IGNORED

Stars On Kit

Louis

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Everton crest include a star for the 1985 Cup Winners Cup?

• Yes
    • No

I remember when Nike offered Sunderland a contract a few years ago, I read they offered pittance but the CEO of Sunderland was trying to rebrand Sunderland into a fashionable club and thought that by having Nike involved it would be that much easier so they accepted it.

I don't think having those across the park helps us, Nike and Adidas like to have a team in all of the major derbies but when it comes to the Merseyside Derby we are seen as underdogs by most outsiders and the larger manufacturers may want to steer clear because of the lesser reputation.

Just because a uniform has a Nike or Adidas crest on it doesn't mean the company's paying them a lot of money. You see it all the time over on this side of the pond...a big university like Ohio State and some tiny third-tier school are both wearing the Nike swoosh, but Nike's paying Ohio State big bucks to put it on their uniforms, and all the small school is getting for that swoosh on the shirt is a season's worth of free shoes. But just to look at them, you wouldn't know the difference. I don't care about being "fashionable," I'm doing business with the company that's going to PAY me.

Not especially bothered about the logo. Quite liked the shirt when I first saw it, the problem is that it's the same basic design as all Umbro. Adidas carries pretty much the same problem. The Aberdeen shirt looks like a one-off design, like the ManU shirt. That's what I'd like....have great attachment now to our Puma Kejian era shirts because they were unique.