IGNORED

Anderson Silva da Franca

KillaGTiR

Anderson Silva - one word, QUALITY

Anderson Silva played 69 minutes today as Barnsley beat Scunthorpe 2-0. A few of the Barnsley fans at http://www.barnsleyfc.org.uk seem happy with his performance!

Anderson DeSilva - one word, QUALITY. Looks so comfortable on the ball and delivers some terrific crosses into the box. One particular free kick in the second half was brilliant, met by the head of Souza and he was unlucky to see it come back off the underside of the bar and out.

The fact you havent mentioned Anderson as a positive is staggering. By far the best player on the pitch.

Aye, that unbelievable run from the corner flag and cross for Odejayi in the first half was nothing. Nor the 60 yard pass he pinged into Campbell-Ryce, or the multiple tackles he won.

He was the only player who really turned up in the first half, and was excellent in the 2nd until subbed to avoid a red card presumably.

For a loan player, he shows a hell of a lot more passion than a lot that we've had in the last few years.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barnsley love this fella. So much that they rave about him on 606 and are giving away signed "Anderson" shirts. I just don't know what we should do with this guy. Can he really hack it?

http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...1174012,00.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A29454267

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A29552303

Indeed. Speaking with a lad at work, he seemed to have had a great couple of pre-season games. It'd be nice to have a Brazilian on form in the team. :P

its true he had a great game against werder bremem i think he needs one more year before we see him in our strating lin up

Now who in the current Everton squad would you leave out or put on the bench in favour of De Silva....? For me no one...but then again you never know who wil get injured.

If he was going to be an Everton player and really was that good he would be on the bench now or even starting line up, so for me he will probably go in the summer or become van de meyde's room mate for the away reserve games.

Now who in the current Everton squad would you leave out or put on the bench in favour of De Silva....? For me no one...but then again you never know who wil get injured.

If he was going to be an Everton player and really was that good he would be on the bench now or even starting line up, so for me he will probably go in the summer or become van de meyde's room mate for the away reserve games.

I love stuff like that!

What exactly are you basing that on? How people can assess a player based on 5 minutes in the prem & a handfull of friendlys (where he played very well may I add) is beyond me.

Cue the 'well if he was goood enough he'd be playing' comment :rolleyes:

Cue the 'well if he was goood enough he'd be playing' comment :rolleyes:

Well......he would!

I am not judging his playing ability, the coaching staff and management at Everton are. The fact he is not in the team speaks volumes, players who are good enough are in the teams. Why loan out your "best" players...

Cue the 'don't talk stupid' comment :rolleyes:

Well......he would!

I am not judging his playing ability, the coaching staff and management at Everton are. The fact he is not in the team speaks volumes, players who are good enough are in the teams. Why loan out your "best" players...

Cue the 'don't talk stupid' comment :rolleyes:

James Vaughan!

EDIT: infact, Ossie, Turner, Ruddy they've all been on loan and the point of it is to give them experience and take a good look at them playing every week.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Beckham was also sent out on loan. Not that I'm comparing them, of course; the point is that it's generally the clubs with a so-called small club mentality that desperately keep a player in their squad even though said player needs time to adjust to the Prem. It stunts their game to do that because, regardless of talent, we're all well aware that players need to be able t handle themselves in this league.

At least, I hope he is one of those players. Guess we'll find out when the squad starts to get stretched in the New Year.

• Louis changed the title to Anderson Silva da Franca