IGNORED

Lescott At International Level

jofanon

to a certain extent i agree but does any of that "team" look good at all? the only one who looked really good tonight was david beckham when he had the ball. Crouch too he was alright. Everyone else was either shit or was just unlucky (unlucky = lescott, sol campbell and barry)

He's got the ability he just looks very nervous.

Not suprised with a non-existant midfield in front of him and a third rate manager.

He seems to get pulled out of position a little bit though

He certainly wasn't a 3 out of 10 last night. That's very harsh.

1 goal was goalies fault

2nd goal was everyone's fault

3d goal no one closed him down in midfield

No obvious mistake from big Jo he just looks lost.

i think he did get dragged to the left a biit last night but he had to cover for the AWFULL Wayne Bridge. I have never seen such a shit performance. The midfield was shocking no closing down for the whole game, Why was Hargreaves not brought on????????????????????? Sol Cambell on numerous occasions vacated were he should have been and just got nipped around. Cant blame one player because for me out of the 14 that played 3 turned up. Didnt deserve to go through and at least McClarren is gone now

i think he did get dragged to the left a biit last night but he had to cover for the AWFULL Wayne Bridge. I have never seen such a shit performance. The midfield was shocking no closing down for the whole game, Why was Hargreaves not brought on????????????????????? Sol Cambell on numerous occasions vacated were he should have been and just got nipped around. Cant blame one player because for me out of the 14 that played 3 turned up. Didnt deserve to go through and at least McClarren is gone now

I thought Lescott, whilst looking a bit nervy with the ball (5 yard pass man) was fairly solid and didn't do a lot wrong, he got in a few good positions to clear crosses etc. None of the goals were his fault, the 2nd goal he was possibly slightly guilty of by losing the header on the halfway line etc, but in reality it was Sol Campbell who looked like an absolute bona fide donkey, he's totally lost his pace. Wayne Bridge was absolutely abysmal, stonewall 1 out of 10 performance, and Micah Richards wasn't much better. Carson was to blame for at least one of the goals, as was Sol Campbell. The whole team, Crouch aside, were useless. Gerrard put in the worst captains display I've ever seen, I've always thought his performances for England were lacklustre but last night he was a disgrace. The pitch was heavy tho, every single cross we put in (Beckham's cross for the goal and one from Wright-Phillips aside) didn't beat the first man - reminded me of our match against Nuremburg when Arteta had the same problem on a heavy pitch.

Edited by carlmc25

All the replies (as far as I read) point out what a worthless article it is though. Completely meaningless...I particularly liked this one....

Lescott is superb for an Everton TEAM where he plays with a strong goalkeeper, Nigeria's captain alongside him and ALWAYS has easy options of Arteta and Carsley. Playing for England amongst a clique of overpaid, over hyped, under-acheiving millionaires must be very difficult for him.

Joe Cole did fuck all cant see how u can say he done good but then again no one done good. The tabloids lie sol cambell shud be shot for his awful perfromance. wayne bridge (do i need to say more). Lampard and Gerard (when will these managers see that they just cant play together). That rating is very harsh on Joey best in team IMO (apart from Crouch ) I can understand those ratings about him tho not his fault its cos he plays in a team of has beens ie: Cambell, Beckham, Bridge.

Joe Cole did fuck all cant see how u can say he done good but then again no one done good. The tabloids lie sol cambell shud be shot for his awful perfromance. wayne bridge (do i need to say more). Lampard and Gerard (when will these managers see that they just cant play together). That rating is very harsh on Joey best in team IMO (apart from Crouch ) I can understand those ratings about him tho not his fault its cos he plays in a team of has beens ie: Cambell, Beckham, Bridge.

ok point number;

1) Joe Cole AInt A Left Winger

2) Joe cole is about quick feet and running at defenders, and when u have a Wet pitch he can't to jackshit, but when he lost the ball he worked bloody hard to get it back and did on a few occasions.

3) How can you expect Wayne Bridge to just come in and be a GOD, He is constantly on the bench and didn't look on the ball.

4) Lescott didn't have a great game, but played better than most, Beckham played the best got back and defended and played a peach of a ball, then Crouch(Great Goal, but can't hold the ball up), then Joey(needs a few more caps with some experienced players.