Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

Faddy

Would not accept less than £4m for him. Paid £1.5m I believe for him. Don't have to sell as can't see us bringing anyone in for that amount of money that will be better than him.

Would only agree with signing if someone came in to replace him so would have to be around £6m but never going to get that but then again look at what people pay for Heskey

Yeah at todays going rate probs worth nearer 5 but would sell for 4. doesn't do it for us but could be a good Buy for another club.

i heard birmingham had offered 5m for james vuaghan and derby had offered 3.5m has anybody heard that

Guest blueboy122   
Guest blueboy122

what about mcfadden plus 1 million for maybe mcsheffery? decent left mid. still only young i think??

I was all for Mcsheffery last season but i dont think he's done much since he stepped up to the prem, good average player but i think we should aim a bit higher.

Pat    2

I dont no about you lot, but I almost joined in with the Chelsea fans singing " You Are Shit " to Mcfadden in the 1st half.

I would take 2.5.

I dont no about you lot, but I almost joined in with the Chelsea fans singing " You Are Shit " to Mcfadden in the 1st half.

I would take 2.5.

Faddy was the only one of our players to attack. I certainly wouldnt have been calling him shit. Him or Jags for MOTM tonight.

He's to greedy, he always wants the fame, I hate players like that personally. He done ok today but I know the next game he plays he will be shite.

I dunno if im the only one to see this, but I always find mcfadden plays better away from home.

He's to greedy, he always wants the fame, I hate players like that personally. He done ok today but I know the next game he plays he will be shite.

I dunno if im the only one to see this, but I always find mcfadden plays better away from home.

He is one of the only players in our team capable of beating a man and creating something out of nothing. He isn't not great and painfully inconsistent but for £2.5m he's worth keeping!

I do think he is improving slowly. If only they could get him some sprint training...

Do you hate Arteta then? Because he's greedy.

He is one of the only players in our team capable of beating a man and creating something out of nothing. He isn't not great and painfully inconsistent but for £2.5m he's worth keeping!

I do think he is improving slowly. If only they could get him some sprint training...

right on, if only he had pace (and sometimes his first touch leaves something to be desired) he could've been brilliant.

Daily Mail....

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is begging club chief David Sullivan to dip into his own pocket to sanction a £5.5million move for Everton forward James McFadden.

McLeish, in charge for two months since quitting the Scotland pos t, has around £5m for new players but is desperate to land McFadden after managing the 24-year-old at international level.

Everton have already turned down a £5m bid from Middlesbrough for McFadden, who scored four goals in qualifying for Euro 2008.

But The Daily Mirror reports that has not put off McLeish from trying to link up again with the striker, who has struggled to feature regularly at Goodison Park where Yakubu, Andy Johnson, Victor Anichebe and James Vaughan are vying for starts.

McLeish believes the ace wants to work with him again and will lobby City's wealthy joint-majority shareholder Sullivan for funds.

For that money I'd sell.

based on the article on the offical site it seems like were keen to sell if Birmingham offer a decent price.

Do you think we need a replacement striker at the moment, McFadden has generally been played in midfield which to be honest has recently been more of an issue than for strikers and probably leaves more of an opening there even though we have Fernandes coming in.

so do you think we should be getting a replacement this month if we sell him and if so who or what position should that player be?

lol, yes the £90K is something of a ... surprising demand.

Why does everyone rave abar him and Diaby cos from what av seen there both shit! Either am right or av never seen them play at there best.

They are most definitely not shit. It is simply another example of two young players who are actually out of their teens and aren't yet world class players... of course, this means that they aren't playing their best football and so in this country the assumption is that they are either no good or just plain lazy money grabbers. The actual reason behind this is much more simple - at the minute, they are not ready to play for Arsenal for various reasons, but their quality is still there; for example, if Diarra had been patient with Chelsea then right now you could argue that he would be the number 1 holding midfielder at the club, what with ACN, injuries and Mourinho having left.