IGNORED

Where Do We Go From Here?

jofanon

We have got good players and every position now and there isn't an obvious weak spot.

Its only the dynamic midfield general we really need.

But where do we go from here? The likes of Yak, AJ and Mikel are some of the best players in the league outside of the big names i.e Torres, Drogba, Fabregas, Lampard etc. We can't afford this level of player so where do we go next?

What I mean is:

First class

=======

Drogba

Torres

Rooney (spit)

Tevez

Gerrard

Lampard

Ronaldo

Fabregas

Second class (best of the rest)

====================

Berbatov

Keane

Benjani

G Barry

Muntari

Anelka

David Bentley

Maybe we dont need to. Its not like Wenger has bought big name players.

In my opinion to progress we need;

Right Back with flair - Alan Hutton?

Either one creative and 'dominant' Centre Midfielder but likely two, as players with both qualities are hard to find - Albelda, Fernandes, Diaby, Diarra, a Lucho Gonzalez type, and I like Jean Makoun at Lille. Bentley would be a good call too.

Thats 3 'quality' players which I think would give us a first XI when all fit to threaten Liverpool as I without any bias see them by some degree the weakest of the top four. But that's only a starting eleven and not a squad. To go any further we would need firstly to retain all out current top players, and then continue adding quality additions year on year.

With a bit of nous we can add those players without having to spend mega bucks. Moyes has done it many times. Momentum is vital, we have it now and its crucial we keep it going. Even a couple of loan deals in January will freshen things up not to mention provide much needed cover. Who knows where we will be in May but if we have something to build on then we must grab that chance with both hands.

Our immediate aim must be to consolidate our position as the 'best of the rest' so for me if that means another couple of top six finishes with a cup thrown in, I would be more than happy to take it. I do have the feeling though that our dear neighbours are very much within our sights so lets keep on eye on the ball.

COYB.

We go signing first class players who dont play for a "massive" club and MAY be interested in joinging Everton

eg.

Nasri

Jesus Navas

Both are long shots but we have much more chance of signing them, than players like Lampard.

Basically i think its time we now start going after 1st class players

(If we can)

We go signing first class players who dont play for a "massive" club and MAY be interested in joinging Everton

eg.

Nasri

Jesus Navas

Both are long shots but we have much more chance of signing them, than players like Lampard.

Basically i think its time we now start going after 1st class players

(If we can)

Them names will come in time IMO. When and if we get further in the U.E.F.A Cup we will become more well known and good players will like the challange of being the underdogs in the league and wanting to rise above the likes of Chelski and the shite and show its class over money.

In my opinion to progress we need;

Right Back with flair - Alan Hutton?

Either one creative and 'dominant' Centre Midfielder but likely two, as players with both qualities are hard to find - Albelda, Fernandes, Diaby, Diarra, a Lucho Gonzalez type, and I like Jean Makoun at Lille. Bentley would be a good call too.

Thats 3 'quality' players which I think would give us a first XI when all fit to threaten Liverpool as I without any bias see them by some degree the weakest of the top four. But that's only a starting eleven and not a squad. To go any further we would need firstly to retain all out current top players, and then continue adding quality additions year on year.

With a bit of nous we can add those players without having to spend mega bucks. Moyes has done it many times. Momentum is vital, we have it now and its crucial we keep it going. Even a couple of loan deals in January will freshen things up not to mention provide much needed cover. Who knows where we will be in May but if we have something to build on then we must grab that chance with both hands.

Our immediate aim must be to consolidate our position as the 'best of the rest' so for me if that means another couple of top six finishes with a cup thrown in, I would be more than happy to take it. I do have the feeling though that our dear neighbours are very much within our sights so lets keep on eye on the ball.

COYB.

I think thats as fair and balanced and realistic as you could possibly get

Think Moyes is constantly searching for that "Quality midfielder"

Look at our first team and the majority are all mid-twenties

MOYES OUT

I think thats as fair and balanced and realistic as you could possibly get

Think Moyes is constantly searching for that "Quality midfielder"

Look at our first team and the majority are all mid-twenties

MOYES OUT

Do u know what that will do to the team. If he ever goes especially now the whole team will break down IMO. We will end up getting sum foregin person who doesnt no what to do wit the team.

In about 5 more years time Moyes's time might be up. At that time I think Everton will be pushing for a solid finish in a champions league spot and we will need a better manager to do that and by that time Moyes might want the Scotland job or sum other job

I doubt he was being serious :rolleyes:

We need a new defensive midfielder to replace Cars, preferably a box to box man. A left winger. A quality right back who can attack as well as defend, who also has good positional sense. I'd love Hutton but with Manure sniffing around that would be unlikely.

imo, perfect!

I doubt he was being serious :rolleyes:

We need a new defensive midfielder to replace Cars, preferably a box to box man. A left winger. A quality right back who can attack as well as defend, who also has good positional sense. I'd love Hutton but with Manure sniffing around that would be unlikely.

Ya never no wit ZED wether he's being serious or not. :D

My point wasn't that we need a few players to strengthen but more that we are having reached the pinnacle of what we can afford.

For example, how are you going to improve on players like Yak? You need to be shopping in the big names market.

We can strenghen in one or two areas but for me most of the team rebuilding has been done. There is still a little way to go granted.

Phase 1 - safe from relegation

Phase 2 - mid table security

Phase 3 - regular top 6 & europe

Phase 4 - regular top 6 & europe, win something

Phase 5 - top 4 & champions league

Phase 6 - the world!

I think we are midway between phase 3 and 4 at the moment. I just think to get in phases 4 onwards we will struggle because we can't afford that level of 'super-player'. But as I've said before, Wenger seems to be able to do it. Just look at Fabregas (absolute quality). World Class player and was 'affordable' because of his age.

So in other words. I've totally contradicted myself. :)