Sign in to follow this  
Blue 250

Cahill V Yakubu......

OK Then! Off the back of our victory at Luton, with Cahill scoring and Yakubu left on the bench a question!

It's mentioned on here quite a bit that we seem to be better at playing a 4 5 1 formation.Not sure myself that's the total answer for success....BUT!

What if Cahill who seems at his best in that formation starts really hitting form, scoring goals causing mayhem etc.....and AJ or Vaughan play the lone striker to perfection.Result we start playing better and winning more games.We seem to have quite a few forwards at the moment some of them can do the single man bit others perhaps not.Certainly Yakubu I doubt would relish the extra work asked of him.............hang in there the questions coming!

If we start going great guns with 4 5 1 and in January Portsmouth offered big money for Yakubu would we be stupid not to take it......I'm not saying we should!.....but it would be tempting surely.Better with Cahill.....AJ or Vaughan and money for one really good player or a couple of decent ones!

Do you think Moyes will leave Cahill out to play two up front....so Yakubu gets a game or can he get Cahill to adjust his game to fit two up front?

Just wondered what people thought!

If we're winning without yak - he won't get in - FACT. Don't know about selling him, but £10m + Nugent would be superb business (not suggesting it would happen!)

Saturday will be yak and cahill though.

He cant, he already played twice for Boro before he came here.

I would take £10 million for Yakubu at the end of the season, he was never our type of player anyway, it was a bit of a panic buy when Vaughan got injured.

don't talk shite!!!

no way will vaughan be starting a premiership match this weekend!

I don't see him starting a Premiership match in November let alone this weekend.

Yakubu will be playing and so will Cahill.

If we play AJ up front by himself then he'll be a virtual lone winger, and if we play Vaughan by himself it'll get hit long to him. At least, that's how the team has played when either have been by themselves and even with each other in a partnership.

don't talk shite!!!

no way will vaughan be starting a premiership match this weekend!

I don't see him starting a Premiership match in November let alone this weekend.

Yakubu will be playing and so will Cahill.

Excuse me for giving my opinion, I say Vaughan and Cahill, you say Yak and Cahill, why is my opinion shite and yours isnt.

He played half an hour last night, and Yak was left on the Bench that's was good enough for me.

You may be right, i may be wrong but it doesnt make it shite, pull your horns in mate.

Moyes will play what gets results and 442 hasn't worked enough. With cahill back we have won 3 in 3 all be it in separate competitions. I think withy cahill fit we have to stick to 451 and given a choice with everyone fit I would have to go for AJ up front. I like all our stikers and they all give us something different and it's a shame we can't play 442 but cahill is our best player and 451 get's the best out of him. As much as I rate him I think faddy is never goign to work in a team like everton and he should be sold.

Its not beyond the bounds of reasoning Steve, last night we played with three different strikers ... Annichebe, McFadden and Vaughan, with the tie going into extra time Vaughan spent as much time on the pitch than any of them, and Yakubu was left on the bench.

Now that is either a big wake up call for Yakubu, or maybe Moyes fancies any of them ahead of The Yak, but who can tell what formation Moyes will come up with next, Cos i dont think he knows himself.

4-5-1 Is at present our best formation, and i would put Johnson, Vaughan, or Anichebe ahead of Yakubu as a lone striker.

but if you look at the numbers bill, since we took on 451, from the forwards yak his done just as much as the others. then theres the weetabix kid! a league of his own.

id be very cautios with vaughan thou

Yes i think Moyses will be careful but its obvious he wants Vaughan back as soon as poss, his fitness shouldnt be a problem cos after all it was a shoulder problem, and that doesnt stop running, kicking, stamina, or anything else as regards to keeping fit.

