IGNORED

New Ground Name

right everybody seems to be going on about how they do and don't want the club to move!!! forget about all that all i want to know is what if it goes through how would you name it???? if the club said it down to the fans what would you call it it?? i've seen a few names on another site which where funny but i'd like you honest answers

a few names that i've seen

1. HIBBODROME

2. SHELL SUIT ARENA

3. KIRKBY STADIUM

4. THE SCOUSE BOWL

5. WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE NOW ARENA (my own naming)

haha

please lets know what you would like it to be called

id name teh 4 stands after legends, with a statue over looking an enterance on each.

Dean

Labone

Ball

?????(hopefully not Hickson)

Sounds like your criteria for being a legend is that have to die.

Dixie Dean for sure.

Labone (probably).

Ball (also probably) but where does that leave Kendall and Harvey? Kendall will end up being a bigger Everton legend than all but Dixie Dean (I think).

Then theres Alex Young, Fred Pickering, Ray Wilson, Bob Latchford (ok he didnt win any medals with us but he was a true HERO in the 70's. The name Latchford and Eveton go hand in hand. Then theres a multitude of 80's players Neville Southall, Trevor Steven, Kevin Ratcliffe, Graeme Sharp among many others.

So who deserves it?

I'd like to see a Dixie Dean stand (has a ring to it but would probably end up being the William Ralph Dean stand).

ALSO would love to see a Goodison STAND.

Maybe a ST. Domingo's Stand.

AND I would really like to see St. Ruperts Tower incorpoated into the design somewhere. (perhaps one of the corners) but would be too expensive I suppose.

i dont think they have to die to become a legend, but its not often people get recognition when they are still alive.

id love the idea of having ruperts tower design as one of the corners, but like you said it would be expensive.

maybe a holy trinity stand to get kendall and harvey in there too :huh:

How could you have a Gwladys Street end that's not on Gwladys Street?

Didn't think about that

could always be called the Fruit Stand, Drinks Stand The Dairy Product Stand and the Meat Stand :( <_<

Cant stand the fact were bumming up to Tesco to get a cheap stadium, thats how I see it anyway.

KEIOC :)

Edited by Blue4Ever

Am terrified of ending up wif a corporately Dumb name like Chang Hut, Tesco Bell, or a finer example the Emirates, Reebok & JJb Stadium's .

This new ground more often than not simply gets called "The Kirkby Stadium" a bit boring I suppose but it will probably stick if it keeps getting referred as that.

Similarly like the Emirates is also referred to as Ashburton Grove (although hardly not anymore) but unlike the cockneys, I think Scousers would be more likely to stick to a 'proper' name rather than a sponsers name.

So at the moment its the Kirby Stadium, if it gets underway then perhaps it will start getting referred to as something else.

As someone else mentioned, imagine naming the loop stadium, just so easy. Scottie Rd Stadium, Tunnel or Mersey End. But my guess is "The Loop" would stick.

I'd like our new home end to be called the "Goodison End" - at least journalists and commentators would be able to bring in the word Goodison into all future match reports and commentaries and the like - like "Everton are attacking their favourite end - the Goodison End' and when we're attacking the other way we'll "have the Goodison faithful behind us". Its little things like that that matters to me rather than the location.

Our new ground will no doubt have a sponsors name as thats the way things are moving now but there's no reason why we can't have an underlying name like 'New Goodison' or something like that, Arsenal play at Ashburton Grove but due to their deal with Emirates will play at the 'Emirates Stadium' for a number of years.

....i could see the "Tesco Velodrome" being apt.

...you know something we don't Jay?

ve·lo·drome

noun--a sports arena equipped with a banked track for cycling.

Don't know about anyone else but I find the thought of Hibbo in lycra shorts quite disturbing :unsure: .

Edited by MikeO

Asda have now entered the melting pot to build the Stadium, as rivals to Tesco's. :huh:

Askwith, a butcher from Yorkshire, got together with Stockdale Dairies and formed an Association. = ASDA

got nothing to do with football, its just a bit of useless info. :D