IGNORED

Yakubu

c1982

The team has played 19 games since he made his début on 9/1, and he's made it onto the pitch for 16 of them. He has so far:

8 goals in 10 EPL appearances (8 starts, 2 subs)

1 goal in 6 UEFA Cup/Carling Cup appearances (all starts)

Total: 9 goals in 16 games in all competitions

We might wish the distribution was a little more balanced, but it's hard to argue with someone who's scoring at a rate of better than a goal every other game.

The team has played 19 games since he made his début on 9/1, and he's made it onto the pitch for 16 of them. He has so far:

8 goals in 10 EPL appearances (8 starts, 2 subs)

1 goal in 6 UEFA Cup/Carling Cup appearances (all starts)

Total: 9 goals in 16 games in all competitions

We might wish the distribution was a little more balanced, but it's hard to argue with someone who's scoring at a rate of better than a goal every other game.

8 starts resulting in 10 goals is pretty sweet!

It would suggest that his game (our perhaps that of the midfield) is more suited to the premiership than Europe. Do you think he can make it on the european stage?

8 starts resulting in 10 goals is pretty sweet!

It would suggest that his game (our perhaps that of the midfield) is more suited to the premiership than Europe. Do you think he can make it on the european stage?

You mean 8 Goals in 10 starts.

I was one of his biggest Critics when we signed him because of his poor fitness and his poor work ethic, and was a bit surprised when Moyes signed him Knowing that he was'nt the Ideal Work horse that he usually goes for, But i will willingly admit he is making me think differently about him, and i hope he carries on scoring and gets into the Twenties for us this season.

Although I havnt been on this to post my views on the Yak I was disapointed at the beginning with his work rate, he seemed a poor mans Beattie ( :blink: ). His record though was unquestionable and I always believed he would get at least a dozen goals this season. His work rate has improved no end and hes getting the goals as well. Like Bill said, hes not the work horse that some fans and Moyes expect but hes a goal scorer and as long as he does the business then i dont think many can complain. Its also clear that the support to him is getting better and better each game. Piannar has been superb, Mikky and Tim same old, and Osman has started putting in the performances as well. I think if this quality midfield keeps going then the goals will keep flowing for Yakubu. In my opinion hes answered his critics.

Feed the Yak.....