I'm not convinced that we have seen the last of the 4-4-2 from Moyes. With our injuries etc, he hasn't been able to try his 1st choice selection with them all playing. I think we may see the following in the near future:

---------HOWARD----------------

NEVILLE--YOBO---LESCOTT--BAINES

ARTETA-----GRAVESON-----PIENAAR

-------------------CAHILL---------------

------------AJ---------YAKUBU------------

That would be my take on our possible 4-4-2, more of a 4-3-1-2 with Timmy playing a free role behind the strikers. With Moyes favourites it would probably be:

-------HOWARD----------

HIBBERT--YOBO---STUBBS--LESCOTT

ARTETA-------NEVILLE----------OSMAN

-----------------------CAHILL-------------

--------AJ-------YAKUBU--------

Personally I think this could be quite effective and may actually yield some goal from Yakubu and make him worth buying in the first place. I am absolutely positive that Moyes has not played Yakubu in a team that he envisaged when he bought him and knows that he is not right for the selections he has had forced on him. Will put money on Yakubu being 1st choice for some time yet.

I don't think we will start with Vaughn at the weekend. Think its too soon to start him. But its all opinion isn't it. I think, and would like to see, him make an appearance this weekend and then start next weekend (all depending on how he does of course) But i definatly want Yak to start this weekend, especially after scoring and helping setup one last weekend, think he's gonna need to build up some momentum (insert your own yak running joke here if you want)

My opinion is that it will be Cahill and Yak:

--------------Howard----------------

Hibbo----Stubbs-----Yob-----Lescott

The Art---Osman--Neville---Pienaar

Cahill

Yak

Wouldn't be my team but thats what Moyes will pick imo.

one thing about this thread, i dont think we should be looking at cahill vs yak, more like cahill and yak for me, and aj and vaughan and vic and arteta and pienaar and osman........ and be happy that for the first time in a long time our manager has a selection head ache

If we play AJ up front by himself then he'll be a virtual lone winger, and if we play Vaughan by himself it'll get hit long to him. At least, that's how the team has played when either have been by themselves and even with each other in a partnership.

Agree, both of them should play, we won derby with them both its unfair to take the yak out if he's scoring thats what we bought him for and he seems to be doing it when given the chance.

Apparently I am in the minority concerning Yak's play. I think considering how often we just hoof it up the field (a different playstyle from many teams) that he is adjusting pretty well. With Cahill, Arteta, Osman and Pienaar on the pitch I don't think I'd rate any striker above Yakubu.

For our more defensive games, I'd prefer AJ and Vaughan up top together. The home Arsenal game last season really sold me on how good they can be together.

Vic tires out too easily for me, I do like how quickly he adjusts to the game off the bench though.

When I look at McFadden, I just think Yak can do almost everything better. I wouldn't be surprised if we try to cash in on him sometime in January.

Apparently I am in the minority concerning Yak's play. I think considering how often we just hoof it up the field (a different playstyle from many teams) that he is adjusting pretty well. With Cahill, Arteta, Osman and Pienaar on the pitch I don't think I'd rate any striker above Yakubu.

For our more defensive games, I'd prefer AJ and Vaughan up top together. The home Arsenal game last season really sold me on how good they can be together.

Vic tires out too easily for me, I do like how quickly he adjusts to the game off the bench though.

When I look at McFadden, I just think Yak can do almost everything better. I wouldn't be surprised if we try to cash in on him sometime in January.

if your talkin about faddy there and not yak then yer I wouldnt be to sorry to let him go.

if your talkin about faddy there and not yak then yer I wouldnt be to sorry to let him go.

Yeah i agree, just been checking Mcfads stats. Would you believe in over 100 appearances he has only scored 10 goals for us. :o

James McFADDEN

Games played 51

Games as a sub 54

Goals scored 10

How long has he been here now, is it 4 years. ??? not going to get any better is he.

Yeah i agree, just been checking Mcfads stats. Would you believe in over 100 appearances he has only scored 10 goals for us. :o

James McFADDEN

Games played 51

Games as a sub 54

Goals scored 10

How long has he been here now, is it 4 years. ??? not going to get any better is he.

Yer, its not only that he's inconsistent he isnt a very complete player either, imo he's alot more botherd about the Scotland team that ours.

