IGNORED

Safa Want Pienaar Banned

Louis

Yes we pay his wages, but we also knew he played for his country when we took him on. It so happens that the manager of this national team would take this action, which is something else the club should be aware of.

I really wanted the lad to play but it's not to be.

Yes we pay his wages, but we also knew he played for his country when we took him on. It so happens that the manager of this national team would take this action, which is something else the club should be aware of.

I really wanted the lad to play but it's not to be.

oh sod this, I said I wouldn't post again but it's too frustrating reading this and it's still the best Everton forum online. Pienaar IS playing, doesn't anyone check the OS or read the Echo?

In short:

South Africa expected Pienaar to arrive for camp yesterday

David Moyes wants Pienaar to play at Chelsea.

Pienaar wants to play Chelsea

David Moyes has said Pienaar can play Chelsea and will have two weeks with SA squad before their first game of AFCON.

SAFA are saying that Everton are breaching rules and want to get FIFA involved.

In short:

South Africa expected Pienaar to arrive for camp yesterday

David Moyes wants Pienaar to play at Chelsea.

Pienaar wants to play Chelsea

David Moyes has said Pienaar can play Chelsea and will have two weeks with SA squad before their first game of AFCON.

SAFA are saying that Everton are breaching rules and want to get FIFA involved.

I'd be surprised if we lose out on this. It's one of our biggest games in years and we are desperately short of cover in midfield, South Africa don't play for a couple of weeks so it seems entirely reasonable for Everton to request that Pienaar stays, especially considering we pay his wages and that Pienaar himself wants to stay. Nice one Moyes.

Carl, we have.. FIFA have ordered Pienaar to the South Africa squad. They acted pretty quick

well that's a pisser and no mistake! oh well, good try from Moyes. We're in trouble now, although to be fair Chelsea are missing players too. Dogs of War time now in the first leg, if Oldham can beat us then there's no reason why we can't got to a weakened Chelsea team and get a result. I think we have to put out an incredibly defensive midfield, 451 but with Cahill supporting big time Yak. Maybe McFadden in there in case he produces something. We need to defend well, very well.

If it was one of the 'top four' would it have been different? Probably.

almost definitely.