover last season and did that well he kept his place there, harping on about him being a right back and using the told you so line is like calling him a keeper because he covered there against arsenal last year.

I think if you look back you'll find you werent rubbished for calling him a right back you were rubbished for claiming Moyes was playing him out of position as a centre mid when he's clearly a right back. Infact his favored position and the one he's played most of his career is actually centre mid!

His favoured position may be centre midfield but from what I've seen this season he is a much BETTER right back.

He has been shite in midfield. Perhaps he'd be a good midfielder in the lower divisions (or in a crap team like Sheff. Utd) but at the level he's at now he is a SHITE midfielder.

If he wants to play regularly then its not going to be in midfield, but he could actually make the right back position his own.

It seems he has a choice, Right back or bench warmer?.

^ not the point I was making mate.

Theres a section of Evertonians who have been demanding Jags is a right back since he signed and calling moyes for everything for playing him "out of position". The fact is Jagielka was moved to rightback at Sheff United last season because he wasnt as good at the centre midfielders on the books but better thean the rightbacks available to Warnock.

I hope he retains the right back slot and makes it his own but giving people the I told you so speach just because he played a decent game there is stupid. Phill Jakielka is not and never had been a regular right back he is a utility player who just happens to fit nicely into the right back role.

I would bet my morgage that in the Championship he would once again be far to valuable as a centre mid to be wasted at right back but maybe at prem level he's found his strongest postion!

Jagielka played in a number of positions when he was at the Blades. He spent quite a while at centre back and right back and then shifted to midfield, mainly because he was our best player and could have more of an impact there.

However, it was always felt that if he moved on to a big club it would be as a right back, and if you continue to use him there you will see the best of him. Before he moves on to a bigger club again that is!

Ok, most of you guys have you facts completly wrong.

Phil Jagielka is a centre half, thats where he played all season in the prem last season, thats where he was outstanding. He first came into the side as a midfielder, was then moved to right back in the 2002-03 and moved back to midfield in the promotion season.

He can play right back very well, but centre half has always been his best position.

He is not good enough to play midfield in the premiership.

what do you think of him at rb? i agree that he isn't good enough for midfield at the moment, i think that he will improve and could settle into the holding role given time and experience though.

good to hear an argument about jags from united fan though.

hows beats working out for you? looks like life in the championship suits him well.

He is not good enough to play midfield in the premiership.

I was thinking that myself, They have obviously used him in midfield because they thought he could have more an effect on the game center midfield. But thats in the championship, differant level. Everytime I see him play he looks more and more a defender, hope he makes the rightback position his own.

Edited by Blue4Ever

i think he is good enough, he's just not adapted or used to that position, he has a cool head and can pass fairly well, he hasn't recently but i think he still could...but we'd have to get him used to it...carsley wasn't really a DM when he came here either, it's a position that requires strong mental attributes and intelligence

Guest blueboy122

i think maybe we should either mould jags into our next carsley bring a youth player up or buy that appiah that everyone raves about. whats he lik by the way?

i think he is good enough, he's just not adapted or used to that position, he has a cool head and can pass fairly well, he hasn't recently but i think he still could...but we'd have to get him used to it...carsley wasn't really a DM when he came here either, it's a position that requires strong mental attributes and intelligence

Great call that.

And Appiah is a beast, for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing him in there.

Appiah is mustard!

i think it was pat who said poor mans essien, thats more than good enough for me.

been touted as the next vieira when he was in italy too

don't get me wrong, I think Essien is decent, but don't see what the fuss is about to be honest - he's no Vieira from what I've seen. I wouldn't want Appiah to be a poor man's Essien, I'd like him to be virtually as good if not as good. Haven't seen much of him so not going to make any big noises, but from what I have seen he looks exactly what we need and I have a good feeling about him - particularly with our African contingent!

You're kidding, right? Essien is easily one of the best midfielders in the world.

I'm going to Second that! He can Score Goals and is a Great Defender who can also play Center back Very well!

But i thought Jagielka had a good game @ Centerback Vs Birrmingham! Very calm and won every ball!

Edited by jacko1990

haven't seen him score many at all, he's no Steven Gerrard or Cesc Fabregas from what I've seen. Granted, I don't get to see as much football as I used to (apart from watching Everton) but I've never been exactly amazed by a performance from Essien. Just because he signed for huge money and played for Chelsea all of a sudden he became some world beater, yet in reality I've always just thought he looked very good - not one of the best in the world like Vieira was. But as I say, I don't get to watch as much football as I'd like these days so maybe I'm missing something. Still I'd like him in our team as the all round defensive midfielder we need.