Yea, I meant we should sell Faddy. I know he's doin good with the international team but for us I rate him behind the other 4.

Yeah, he's had a lot of faith put in him and come out with little end product. Based on his form for Scotland, he then started to look good for us, but I think he still has been inconsistent and Timmy still looks miles better than him and he's been injured so much for ages!

I like faddy and this season he has started ok but he is 25 and since signing he has never been able to do it consistently. I actually think a move abroad to somwheer like france/ spain where they get more space would be the making of him. I also think he has been a good servant to the club and I think staying with us would hold him back. Add to that we could probably get 3-5 mil for him and I would be happy that.

Excuse me for giving my opinion, I say Vaughan and Cahill, you say Yak and Cahill, why is my opinion shite and yours isnt.

He played half an hour last night, and Yak was left on the Bench that's was good enough for me.

You may be right, i may be wrong but it doesnt make it shite, pull your horns in mate.

I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong! AS IF Vaughan will start on Sat, he's hardly kicked a ball in months and it'd be a bit much asking him to start when he's only played 50 mins of football. Yakubu was obviously rested to keep fresh for tomorrow, I mean he scored one and created one last weekend so I hardly think he was dropped! VAUGHAN WILL NOT START TOMORROW UNLESS EVERY OTHER FIRST TEAM STRIKER IS INJURED!

As for 451/442, I've been saying it for months - it should be 451 in most games unless we're playing poor opposition who we can get away with playing a 442 against. Virtually every one of our players, certainly defenders and midfielders seem to relish the 451 and it frees up all our creative players, some strikers may be unhappy sitting on the bench but until Moyes can buy a truly classy CM then it's tough luck on them. Yakubu deserves a chance but in the long run Vaughan or AJ look the best suited to a 451. Someone on here said that AJ will end up a winger in a 451, don't you remember the beginning of last season? AJ started on his own with Cahill behind and both of them scored about 7 goals in the opening 10 matches, AJ was a lot more effective in a 451 both here and at Palace. Moyes tactics have often been questioned and some of his team selections, but the one unqualified success (except when Beattie played) of his Everton managerial career is his 451 formation, NO ONE will fancy playing Everton if we have a fully fit 451 one out, we could easy do Chelsea over in a couple of weeks and go a long way in the cups this year. COYB! :)

wouldn't surprise me if Mc goes but he does give us options, certainly off the bench and I think he could play the Cahill role behind a lone striker. I think Anichebe needs to buck up his energy levels and workrate otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if he's loaned out or something as he looks the weakest of our striking options to me. The only thing that saves him and may keep him in Moyes plans is his physical attributes, IF he could just take a leaf out of Vaughan's book of effort then Anichebe has all the attributes to be a younger/better Emile Heskey, unfortunately he looks a little lazy and inconsistent. Vaughan/AJ/Yak with Cahill looks a pretty strong selection of forwards, especially with some youngsters in reserve. Everton's squad is really progressing now, all we need is a decent class CM.

I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong! AS IF Vaughan will start on Sat, he's hardly kicked a ball in months and it'd be a bit much asking him to start when he's only played 50 mins of football. Yakubu was obviously rested to keep fresh for tomorrow, I mean he scored one and created one last weekend so I hardly think he was dropped! VAUGHAN WILL NOT START TOMORROW UNLESS EVERY OTHER FIRST TEAM STRIKER IS INJURED!

And yet Moyes started Cahill after he'd barely kicked ball in months. Funny that.

Yeah thats a good point Mark.

Carl, i think i've already said that a shoulder injury wouldnt interfere too much with Kicking, Running, or keeping up the level of his fitness, where as its a bit different with a knee or foot injury. But i've also said that its only my opinion and I'm probably just wishing that Vaughan comes back as soon as possible.

