IGNORED

Unique Marketing Opportunity

Zed

Currently in Thialand wearing pink is the must do for their population since the King wore a pink coloured Jacket

We could do with Everton getting those Pink Everton Kits on General sale and Chang could get some in their local promotional campaigns

Always a good excuse to see the lovely amanda holden

post-301-1197103785_thumb.jpg

Very good point Zed, saw that on the news....he came out of hospital just before his eightieth birthday wearing the jacket..

King Bhumibol spent three weeks in hospital last month having treatment for heart problems and other ailments.

Thai commentators said pink first became an important colour for him earlier this year, when royal astrologers determined it was a good colour for his health.

On that recommendation, a pink royal crest was designed for his 80th birthday on 5 December.

Civil servant Rose Tarin, 56, recently camped outside a clothing store from 4am to ensure she was able to buy one of the latest shipments of pink shirts.

The King wore a pink shirt and jacket when leaving hospital

"Wearing pink brings the king luck. I don't want him to be sick," she said.

They even got the army dressed in pink tunics for his birthday parade :o !

Hell of a marketing opportunity falling into Everton's lap, Umbro no doubt putting a few Chinese sweat shops on high alert as we speak <_< .

Edited by MikeO

i was in Thailand last week and I was appalled at how poorly everton have made use of having a Thai sponsor. We have Thailands second biggest Beer on our shirts yet most Thai people don't know anything about us.

It made me cringe when i got in a taxi and said i was from England and the first thing he said was "ahh Liverpool!!!"

I saw West Ham shirts on stalls as well as the usual shite but no Everton stuff anywhere.

We did the same when we wasted our opportunity to take on one of the biggest populations in the world when we had Chinese sponsors and never went there. admitedly it was initally put off because of SARS but we should have rescheduled later on.

The whole yellow thing really had me baffled at first, i just noticed everyone in Bangkok seemed to be wearing yellow polo shirts but didn't know why, it was only when i saw something on the news that I understood what it was about!

I was in Thailand for a few months earlier in the year and their were thai people in everton shirts everywhere. There was even chang adverts with everton players on them, (mainly Beattie). Alot of Thai's i spoke to knew alot about everton. Everyone their though does support Man Utd or Liverpool, but thats about their success andhistory not Everton's poor marketing over there.

I saw lots of stalls selling everton merchandise, most notably up Koh San Road in Bangkok.

We obviously just saw different things but from my experience the knowledge of Everton in Thailand is not lacking, and the people i spoke to love the fact that a big premeiership club is sponsered by a thai beer.

fair do's Jamie! I was only in Bangkok for 3 nights and saw nothing though I didn't see anything of Everton in Phuket or Khao Lak either. even worse the speed boat i went on to Phi Phi Islands and all the other ones had the shites embelem on.

good to see there is stuff around but we could definately do with having a tour over there in the summer with a few friendly's and a bit of marketing drive.