IGNORED

Zenith Win

Lol, surely thats an incentive for some teams to lose?! And then finish 3rd!

But if you finish third you get drawn against a group winner, which may well be tougher than a Champions League loser. Also if you finish first or second in the group you get to play the second leg of the next round at home....big advantage imo.

I think they do that deliberatly to make the compotition more interesting in the later stages and to have better teams in the later stages to. Anyway yes this games is the most important imo could decied the fate of us but its highly unlickly we will not qualify.

Edited by Josh Berno

No easy games from here on out. Zenit will be tough, Alkmaar will be tough, and everyone we face in the knockout games, be they group qualifiers or UCL dropouts, will be tough. So to me there's no point in splitting hairs about finishing second or third. I'd rather we just try to finish as high as we can, and whoever we draw after that, we'll deal with it.

Edited by JD in DC

ofcourse everygame is going to be tough

why settle for 2nd or 3rd if you can get 1st, that should be the mentality and no other. aim to be the best. 2nd and 3rd is acceptable but shouldn't be on our minds. that's what nil satis nisi optimum is all about. whether the games are all hard or not, i'd much much rather face 3rd place in most groups than 1st, they're alltough, but there's obviously going to be different degrees.

1st is and should be our target, you need a clear goal if you're going to succeed.

and ofcourse we'll deal with what comes, that's stating the obvious, what other options would we have? see the draw, run away and refuse to play?

NSNO is whatwe're supposed to be about, 1st place lads.

Edited by CraccerC

Absolutely. You tend to come unstuck the moment you try to be clever with seeding systems. Seek to get a positive result with every game (sometimes an away draw is a very positive result) and then take what comes.

Better to end up going down fighting to a qulaity side than going out to a side we may expect to beat.

Nil Satis...

1st is and should be our target, you need a clear goal if you're going to succeed.

and ofcourse we'll deal with what comes, that's stating the obvious, what other options would we have? see the draw, run away and refuse to play?

NSNO is whatwe're supposed to be about, 1st place lads.

Amen. Said it better than I did.