I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong!

an opinion can not be wrong! hence it being opinion and not fact.

no need to be agressive over something like this, get a grip mate

an opinion can not be wrong! hence it being opinion and not fact.

no need to be agressive over something like this, get a grip mate

I didn't mean to be aggressive, I think he can speak for himself anyway you don't need to kiss his ass! Licker normally talks a lot of sense but as he said, I think his desperation to see Vaughan back (which I share, as I think he could become our number 1 striker) clouded his judgement! :)

I mean does anybody else think realistically that Vaughan will possibly in a million years start tomorrow....? I have no problem with opinions but sometimes an opinion can be wrong - one of our opinions will be wrong come tomorrow kick-off. As for Romey's comment, Everton were absolutely DESPERATE for a decent cM in our team, we were playing abysmal and we needed Cahill back. We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back, especially considering his run of injuries - in fact Moyes is probably slightly nervous about trying to keep so many good strikers happy. Even you must know there is no chance that Vaughan will play tomorrow (I'd be surprised if he was on the bench) so in reality you just made that comment about Cahill to make me look stupid when in reality you more than likely think I'm right. If you can think of any possible argument why Vaughan will start tomorrow then I'd welcome the discussion, rather than just smart comments ;)

If somehow Vaughan does start tomorrow (I suppose if it's 442 there could be the remotest possibility) I'll be the first to admit my opinion was wrong and offer a full retraction ;)

We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back,

Well I'd say we do!......Cahill it seems is 'key' to playing 4 5 1.......and 4 5 1 looks like it could be the way Moyes likes to play, and we do seem to get better results.

IF were going to play 4 5 1 and with AJ out, then I don't care if Yakubu did cost £11million it just looks far more likely that Vaughan(at his best) would be more suited to the lone role.Sure put it on a plate and Yakubu may well be a great finisher!...but a lone striker may well have to be far more than just that.

I don't pick the team, and I don't care who plays up front as long as we win, and to a certain extent play well......one forward or three as long as we score more than Birmingham then I don't care.......BUT with AJ out and 4 5 1 a possability, then YES hurry back Vaughan!!

If Yakubu plays up front on his own or with a partner, then while he puts the effort in and gives Everton 100% he'll have my support.Perhaps he can adapt to the role!...what will Moyes do then? rotate AJ, Yakubu and Vaughan....one game in three!

Should we build a team around Cahill?............Pick your best team available Moyes, and play to your tactical strengths!

Be great if he could start a game where with his starting eleven and his subs he could change things around to play either way(4 5 1 or 4 4 2)...I'd say it was posssible.

We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back,

Well I'd say we do!......Cahill it seems is 'key' to playing 4 5 1.......and 4 5 1 looks like it could be the way Moyes likes to play, and we do seem to get better results.

IF were going to play 4 5 1 and with AJ out, then I don't care if Yakubu did cost £11million it just looks far more likely that Vaughan(at his best) would be more suited to the lone role.Sure put it on a plate and Yakubu may well be a great finisher!...but a lone striker may well have to be far more than just that.

I don't pick the team, and I don't care who plays up front as long as we win, and to a certain extent play well......one forward or three as long as we score more than Birmingham then I don't care.......BUT with AJ out and 4 5 1 a possability, then YES hurry back Vaughan!!

If Yakubu plays up front on his own or with a partner, then while he puts the effort in and gives Everton 100% he'll have my support.Perhaps he can adapt to the role!...what will Moyes do then? rotate AJ, Yakubu and Vaughan....one game in three!

Should we build a team around Cahill?............Pick your best team available Moyes, and play to your tactical strengths!

Be great if he could start a game where with his starting eleven and his subs he could change things around to play either way(4 5 1 or 4 4 2)...I'd say it was posssible.

no doubting it's possible if Vaughan was fit and in form, but there is no justification for playing him tomorrow especially when Yak scored and had an assist in his last game and was obviously not brought on midweek to keep him fresh for tomorrow. I agree with everything you've said team wise, I was so disappointed when Vaughan got injured as I thought he could become a superstar this season and fire Everton to great things, hopefully he still can. Vaughan looks like the perfect lone striker, a possibly better version of AJ (who is supposedly nearly fully fit by the way, so there is no great rush to rush Vaughan back) and I have serious doubts that Yak can perform this role week in week out, but the fact is he will play tomorrow (barring injury) as he earned his place last weekend and he's 100% fit and ready. The more I see of Yakubu the more hope I have for him to be a success, he looks like he could do the business if we give him anything like decent service.

oh and I think 451 is guaranteed, unless key players are struggling for fitness.

