IGNORED

Everton Have No Weaknesses...

story on the official site says that meyer (nurenburg manager) doesn't see any weaknesses in the everton team. at all.

personally i think having a captain that is first choice nowhere on the pitch is a weakness, for one.

opinions?

In a 451 I don't think we do have a weakness. We may not have the very top players in the world but we have very good players for that system in every position. So I agree with Meyer. :)

we looked very fucking shaky at the back tonight, mostly as a result of poor fullbacks, to be honest it was a very good job that they were shocking in front of goal, howard was solid as usual, but i can only think of one shot on target they had that went anywhere but straight at him.

weakness in the backline (to stay on topic) was very apparent tonight (though i know we were hardly at full strength back there) don't get me wrong i was screaming as loud as anyone when arteta put the penalty in, but to say that everton have no weaknesses at all is frankly bollocks.

I have to say I agree I don't think it's remotely correct to assume we have no weaknesses. although I feel neville was solid with out impressing and so was valente. I am also think piernar lacked that final pass last night he seemed to run into to avenues alot.

yeah, obviously we have a weakness at the back when Valente plays, I'm talking about when we're full strength. I don't quite understand why (once again) the full-backs get all the blame, I don't know if I'm mistaken here but early on I thought Lescott lost possession abysmally and nearly cost us a goal. Also one of their best (only) half chances came from a ridiculous dummy from Pienaar, yet somehow it's all Neville and Valente's fault. Neville was superb, hardly gave the ball away, even took short throws in the main, criticism of him is ridiculous on last night's performance imo and Valente was totally solid and apart from one bad foul didn't miss a tackle.

Edited by carlmc25

the Centre backs where getting drawn apart having to cover the Fullbacks, Left too many gaps in the middle. Fortunately the opposition were'nt very good, but a prem team would have slaughtered us. I'm glad we got the Job done first, and now maybe Lescott, Yobo and a few Others can be given a rest.