IGNORED

Finch Farm Paying Dividends Already...

Louis

A promising young Congleton footballer turned down the advances of a host of high profile Premiership clubs to play for Everton.

Twelve-year-old Ryan Read from Burns Road opted to sign for the Blues up to his 16th birthday, after taking in their state of the art new training facilities at Finch Farm in Halewood.

Having been at Crewe Alexandra since January 2004, Everton managed to sway the Congleton High School youngster after a number of impressive performances for the Cheshire club.

Ryan said: "They'd been looking at me for a while and came and watched me a few times.

"There was a few clubs interested at the time but I chose Everton.

"They were moving to this new training ground with a good set up, which they've just started using now.

"Some of the grass is a replica of the Goodison pitch, the building is really high tech and the Astroturf is the most advanced surface available."

James, whose suitors included Liverpool and Manchester City, now trains with Everton on Mondays and Thursdays, with a match every Sunday.

He has been enjoying his experience since signing in May, taking his family on a tour of the famous old ground and meeting first team manager David Moyes.

James, who lists his favourite players as James McFadden and Mikel Arteta, said: "Meeting the manager was quite nerve racking at first but he's quite nice like he comes across on the telly."

Dad Shaun Read said: "When we looked round the place it was fantastic and I think that's what swayed him.

"Crewe have been really good to him over the years but when you see interest from a club like that you realise it's time to move."

---

I don't know what the name of the kid is either, it's either James or Ryan Read ;)