Last time I checked this was football we were talking about and nothing, absolutely nothing is guranteed in football and that is why we enjoy/annoyed by it.

oh and I think 451 is guaranteed, unless key players are struggling for fitness.

You would expect it to be 4 5 1. but if Arteta is out we have 2 play 4 4 2 imo, we wont give the yak fuck all if Arteta aint on the pitch and we play 4 5 1 because Arteta is a player who makes us play a bit more and give's quality service, without him the midfield will become even more packed because who ever we put out there to replace him will naturally come inside and we will hit several long balls up to yak, make him look shit, then he comes off after 60 mins.

You would expect it to be 4 5 1. but if Arteta is out we have 2 play 4 4 2 imo, we wont give the yak fuck all if Arteta aint on the pitch and we play 4 5 1 because Arteta is a player who makes us play a bit more and give's quality service, without him the midfield will become even more packed because who ever we put out there to replace him will naturally come inside and we will hit several long balls up to yak, make him look shit, then he comes off after 60 mins.

suppose so, although he may just bring Gravesen into the middle (or dare I say - Phil Neville) and push Osman out wide, if both Pienaar and Arteta are out then I'd expect to see possibly McFadden up front with Yak. If everyone is fit I would expect a 451, but as we are at home against a team we expect to beat then I suppose Moyes might just be a little more adventurous. Just cant see it tho, we played poor for weeks with a 442 and once we switched to a 451 we started playing some good football and winning matches, we were poor against luton with a 442 until just before Cahill came on and we went 451, I cant see Moyes changing a winning formula - but sometimes his selections are a little baffling!

one of our opinions will be wrong come tomorrow kick-off.

well then it becomes a prediction, not an opinion.

hence, an opinion is something that can not be proven or denied

well then it becomes a prediction, not an opinion.

hence, an opinion is something that can not be proven or denied

this is what Licker said:

Saturday will be Vaughan and cahill.. 4-5-1

that doesn't sound much like an opinion to me, it sounds like a prediction so I think I was within my rights to question it :D

I couldn't 100% rule Vaughan out of a 442 (althought I'd rate his chances at about 1 in a thousand) but no way and I repeat NO WAY! will he start in a 451 ahead of Yakubu. Lickers comments about Vaughan doing a lot of running etc are fair enough (and something I had forgotten about) but Yakubu has been kept primed for today and it would be totally unfair to drop him, and totally unfair to ask Vaughan to start after only about 2 days training when we have 3 other fit strikers on our books. Before the Larissa game I was predicting with certainty (I just cant find the topic at the moment that I said it in!) that Cahill would start as he was obviously left out of the derby to keep him fit for Larissa, plus we deserately needed a result and some decent performances as our midfield had been useless all season and Moyes was feeling the heat. Yakubu will play today (unless injured) or I'll run through the streets naked.

that doesn't sound much like an opinion to me, it sounds like a prediction so I think I was within my rights to question it :D

I couldn't 100% rule Vaughan out of a 442 (althought I'd rate his chances at about 1 in a thousand) but no way and I repeat NO WAY! will he start in a 451 ahead of Yakubu. Lickers comments about Vaughan doing a lot of running etc are fair enough (and something I had forgotten about) but Yakubu has been kept primed for today and it would be totally unfair to drop him, and totally unfair to ask Vaughan to start after only about 2 days training when we have 3 other fit strikers on our books. Before the Larissa game I was predicting with certainty (I just cant find the topic at the moment that I said it in!) that Cahill would start as he was obviously left out of the derby to keep him fit for Larissa, plus we deserately needed a result and some decent performances as our midfield had been useless all season and Moyes was feeling the heat. Yakubu will play today (unless injured) or I'll run through the streets naked.

