IGNORED

4-4-2 Or 4-5-1 Who Would You Have In Cm.

I have seen alot of comments about 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 I personally would go with the latter. But given each one who would you choose for your 2/3 players in the middle. I am not asking for the whole midfield because I think it's a given that Arteta and Piernar would get the nod.

Anyway I think 4-4-2 the CM should be cahill and carsley. as I think cars is the best water carrier and timmy is the best at getting forward . I think this put's alot of pressure on arteta to be creative.

In a 4-5-1 I would go with Cahill cars and osman. Cahill and cars for the same reason as above and osman for his ability to pick the ball up of the defence and actually do something with it. I have been really impressed with ossie in the middle over the last 2 games.

I have seen alot of comments about 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 I personally would go with the latter. But given each one who would you choose for your 2/3 players in the middle. I am not asking for the whole midfield because I think it's a given that Arteta and Piernar would get the nod.

Anyway I think 4-4-2 the CM should be cahill and carsley. as I think cars is the best water carrier and timmy is the best at getting forward . I think this put's alot of pressure on arteta to be creative.

In a 4-5-1 I would go with Cahill cars and osman. Cahill and cars for the same reason as above and osman for his ability to pick the ball up of the defence and actually do something with it. I have been really impressed with ossie in the middle over the last 2 games.

yep, I'd go along with most of that. Although Cahill has never really impressed me consistently in a 442 so maybe Gravesen in for him, but I'm not saying with any authority Gravesen would be any better in a 4. In a 451, if Gravesen is still the magician of old then you'd have to find a place for him, possibly for the unlucky Osman who is playing well in a 5 but just doesnt have the passing range of Gravesen and the ability to control a game. Still Osman, has shown he is a very capable squad player in a number of positions and Gravesen would certainly have to perform to edge him out.

yep, I'd go along with most of that. Although Cahill has never really impressed me consistently in a 442 so maybe Gravesen in for him, but I'm not saying with any authority Gravesen would be any better in a 4. In a 451, if Gravesen is still the magician of old then you'd have to find a place for him, possibly for the unlucky Osman who is playing well in a 5 but just doesnt have the passing range of Gravesen and the ability to control a game. Still Osman, has shown he is a very capable squad player in a number of positions and Gravesen would certainly have to perform to edge him out.

Lets Be Realisitic! Their is now Way that Graveson is ever going to take Cahill's Place!

my personal team at this moment would be

----------------------Howard-----------------------

Jagielka------Yobo------------Lescott------Baines

Arteta----Graveson---Osman----Cahill----Pienaar

-----------------------Yakubu-------------------------

No holding player just 5 good attacking midfielders who imo would all adapt working together in midfield very quickly, it would never be that team so i could only dream.

so have I, its to bad he's to lightweight to play defensive midifield in moyes eyes, imo id play him there and Cahill and Grav just infront.

Edited by Blue4Ever

What Blue4Ever picked, only I'd have Cars in holding and leave Tommy on the bench.

me too, once Tommy is fit though I think his exceptional passing may just edge out Osman, but Osman is playing well at the moment and Tommy isn't fit. Carsley has to play for me in a 5, I honestly don't think there are many better in that holding position in the league. In a 442 he's pretty useless! oh and I'd have Neville at RB, Jags had a good game on Sat but I'm not convinced he deserves to start yet.

Be interesting to see what happens when AJ and Vaughan are fit, I can't see Moyes leaving them on the bench but at the same time the 451 is obviously our best formation, I think Moyes will just mix it up depending on the oppostion.

Interesting quotes from Moyes in the Echo, said about how he has to compensate for the small midfielders we have out at the moment in other areas, I think this maybe why Baines is getting left out and Lescott pushed out to left back.

Edited by carlmc25

Carsley has to play for me in a 5, I honestly don't think there are many better in that holding position in the league. In a 442 he's pretty useless! oh and I'd have Neville at RB, Jags had a good game on Sat but I'm not convinced he deserves to start yet.

Be interesting to see what happens when AJ and Vaughan are fit, I can't see Moyes leaving them on the bench but at the same time the 451 is obviously our best formation, I think Moyes will just mix it up depending on the oppostion.

I think a certain Mr. Makelele would disagree about our Cars being the best in the league at holding :P

Yeah, I'll be okay with Nev at RB, just as long as he doesn't start hoofing it or passing the ball to them. <_<

I agree re: the strikers. But I still think that sometimes a 2 up front will work, i.e. at home against Sunderland or someone like that so we can go for the jugular.

I think a certain Mr. Makelele would disagree about our Cars being the best in the league at holding :P

Yeah, I'll be okay with Nev at RB, just as long as he doesn't start hoofing it or passing the ball to them. <_<

I agree re: the strikers. But I still think that sometimes a 2 up front will work, i.e. at home against Sunderland or someone like that so we can go for the jugular.

I agree with all that! and I didn't say Carsley was THE best, just one of them!