New Stadium Pictures..

Louis

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

3DE90886-A2AE-AA4A-A977F9519EC0E5C7.jpg

Revealed: How Everton and Tesco could look in Kirkby

Nov 14 2007

by Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

Artist's impression of Everton's new stadium & shops in Kirkby

MORE details of Everton FC’s possible move to Kirkby were being unveiled to residents today.

They include the first images of the proposed 50,000-seater stadium and the surrounding shopping district sitting side by side.

Previous artist impressions simply showed the Blues’ planned new home in isolation and some early shots of the Tesco-dominated retail park, south of Cherryfield Drive.

But people were today able to view pictures of the stadium alongside shops and a car park, plus the first image of the 24-hour Tesco Extra store, earmarked for the site of All Saints Catholic high school.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

They are certain to crank up interest and debate in the town as Everton and Tesco prepare to submit a planning application to Knowsley council.

The club and the supermarket giant want to hear more of what residents think about the scheme, now officially known as “Destination Kirkby”, before putting forward a detailed proposal.

The three-day exhibition is being held at Kirkby leisure centre, next to the development site.

It comes almost three months after a majority of Evertonians voted in favour of the move in a landmark ballot of 36,000 supporters.

Everton’s chief executive Keith Wyness said: “As we have done all along, we fully support what we regard as a key, hugely significant initiative both for ourselves and the people of Kirkby.

“Having gained a mandate from our own supporters to relocate to the area, we are now anxious to not only ascertain the views and the opinions of residents and traders, but also to begin what will be an intense programme designed to build a lasting relationship with the people of Kirkby.”

3DEBDB81-E81B-7367-2C9ED4631D122C07.jpg

The last major exhibition of the £400m project was staged in June when thousands of residents visited Knowsley council’s offices in Kirkby town centre.

At that event, the exact stadium site off Valley Road was revealed along with plans for a coach park for 200 vehicles south of the ground and a multi-storey for 1,000 cars to the north.

Tesco’s corporate affairs manager Tony Fletcher said: “In June the development potential of the site was outlined in a public exhibition and this consultation takes things a stage further.

“We have listened to a range of opinions during this time and have been in dialogue with a number of different parties.

“We are trying to establish an expanded town centre with a high-street feel and we are in ongoing negotiations with a number of fashion retailers that are attracted to Kirkby by the opportunities that a development of this size brings.”

Last week Knowsley council decided to start consulting residents about a new “vision” for Kirkby, a crucial legal document which would allow councillors to approve a future planning application from Everton and Tesco.

cgi-4.jpg

imposingkirkby.jpg

Don't sit on the fence, tell us what you really think?

I am beginning to think that the Echo are back peddling recently... in the past two days, this has all been released:

They have published 'proper' images of how the stadium will look.

They have mentioned that the Bestway are still allowing Everton to use their land for a stadium.

They have mentioned that HOK have said a 55,000 staduim can be built in the city centre

Last week they said how 71 houses will have to be demolished for the new stadium.

i heard tonight there is a small possibility of a repeat vote, and there is growing pressure on kenwright to take more notice of potential buyers, and its BK and KW feeling the pressure for a second vote.

and a little "i told you soo", take a look at the accounts, particularly the advertising section and the turnover section.

i heard tonight there is a small possibility of a repeat vote, and there is growing pressure on kenwright to take more notice of potential buyers, and its BK and KW feeling the pressure for a second vote.

and a little "i told you soo", take a look at the accounts, particularly the advertising section and the turnover section.

I think a second vote is completely justified. If these tesco pictures were released when the 1st vote took place I am certain more people would have voted NO and I am even more certain that those that were sitting on the fence and chose not to vote would have been motivated by these pictures to Vote NO!

Bestway / Loop site despite appearing fanciful is looking more attractive by the minute.

Edited by Ex-Pat-Sefton

i know what we should do! forget about the kirkby site forget about any other site and stay at Goodison!!!! lets spend the rest of our days being laughed at by derby wigan and boro, coz lets be honest there ground is better suited for modern day football. i know in imo im sick and tired of lookin round posts my neck hurts when i go the games, i've had to go the doctors to get a sick note for it. lets all be honest now it looks like this is set, its not that bad a stadium with room for expantion on the corners and to go up if we need it, tbh im sick of all you moaning blah blah nothin you say can stop this happening its going ahead. ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO STOP GOING THE GAMES?????

i know what we should do! forget about the kirkby site forget about any other site and stay at Goodison!!!! lets spend the rest of our days being laughed at by derby wigan and boro, coz lets be honest there ground is better suited for modern day football. i know in imo im sick and tired of lookin round posts my neck hurts when i go the games, i've had to go the doctors to get a sick note for it. lets all be honest now it looks like this is set, its not that bad a stadium with room for expantion on the corners and to go up if we need it, tbh im sick of all you moaning blah blah nothin you say can stop this happening its going ahead. ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO STOP GOING THE GAMES?????

Youre very sure of yourself. Still a long way to go before its signed, sealed and delivered.

the congestion??? how bad is it at Goodison yorkie??? its not coz its in kirkby its coz its the start of somethin new, has there been any solid plans t keep us in liverpool? like whats been put forward this time?? the kings dock what happened there?? and i'd like to sit in a ground where you can sit in any seat and have an obstruction in the way like the grounds i've been to to watch everton newcastle before and after rebuild, derby, boro, southampton to name a few even leeds away end lol

first up, if you wanna complain about looking round posts, dont get a seat with an obstructed view! ive not and one for about five years now!

congestion at Goodison does not exist compared to other grounds.

it takes 24minutes to clear Goodison, it takes 90minutes to clear bolton (search google if you want to find the research)

and not one on this thread is saying they arent going to the games if its in kirkby!

there is a small minority on TT who say they wont go, but take a look closer to home, with the current people in charge of this club there are a lot who wont go to Goodison!