hope he does, can see him scoring today. FEED THE YAK, FEED THE YAK, FEEEED THE YAK AND HE WILL SCORE! FEED THE YAK ALONG THE FLOOR!

then you kept refering to it being an opinion because???

if you wanna keep being picky with people i'm happy to play the language & grammar police

then you kept refering to it being an opinion because???

if you wanna keep being picky with people i'm happy to play the language & grammar police

because at the end of the day it IS an opinion, but it is ALSO a prediction. It can't be anything other than an opinion until it becomes either fact or fallacy, but it's still a prediction at the same time which is why I said it was wrong all along. Anyway, who cares? The fact is I made my post to highlight the flaws in Lickers statement, I don't do it to have petty arguments I do it because I felt what he said was quite obviously 100% wrong - and so maybe I got a little over excited in my post, but it certainly wasn't meant to be aggressive and we all love the club and should be big enough boys to have lively debates. I'm happy to debate it and if someone changes my mind then fair enough, that's the whole point of a forum is it not? Both you and Romey stuck up for Licker but do you actually honestly think Vaughan will start ahead of Yakubu in a 451 today, and if so, why?

we stuck up for him due to your attitude, not because we think the same players will start the game.

bill doesnt need us to stick up for him one bit, it just gets right up my arse when people insist they are right and have no respect for others ideas and get aggressive when people dont share your ideas. hence me getting picky, we can all be arse holes, and we can all have different thoughts on the club, they dont come hand in hand thou

I mean does anybody else think realistically that Vaughan will possibly in a million years start tomorrow....? I have no problem with opinions but sometimes an opinion can be wrong - one of our opinions will be wrong come tomorrow kick-off. As for Romey's comment, Everton were absolutely DESPERATE for a decent cM in our team, we were playing abysmal and we needed Cahill back. We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back, especially considering his run of injuries - in fact Moyes is probably slightly nervous about trying to keep so many good strikers happy. Even you must know there is no chance that Vaughan will play tomorrow (I'd be surprised if he was on the bench) so in reality you just made that comment about Cahill to make me look stupid when in reality you more than likely think I'm right. If you can think of any possible argument why Vaughan will start tomorrow then I'd welcome the discussion, rather than just smart comments ;)

If somehow Vaughan does start tomorrow (I suppose if it's 442 there could be the remotest possibility) I'll be the first to admit my opinion was wrong and offer a full retraction ;)

I did not say what I said to make you look stupid, I said it to point out that your reasoning behind saying Licker was dead wrong was not entirely sound. Can you not handle other people's opinions or something? Because you're constantly telling people are wrong when they don't agree with you, i.e. 451, Vaughan. You're getting right on my tits mate. So what if he thinks Vaughan's going to start? How can you say he's wrong? Do you live Mr. Moyes? Are you his wife? Nobody wants a retraction if your opinion is wrong, if that was the case people would be retracting things all the god damn time.

Pull your head out.

"I made my post to highlight the flaws in Lickers statement"

Carl. So now i'm an illiterate am i, you've gone a gone a bit too far mate just take a deep breadth and read all the posts back slowly.

c1982 ... Saturday will be yak and cahill though.

My reply.. Saturday will be vaughan and cahill. My comment was in reply too C1982 nobody elses

But from nowhere comes Fair Wooney.. don't talk shite!!!

And then you ....I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong! and also shouted at the end of your post ..VAUGHAN WILL NOT START TOMORROW UNLESS EVERY OTHER FIRST TEAM STRIKER IS INJURED!

is that an opinion or statement of fact ?

and another statement from you I think his desperation to see Vaughan back clouded his judgement!

is your desperation to see yakubu play clouding your Judgement ??

Your latest statement is Yakubu will play today is that any different to the one i made at the start of this Debate.

