IGNORED

Carling Cup

MikeO

Strong least eight...Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham, Blackburn, Spurs and Man City plus us. Who do you fancy?

I'd just like a home draw against anyone other than Arsenals Thirds....that's a hiding to nothing :unsure: . Also would be nice to keep the remaining "big" teams apart so that if we don't make the final the teams that do result in an extra UEFA qualification place going to the league.

Oh, and when is the draw?

Edited by MikeO

This is starting to look like a scheduling nightmare. The Carling Cup QF games are supposed to be played the week of Dec. 17 according to what I read, but here's our schedule around that time.

Dec. 15 @West Ham

Dec. 20 @ Alkmaar (UEFA Cup)

Dec. 23 @ Man U

No way we could fit a Carling Cup tie into the middle of that. Our players would keel over and die on the pitch before the fourth game ended. Hopefully they'll either move the CC tie to the week before or reschedule one of the league ties for later in the season. I'd prefer the latter, because we're already playing 8 games in December and the Carling Cup would make it 9, not to mention take away the only place all month where we actually get a week off between games.

And yes, we're the only team that has a major problem because every other EPL side that's alive in both Europe and the Carling Cup has just one European match in December - we're the only team with two.

Edited by JD in DC

Good point JD. There's no way that a league match will be put moved......the Carling Cup (historically the league cup and of secondary importance) is always played midweek so it'll either go to the previous week, 11th/12th, or be put back to 8th/9th Jan.

Jan would be better because like you say we've already got eight games in December and only four in Jan, including 1st and 31st, so plenty of space and the UEFA knock-out stages (assuming we qualify) aren't until 19th/20th Feb.

Pushing it forward to Jan 8/9 isn't an option, because the first legs of the CC semifinals are supposed to be played that week. I guess if they aren't willing to reschedule one of the other games, then they'll have to move it back a week, because it's the only free spot on our calendar the whole month of December.

Isn't it awesome that we have these kinds of problems to discuss? :D

According to the Official site it's going to be played 11th/12th Dec, then we're back at Upton Park on the 15th for a league game.

The BBC fixtures have got us playing Sat, Tues, Thurs (fitting in the trip to Holland) and Sunday starting at Wham on the 15th but that can't be right. Either way nine games in December. By the end of that we're going to have a good idea of how we're going to cope. Great to have these problems though like JD said.

Edited by MikeO

Where abouts are you Craccer? I'm in Gidea Park.

You reckon you'll get tickets for the cup game in the Everton end? I don't think I'll mange it, but hoping that the 2 games in 3 days means our allocation for the Prem game at Upton Park may go to general sale.

I think we'll win at least 1 of these 2 games at West Ham...just not sure which one!