IGNORED

Moyes Was 18 Minutes From Resigning!

EFCfanatic

I apolagize if someone else has posted this but I couldn't find it anywhere!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20267819/

David Moyes has revealed he was just 18 minutes away from quitting Everton this season.

He claims he would have considered resigning as Everton boss if the Blues had lost their UEFA Cup first round tie with Metalist Kharkhiv in September.

Moyes says he would have looked at his position because questions would have been asked about him if he had lost a third successive European tie.

"Metalist was a big game for me," he said. "I wanted to take Everton into Europe and I needed to show that I could do it.

"Maybe if it hadn't happened that night, who knows what would have happened?

"I'm always testing myself and that's the type of person I am. I think that Metalist game was an important game. I felt for me and for my development I needed it. But if we hadn't gone through there might have been others who felt, 'well he's had a couple of goes now and it didn't work. Maybe he can't do it'."

Everton trailed 2-1 until the 72nd minute when James McFadden scored to put them on their way to a priceless 3-2 victory.

The game proved to be the turning point of Everton's season and they have lost just three of the 17 games since to climb to sixth in the Premier League and reach the Carling Cup semi-finals and the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.

Moyes claims that night was one of his toughest as Everton boss and he feared he would not be able to find a way to win.

"Every time I played a card, Metalist played another and topped me on the night I thought," he said. "It was a great learning experience.

"Everything I did, they did something different to better it. Then I had to change again and they did it again. They made a move that nearly beat my card trick in the end, but we managed to win through.

"Looking back it was a pivotal win for this club. It gave us great belief and we went from a first half in which we looked like we were going out of the UEFA Cup to a position now where we fear nobody, no matter who we're taking on."

Everton will take this new confidence into today's teatime clash with Arsenal at Goodison and the Blues have won this fixture in the last two seasons.

"Hopefully last season's game will give us belief that we can beat Arsenal and we are a better team than we were last season," said Moyes. "We're playing good football, plus we have shown we can be tough when we have to be," he said.

Shocker if true!