Your taking so many minor things and making them into something they are not and are becoming more aggressive with it, who cares if joe bloggs plays or not, its just a toffeetalk thread where other peeps can put forward their wishes, hopes and views.

When things start getting personal and you start offering out Challenges to people, its time to put it to bed.

The old Toffeetalk remedy .... Agree to Disagree and move on. Hopefully thats the end of it.

fuck the mayweather hatton fight, this ones better

:D

personally all I think this thread has done is highlight the cliques on this messageboard, I've seen far mor offensive (including swearing) posts on this board by the more established members and nothing is said, but as I soon as I have the audacity to state that what Licker said was undoubtedly incorrect the established buddies come out and stick up for him when, as of yet, they have still not come out and actually agreed with anything he said. Everyone knows Vaughan will not play ahead of Yakubu today, you don't need to be David Moyes wife you just need to think logically. I'm sorry if that offends some people but I'm not here to make lifelong buddies, I'm here to talk sense. As far as Romey goes, I really don't give a hoot if I'm getting on your tits as you obviously just dont like the fact I've gone on about 451 for weeks and as soon as we start playing it we start winning - just because you have a higher post count doesn't mean you know more than me. At the end of the day, if you dont agree with what I say then come out with an argument for it, rather than a sarcastic comment and we'll discuss it like men. I've never got personal with anyone on a forum and never would. I'm still waiting for a justified reason from you as to why on earth Vaughan would play ahead of Yakubu...

If I came out and said Lucas Justiewicz WILL play today then I'd expect some stick, which is why I think team selections through before I post.

Sorry Licker, Fairwooney maybe shouldn't have sworn, but in reality what he said I think most Evertonians would have been thinking.

Anyway, this is my last post on this topic as quite frankly we'll see who's right come 3 o'clock. If I'm wrong then I won't go hiding I'll take it like a man.

" what Licker said was undoubtedly incorrect"

"Anyway, this is my last post on this topic as quite frankly we'll see who's right come 3 o'clock. If I'm wrong then I won't go hiding I'll take it like a man".

There you go again, who gives a monkeys toss who's right or wrong, the thread is to give peeps the opportunity to submit what team THEY THINK might be chosen to play, give yourself a big pat on the back if you are correct, thats obviously your "I TOLD YOU" so attitude on this forum.

Like you said your not here to gain lifelong friends, Dont worry about that because nobody likes a smart arse.

You also show a lot of insecurity if you think you need to go hiding at kick-off time, peeps got onto you not because of any Cliques as you call it, but just to point out that your over inflated ego on any subject you talk about, wont let anybody else be right if their view doesnt fall in line with yours.

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT WAS YOUR LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT. :angry:

" what Licker said was undoubtedly incorrect"

"Anyway, this is my last post on this topic as quite frankly we'll see who's right come 3 o'clock. If I'm wrong then I won't go hiding I'll take it like a man".

There you go again, who gives a monkeys toss who's right or wrong, the thread is to give peeps the opportunity to submit what team THEY THINK might be chosen to play, give yourself a big pat on the back if you are correct, thats obviously your "I TOLD YOU" so attitude on this forum.

Like you said your not here to gain lifelong friends, Dont worry about that because nobody likes a smart arse.

You also show a lot of insecurity if you think you need to go hiding at kick-off time, peeps got onto you not because of any Cliques as you call it, but just to point out that your over inflated ego on any subject you talk about, wont let anybody else be right if their view doesnt fall in line with yours.

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT WAS YOUR LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT. :angry:

well teams are in and Yakubu starts in a 451 formation, as I 'predicted.' To be honest I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I made a post in this thread because you quite obviously came out with a team line up that didn't make sense and I pointed it out. I'm just happy Moyes has put out the right team on current form. I think we can do Birmingham over.

"I made my post to highlight the flaws in Lickers statement"

Carl. So now i'm an illiterate am i, you've gone a gone a bit too far mate just take a deep breadth and read all the posts back slowly.

c1982 ... Saturday will be yak and cahill though.

