IGNORED

Alkmaar Away (uefa Cup)

Calico

It's live on tv (channel 5 again) and I'll be watching it. Perhaps a chance for Moyes to play some of the fringe players? The likes of Grav, VDM, some youngsters??? Surely he should rest the likes of Yak, Ossie, Cahill, Cars, Pienaar, Arteta, and maybe even some of the back line??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one for playing the strongest team for every game but on this occasion with the job done and the Group already won i think the lads deserve a rest, we have Manure and Arsenal coming up soon so i would like to see a complete fringe 11, dont know what players are in the Eufa squad but would like to see something like this.........

....................... wessells.....................

hibbert ..... jagielka .... stubbs .... valente

vd meyde .. graveson .. vidarsson .. mcfadden

............... vaughan .. anichebe ...............

Never thought I'd see the day when Bill would pick VDM for the team, whatever the circumstances. Sounding unlikely though according to the Echo...

WITH business in UEFA Cup Group A all but wrapped up, it is highly likely that a number of Everton’s players will be given a breather in Alkmaar onThursday.

That should provide those who have been on the fringes in recent weeks - James McFadden, Thomas Gravesen and Victor Anichebe - a chance to show their well-being yet it would be an enormous surprise if one man who holds a prominent squad number does likewise.

Andy van der Meyde currently occupies Everton’s seven jersey but there is little chance of that seeing the light of day any time soon; with Moyes looking for a left sided midfielder in the January transfer window, the clock is clearly running down on his career at Goodison Park.

Having expressed his sorrow for missing training after the opening game of the season against Wigan Athletic and served his subsequent punishment, it seemed as if the door was pushed open slightly for him when he was included in the squad for two games in September.

Since then, though, van der Meyde has not been anywhere near the first team. An engaging and likeable character, things have never worked out for him here and we are likely to discover on Thursday that there will be no way back.

Personally I hope they're wrong and Bill's right :) . Love to see that team, or one very close to it.

Edited by MikeO

....................... wessells.....................

hibbert ..... jagielka .... stubbs .... valente

vd meyde .. graveson .. vidarsson .. mcfadden

............... vaughan .. anichebe ...............

Am thinkin the same Licker. I hope VDM starts he needs a chance to prove himself. Moyes wont be playing his best team because we have the Man Utd game 3 days after that game which we need to atleast draw to keep our fine record but r record cud be over by then by AZ.

yeah, if we named the same team that played yesterday our odds to win would be about the same as AZ but it's highly unlikely they'll all play.

don't think it'll be as changed a side as i'd like to see but i'm sure yak, arteta and cahill at least will get a break.

not a lot of choice in defence to give yobo and lescott a break but it would be good to rest one of them if possible.

I don't think Davey'll want to lose but would gladly settle for a draw (as would most of us I guess) so the defence needs to be strong. Going to Old Trafford thirteen unbeaten next Sunday would be great.

AZ had an unexpected rest yesterday btw, hope there's no continuing problem Thursday...

"ALKMAAR- The Eredivisie top fixtures Feyenoord v AZ, scheduled for Saturday night, and Ajax v PSV, scheduled for Sunday afternoon, have been cancelled. After the police unions ACP and ANPV had announced they would hold an industrial action union during the time the matches were to be played, the mayors of Rotterdam and Amsterdam decided to call off the Eredivisie top fixtures.

They decided to do so as public security could not be guaranteed."

well my team would be:-

...................Wessels..................

hibbo......rodwell.....jagielka...valente

.....vidarsson......gravo....kissock........

......................mcfadden.................

........vaughan...............anichebe..........

as i am going i would like to see an attacking line up with sme of the youngsters involved ala rodwell and kissock. as i believe they are both registered for europe

I just got a ticket in the home end with the lads :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fly over to Amsterdam tomorrow lunch time, let the fun and games commence!

Well deserved Liam, enjoy!

Fascinated to see if VDM is on the plane tomorrow. Maybe Ossie's toe could come to his rescue....if he doesn't get a shout under these circumstances in his home country then he's as good as gone surely.

well my team would be:-

hibbo......rodwell.....jagielka...valente

as i am going i would like to see an attacking line up with sme of the youngsters involved ala rodwell and kissock. as i believe they are both registered for europe

Not being funny mate but we would get hammered with that lineup.

This is the perfect opportunity to play who ever he wants, to a lesser extent the way arsenal do in the carling cup

I think he should play that young left back and Vic and vaughan up front

think I would go with that line up

hibbo......rodwell.....jagielka...Boyle

Dont think Moyes is that brave though

According to Toffeeweb..

NOT GOING

Van der Meyde — who needed 13 stitches in a leg gash from playing in the Reserves

Ha Ha Ha, He has'nt been injured since february, has been continually moaning about how he's never been given a chance and now he had every chance of getting a game in Alkmaar, surprise surprise he's injured again.

I was willing to give him another chance tomorrow because there is nothing at stake, but thats it Get fookin rid of him for fook sake.

He probably stumbled and fell over all the beer bottles in his back yard. :angry:

Yes, looks good.

We might see a 16 yr old Rodwell make his début in Alkmaar. Kissock in there also, it must be make or break for him - there have been reports in the papers he's off to ManCity because Moyes told him to get a haircut (yes, really!)

How close is your mate to the first team in your opinion, Geth?

He probably stumbled and fell over all the beer bottles in his back yard. :angry:

Injured in the mini-derby on 5th December in fact.

(Edit.."A shin injury has denied Andy van der Meyde a return to the Everton side.

David Moyes revealed that he planned to bring van der Meyde to play against AZ Alkmaar, but the Dutch winger required stitches in a gash on his leg.

The Everton boss will make several changes after bringing several untried youngsters on the European trip.

Moyes told evertonfc.com: "We wanted to bring Andy to play but he has got a gash in his shin that required 13 stitches.

"We hoped he would recover in time to play because it would have been an opportunity for him.

"He has has his problems but we never exclude anybody at Everton, we want him here working hard.

"He is a terrific talent and we hope he can show what he can do.")

Gonna be some interesting names in the team tomorrow though, very much looking forward to seeing it.

Edited by MikeO

I think moyes will go 442 with

--------------Wessels----------------

Hibbo----Lescott--Jagielka--Valente

Pienaar--Carsley--Graveson--Kissock

---------Mc Fadden--Johnson-----------

surely Kissock or Rodwell will start anyway.

i cud go for that, fancy boyle to startover nuno though