IGNORED

Beginning To Feel Un-easy

Face-man

Hi folks!

I'd like to start by saying that i beliveve that David Moyes is the man for Everton. He has proven to be a good manager, who has had a good effect on Everrton Football Club in general.

The reason for this topic is that i am just beginning to feel slighlty un-easy ahead of the Arsenal game (more so than usual) due to the lack of strikers we now have at our disposal.

In the aftermath of the Marcus Bent sale, a good piece of business for all concerned, i have been surprised that we ourselves did not immediately bring in 'replacement(s)'

For us to sell a 'first team' striker, (a loose term), i would have thought that we would have had instant business coming in ?? I was confident that deals were done, (not sure who with having said that) and that all that was missing was the financial capital to complete the deal.

We sell Marcus = we play other clubs = we bring players in

However if now seems that we could realistically be facing Arsenal with ONE fit striker at the club. A severe lack of options me thinks

Anybody else feeling like this ??? :huh:

instead of bemoaning our lack of players and funds why don't we try to make the best of the things -- why not use this situation to give a youngster a place on the bench or even in the starting 11? someone like victor anichebe (wasn't he part of the squad for the trip to villareal?) who seems to have been a decent performer for the past couple years.....now's as good a time as ever to take the gamble (in fact tonight vs millwall could be ideal!)

The reason for this topic is that i am just beginning to feel slighlty un-easy ahead of the Arsenal game (more so than usual) due to the lack of strikers we now have at our disposal.

Hey..I started to feel uneasy when the 1968 cup final went into extra time. Three minutes later Jeff Astle proved me right!! Thirty eight years later and I'm still uneasy...goes with the territory!! :D