My reply.. Saturday will be vaughan and cahill. My comment was in reply too C1982 nobody elses

But from nowhere comes Fair Wooney.. don't talk shite!!!

And then you ....I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong! and also shouted at the end of your post ..VAUGHAN WILL NOT START TOMORROW UNLESS EVERY OTHER FIRST TEAM STRIKER IS INJURED!

is that an opinion or statement of fact ?

and another statement from you I think his desperation to see Vaughan back clouded his judgement!

is your desperation to see yakubu play clouding your Judgement ??

Your latest statement is Yakubu will play today is that any different to the one i made at the start of this Debate.

Your taking so many minor things and making them into something they are not and are becoming more aggressive with it, who cares if joe bloggs plays or not, its just a toffeetalk thread where other peeps can put forward their wishes, hopes and views.

When things start getting personal and you start offering out Challenges to people, its time to put it to bed.

The old Toffeetalk remedy .... Agree to Disagree and move on. Hopefully thats the end of it.

Look what I started - and there I was just stating the obvious and World War III erupts - the joys of ToffeeTalk - I think they've (yak and cahill) earnt the right to start again against Nuremburg!

Cue the arguement...

Look what I started - and there I was just stating the obvious and World War III erupts - the joys of ToffeeTalk - I think they've (yak and cahill) earnt the right to start again against Nuremburg!

Cue the arguement...

No argument from me, i quite agree. Yak and cahill played well together yesterday

No argument from me, i quite agree. Yak and cahill played well together yesterday

it's ok - the argument is over! I apologised to Licker as looking back at my first post maybe typing in capitals wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had and I possibly got a little carried away, sometimes I just get a little too passionate. That being said, I still stand by thinking it was insanity to pick Vaughan (at that moment in time) ahead of Yak in a 451! I just went about it the wrong way! Bottom line is we won again and long may it continue.

Personally, I'm not sure about what team to put out against Nuremburg. We won the first group match so this one isn't QUITE as important, we already look like favourites to progress now so I would possibly rotate a little to keep our players fresh for Chelsea next weekend. We need to keep in touch with the likes of Blackburn, Man City etc and whilst it's going to be a big ask to get points off Chelsea, whatever team we put out, I think it is possible if we have a full strength and fully fit line-up (especially as they have a midweek match as well, although a fairly straightforward one). I'd consider resting Cahill again, possibly Yakubu again and maybe go 442 and bring in McFadden and either Vaughan/Anichebe. I'm not convinced a 442 is the answer at all, but Nuremburg aren't the world's greatest team and I think we can at least match them and bring on the big guns with 20 mins to go to try and snatch the win. I'd also look at resting Osman, who faded badly at the weekend, and bring in Gravesen, possibly also rest Pienaar - but I've no idea who we could bring in for him, Baines? We have a bigger squad so now is the time to use it, particularly in the earlier rounds of the UEFA cup when the opposition isn't as strong and when we already have 3 points on the board.

Yakubu had his best game in an Everton shirt since he's been here, confidence will be high and i think he should start again, I also think we should go all out to win this one and if we do we are more or less qualified out of the Group, therefore making the other two group games meaningless then we can think about rotating the Squad and resting players.

Get the job done and then rest the players. I would be all for starting the same team that started yesterday with Baines coming in to replace Stubbs if he's available, so well done to all for a solid Team performance although it was so easy they almost went to sleep.

A few players below par, Osman, Neville, Arteta, but the rest gave a solid performance none better than Pienaar and Carsley, I think Pienaars performance deserved a goal same as Carsley deserved his.

Gulp!!!........I'm seriously considering never starting another thread called Cahill V Yakubu!

Kinda ended up Vaughan V Yakubu....and the result 1-1.

As for Licker V Carlmc 25....well, I think probably a draw as well. We all want whats best for Everton!...........Footballs a very passionate game....leading to passionate debate....which can only really lead to one conclusion.....I'M ALWAYS RIGHT :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: For anyone who wants a fight.....that last bit was a joke :P